Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Thirteen

Brian drove us home (well actually to Jimmy's place) when we really didn't have anything left to throw up anymore. He made sure Jimmy got in his bed and then closed the bedroom's door after him. I had been sitting on a kitchen counter, drinking water, as he walked into the kitchen. He walked to the counter where I was sitting and sat on it, right next to me.

”You know, I love you, Amanda,” he told me suddenly. I let out a laugh.

”I love you too, Brian. You're my best friend!”

”No, not like that,” He muttered and sighed, running a hand through his hair, ”I've started to... Really love you.” Maybe it was because of the alcohol, but I really didn't understand what he meant.

”What?”

”I haven't seen Michelle in a few days because... I can't stand her anymore. She's... Not the right one for me. And then at the same time, I realize that I feel the need to protect you. I love you, Manda, I'm in love with you,” he said and moved his hand to my thigh. I looked down at his hand. What was going on?!

”You don't just suddenly start loving someone,” I mumbled.

”I know. I guess I just didn't realize it before the other day,” he said.

”No, no,” I shook my head and looked at him, ”We're friends, Brian.”

To be honest with you, I didn't know what to say. Did I love him? Sure. Did I love him like he (apparently) loved me? Uh, I don't know. I had never really thought about us as a couple. But I had to admit that it didn't sound like a bad idea to me. He was already my best friend. He knew me better than anyone and he had been with me through a lot of shit. He was always there. So, being in a relationship with him wouldn't be much different, would it? Well, of course, we'd make out and have sex and all that stuff, but you know what I mean.

Brian had been staring at me while I'd been thinking. And when he opened his mouth, I focused on him again.

”But I love you,” he said quietly, staring right into my eyes.

”I don't know what to say,” I admitted and sighed. And that's when he leaned closer to me, moving his hand up to my face and kissing me. My eyes shot wide open, just to see his closed eyes in front of me. He moved his other hand to the back of my head, holding my head still as he moved his lips against mine. After a moment I got used to the feeling and kissed back, closing my eyes.

I didn't know why I kissed him back, because if it didn't work out, we couldn't really be friends anymore. Things would be awkward and, well, you know. You see that shit all the time in movies. Friends fall in love with each other, they realize they don't really love each other and they break up. After that there's no way of going back to the old times when they were just friends.

Let me tell you one thing. Brian was an amazing kisser (or maybe I was just too drunk). As he pushed me down, so that I was finally laying on top of the counter with him on top of me, I felt really tired. Don't get me wrong, I would've been happy to continue our making out session, but it was getting rather dangerous because soon we would fall off and I was, like I said, tired (and really confused, too). I pushed Brian away from me and he almost fell down from the counter. Brian looked confused as I sat up and got down on the floor. I stood close to him and looked up at his face for a while.

”Look, I don't know what we were just doing and why we were doing it, but I'm going to sleep now,” I mumbled. He started to smile as he pulled me into a hug.

”You're so cute,” he murmured into my ear before pulling away.

”I'll talk to you in the morning,” I said. He nodded and leaned down to kiss me one last time.

”I love you, Amanda.”

Oh.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thanks very much londonnative, AvengedSevenfold31 and RavenNightmare1 for the comments, you're the reason why I updated this today and not tomorrow, much love girls!