Insert Cheesy Love Title About Mr. Johnny Toews

Chapter Eight

It was the beginning of February when my store was finally ready to be debuted to the world.

“Jesus Tessa! Can’t we just see it?!” Kris whined from the doorway of my bedroom. All the boys had been bugging me about my store for months. I told everyone that I didn’t want them seeing it until it was all done. “Is it because there are little pink tutus in there or something? I can handle it Tess. I can!” he pleaded with me.

Pink tutus? Ha! What a joke Mr. Kris Versteeg. I rolled my eyes at the blonde and was going through my dresser searching for my Toews shirt. “It opens tomorrow morning.”

“We’ll be on a road trip!” he exclaimed. “We won’t be back for three days! That’s freaking Friday morning!”

I shrugged. “Good luck on your games Kris,” I smiled and kissed his cheek. “See you when you guys get back.”

I threw on my shirt over my white cami and bounded down the steps where Kaner and Johnny were lounging on the couches like they lived here. Well, they might as well have lived with us.

“Where are you going?” Kaner tipped his head back over the arm of the chair to get a look at me.

“I still have some things to take care of before I open tomorrow. Everything has to be absolutely perfect,” I grinned. I couldn’t help but smile at everything and anything. I was doing my dream job!

“Need some help?” Johnny asked coyly. He had been trying more subtle ways to weasel his way into seeing my store.

“Actually I do. Keep Kris here and make sure he actually gets on the plane, yeah?” I told the Captain.

“He’s like a con artist. He can slip away from anything and anyone,” Johnny told me. “I’ve got no guarantees.”

I shrugged. “Oh well. Good luck on your games guys! Bye!” I shouted to Andrew who was in the kitchen and ran out the door.

“Wait!” it was actually Johnny who stopped me at Andrew’s car.

I left the door open, but turned around to face the brown eyed captain. “Yes?” I asked.

“I um,” he rubbed the back of his neck. “Good luck tomorrow. I know there are a couple of other places opening tomorrow and I hope you get the most business.”

I smiled and looked down at my shoes, but only for a second. “Thanks. I’ll probably get a little more business over the weekend, so I’m counting on that.”

He nodded and we both paused, unsure of what to do. “So do you have any helpers for tomorrow?”

“Yeah actually. Andrew’s girlfriend is helping and so is Seabsy’s girlfriend. We’ll be okay tomorrow.”

“Okay. Good,” he said slowly.

“Good luck tomorrow in Detroit,” I said.

“Thanks,” he said. “So I’ll see you Friday morning?”

“You could drop by the store,” I told him.

“I’d like that,” he said and he ducked down, close enough for his lips to touch mine, but he stayed where he was, only centimeters from touching.

I closed my eyes and I closed the gap. His lips were incredibly soft and in one swift motion, he had his arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him if that was even possible. I had my hands in his hair and was playing tongue hockey with him. With Jonathan Toews.

We pulled away, gasping for air and we just stared at each other. “Wow,” I said, running my tongue over my lips. “You are a seriously good kisser.”

He smiled. “You’re not too bad yourself,” he winked.

I shoved him playfully. “I’ll see you Friday Johnny Two Toes,” I winked back.

~~~~

“Ready ladies?” I asked Marnie, Andrew’s girlfriend, and Celeste, Seabsy’s girlfriend.

They both nodded, both wearing their respective boyfriend’s shirt on as a uniform. “Your store looks amazing,” Celeste admired, looking around.

I beamed, taking it all in. “Thanks.”

“The boys have no idea about this?” Marnie asked as she fixed a few shirts on a shelf.

I shook my head. “No and I’ve been advertising it for a month now. I don’t think they expected me to do this with the store,” I laughed. “I mean I don’t think they expected me to name my store Hockey Headquarters.”

I had changed my idea of a boutique once I found that hockey catalog. I then started up a whole new dream store. And it was actually real. A Blackhawks wall with all of their items against the wall and on racks in front of it. For the other three walls, there was every other team in the NHL and some of their team stuff as to appease everyone. I had two TV’s to show games and highlights and I had Sharpie’s ready, as to use my boys when they came back.

“It sounds so bad ass,” Marnie said, taking a peek outside. “Holy crap!” she exclaimed. “There’s a line!”

“A line consists of four or more people,” I reminded her.

Celeste joined her and her mouth dropped. “This is definitely a line.”

“Seriously?” I was doubtful. “Only one way to test it. Stations ladies! We’re open for business!” I said and opened the door.

I was shocked. There must have been at least twenty people filing into my store whilst I stood there completely dumbfounded.

Apparently a hockey boutique was what everyone needed in Chicago.
♠ ♠ ♠
well to say it's been a while would be an understatement....to all those who are stillr eading this, thank you for the patience :)