Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Ten

I kept running as fast as I could. I didn't even know where I was going. I just needed to get away from Ashley. I only realized how out of breath I was, when I stumbled and fell down. My cheek hit the soft sand and I noticed I was at the beach. And it was so dark outside, I couldn't really see anything. I took a few moments to realize that I was pretty far away from home. And I didn't have my shoes on. And I was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. My throat was hurting like a bitch because of Ashley. What kind of a sister tries to choke her own sister, for fucks sake.

I hadn't really realized how bad of a problem drinking was to Ashley. But at that moment, when I was laying in the sand, my head resting against the ground, I understood that there was no way we could keep living in the same house. Someone needed to leave and if it wasn't her, it was me. Only ten minutes ago she was trying to kill me! I couldn't be in the same room with her anymore. I was scared of my own sister.

I got up from the sand slowly. Only then I realized how cold it was outside. I wiped away the sand from my cheek and let out a sigh. My feet hurt from all the running without shoes. I sniffled as I turned around and began to walk away from the beach. My plan was to go to Jimmy's place, because his house wasn't that far away from the beach. But then I realized that he wasn't home because he had just been at our place. And that's where he still propably was. I let out a cry as I understood how pathetic I looked as I walked without my shoes, in the middle of a night, alone.

And that's when it started raining.

”Fuck!” I screamed out loud as the water poured down from the sky. After only a few seconds my clothes were drenched. I walked faster and faster. The air was so cold, I was freezing. And the rain didn't really help at all. I was feeling like shit.

A moment later I saw a car. And it stopped near me. And someone got out of the car.

”Amanda!” I heard Brian's voice as that person, who turned out to be Brian, walked towards me. I stopped walking and looked at my best friend who had now reached me.

”What the hell are you doing here?” he exclaimed and looked down at me.

”I don't want to go home,” I muttered and ran a hand through my hair.

”Jimmy called me,” he told me.

”Oh.”

”Let's get you inside,” he murmured and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me against his side. Oh god, he was so warm!

”Where are we going?” I muttered and tried to wipe my eyes that were tearing up all the time.

”Where do you want to go?” he asked as he opened the car door for me. I got in and soon he was sitting on the driver's seat, looking at me.

”I just want to sleep,” I mumbled and buried my face in my hands. I must've looked pretty horrible. I felt his hand on my back.

”You're going to move in with me,” he said quietly.

”No.” I shook my head.

”No one's asking if you like it or not.”

”Michelle doesn't want me there,” I mumbled and cried a bit more. I felt like a little bitch, acting like that in front of him.

”I don't care what she wants right now,” he said, ”Do you not understand how sick I feel when your sister hits you? Or when I find you in the middle of a night, walking around without your shoes on? Or when Ashley would've just choked you if Jimmy hadn't been there? Or when everyone knows that you're not as strong as she is and you can't do anything when she hits you?”