Insert Cheesy Love Title About Mr. Johnny Toews

Chapter Seven

The next night, after their game against the Kings, the boys went out celebrating. I was sitting at home, sifting through catalogs the boys all got me for my birthday.

I was marking down which items I liked and planned on getting and so far there were only little things.

“Ugh,” I said in frustration, throwing down another catalog in the pile of which I did not like anything. They were all so girly and pink and fluffy and just not me.

“There's got to be something worth while here,” I sifted through the dozens of catalogs when finally, I happened upon a hockey catalog.

I flipped through it and I found myself marking almost everything down on my pad of paper.

”Oh my God,” I said, the lightbulb flickering above my head. “This changes everything.”

I ran through the rest of it and went through the online catalogs, knowing exactly what I wanted.

“Crap, crap,” I muttered, grabbing a pen and paper, trying to draw out my design for my store before it drifted away. “Holy crap. I'm insane. Absolutely mad for doing this.”

I spent half of the night designing my store and everything I wanted in it and by two a.m. I was passed out on my bed, catalogs strewn around me.

~~~~~

“Tessie?” someone was shaking me awake and my eyes fluttered open. “Tesss!” they sang very loudly and off key.

“What time is it?” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

“Eight. Andrew and I are leaving for practice. Are you coming?” Kris asked.

My eyes popped open as my ideas from last time came flooding back. “I can’t!” I jumped up. “I have things to do, people to see!” I started throwing clothes around, deciding what to wear.

“Okay. . .” he said. “See you after practice then?”

Sure, sure,” I said without really even comprehending what he said.

For the rest of the day I spent in my store, sketching on a pad of paper exactly how I wanted my store to be. I met with a contractor who could build me shelves and a counter. I ordered paint and found some painters willing to take on my ambitious ideas.

I was exhausted by the time I stumbled in through the door around nine and found half the team in our living room (See that? Saying ‘our’ now).

“Where have you been?” Andrew asked.

“What? Nowhere. Everywhere. A little bit of here and a tad bit of there. You know,” I smiled, plopping down on the couch next to Johnny Toews. “What are you guys doing?” I asked.

“Playing Mario Kart,” Kaner answered, looking very determined to beat Sharp, Kris, and Seabrook.

Johnny looked at me and smiled. “Get started yet?”

I smiled back at him. “Maybe.”

We sat in silence for a few moments, watching the battle for Mario Kart king continue on and somewhere in between all of the craziness from the player’s trash talking, throwing empty water bottles, and swears. Johnny Toews slipped his arm around me and maybe it was instinct, but I laid my head on his shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! I figured out the problem! Unfortunately I'm still not quite sure how to change it for previously written stories and chapters...so I've got this written. Sorry it's short, but it was more of a filler chapter for what is to come later :)