Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Twenty-six

A few days later the whole band and the wives and girlfriends were at Matt and Val's place. Now, Val was Michelle's twin sister and let me tell you that I wasn't very welcome at their place. Val, of course, couldn't like me because I had ”stolen” her sister's boyfriend. I couldn't blame her, though.

Anyway, I tried my best to avoid Val and Ashley because the two of them had their own conversations and I didn't feel comfortable around them. Actually, I didn't feel very comfortable at all. People hated me because I was now dating Brian. So I tried to be as much as I could with Brian and Jimmy and the guys. Because they didn't have a problem with me.

”Hey, let's go swimming!” Jimmy exclaimed suddenly and everyone turned to look at him.

”What? Do you realize how cold it is?” Val asked and furrowed her eyebrows.

”I don't care! We'll drink a few shots and then run straight into the pool!” Jimmy was full of joy.

Somehow everyone thought it was a good idea and soon we were standing around a table and everyone was holding a shot glass. What a stupid idea.

”Alright. Everyone drinks this as fast as possible,” Jimmy held up his glass, ”And then we'll run straight into the pool.”

”What if someone gets hurt?” Val asked.

”Pssht. Don't be such a pussy, woman,” Jimmy said and rolled his eyes.

”Yeah. Make sure you don't hurt Amanda. She's the smallest one here,” Brian said loudly. Oh wow. Embarrassing. Everyone turned to look at me. I looked down at the floor.

”Brian,” I muttered under my breath.

”What?” he asked quietly.

”You don't need to make me feel like a kid,” I muttered. He rubbed my lower back gently and leaned closer to me.

”I'm sorry,” he murmured into my ear and kissed my cheek.

”Whatever.” I pushed his arms away from me.

”Are you ready?” Matt exclaimed which made me flinch. Somehow Brian's arm was around my waist again but I ignored him. Everyone took their shots and before I could realize, I was being pulled out of the house and into the pool.

The water was so cold, I thought I'd die. It took a moment for me to get my head above the water and when I finally did, I just wanted to get out of the water. Luckily Brian realized that I wasn't very comfortable and I was freezing. He grabbed me by the waist and pushed me up and I managed to get out of the pool.

”That was really fucking horrible!” Ashley exclaimed and ran inside as soon as she'd gotten out of the pool, too.

”Oh come on, it's not that cold!” Jimmy whined.

”Fuck you, man. That was the stupidest idea ever!” Matt exclaimed with a laugh. I stood there for a moment, shivering like shit, before Brian got out of the pool. He walked to me straight away and wrapped his arms around me. He guided me into the house and followed me into the bathroom, where Ashley was.

”Hey, uh, could you hand Amanda a towel?” Brian asked her. She nodded and a moment later she gave me a towel. I took it but before I could react in any way, Brian was wrapping it around me and trying to warm me up.

”Thanks,” Brian said to my sister before she left the room.

”Are you still cold?” he asked me and leaned closer to my face. I bit my lip and nodded as I tried to stop myself from shivering. Stupid me. Why did I let them talk myself into that? I was going to get sick because of that, that's for sure. Brian pulled me against his body which, to be honest, didn't really help because he was soaking too. I wasn't getting any warmer.

”Get a towel for yourself and stop worrying about me,” I murmured quietly and swallowed hard.

”I can't help it,” he mumbled as he let go of me and grabbed a towel for himself. He wrapped it around himself and sighed, ”Are you all right? Do you want to go home?”

”I think I might go home,” I nodded, ”But you should stay.”

”No, really. I don't care about anything else if I can be with you,” he told me and cupped my cheek with his left hand. He ran his thumb on my lower lip and smiled softly.

”You never get to spend time with your friends if you keep thinking like that,” I told him quietly.

”I'm serious, Amanda. I don't care about anything else.” I knew by his tone that he was, indeed, serious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks very much HannahGatesXx for being super awesome and commenting, much love!