Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Twenty-four

A few days later I finally cheered up. Because I had a solution to my problem.

Brian said that he would do anything to help me, right? And then, he'd figured that he could buy Ashley's half of the house. We could move in together into that house. That way we didn't have to sell the house and we could still live together.

And I couldn't have been happier knowing that Brian was willing to do that for me. He was such an amazing best friend and hopefully soon to be boyfriend.

About that - I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell everyone we were dating (well, we weren't actually dating, but we weren't far from that) because it hadn't been that long since Brian broke up with Michelle. People propably knew the reason for that, though, but no one had said anything to me. So I figured people didn't hate me for ruining their relationship (which really wasn't even my fault, but whatever).

It was a Friday night and Ashley was moving her stuff out of the house. Apparently she would move in with Zacky. I hadn't really talked to Ash after the choking incident, but now I was sitting on our front porch with Brian and watching as Zacky and she carried her stuff out. My head was resting on Brian's shoulder and I was about to fall asleep. He was rubbing my lower back gently. It was pretty much a perfect moment. I wasn't fighting with my sister and I wasn't alone.

”Do you really want to move in here?” I mumbled quietly after yawning.

”I'll do whatever to make you happy,” he murmured and kissed my head.

”That's stupid.”

”No, that's love,” He said and laughed softly.

”Yeah, but you can't always try to make me happy.”

”Amanda. You don't always have to overthink about everything.”

”Fine,” I murmured and closed my eyes. A moment later I heard someone walking past us.

”We're finished.” I heard Zacky's voice and I opened my eyes to see my sister standing next to Zacky in front of us. They were holding each others hands and looking happy.

”Alright. Are you gonna go?” Brian asked. They nodded.

”I'll see you later,” Zacky said and waved at us. And before they left, Ashley handed me her keys to the house.

”I can't take your keys, Ashley. You should keep them,” I told her. She flashed a sad smile and
nodded.

”Amanda? I'm sorry for everything,” she murmured quietly before they walked to Zacky's car and drove away. I stared after them with my mouth hanging open.

”Are you all right? Let's go inside.” Brian stood up and helped me up, too. He grabbed my hand and headed into the house. I closed the door after me and leaned my back against it, letting out a sigh. Brian turned around and looked at me. I might have teared up a bit.

”Hey, hey.” Brian rushed to me and before I noticed, he had his arms around me and I was sobbing against his chest.

”You're okay, you hear me?” he murmured into my ear and kissed my forehead.

”I'm just... I'm really happy,” I admitted and cried harder.
”You deserve to be happy.”

And there I was, in Brian's arms, in my own home and feeling happy. I wasn't fighting with my sister anymore, I had found a love and that's all I was asking for.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS?