Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Twenty-nine

It was a Friday night. A really normal, kind of boring Friday night. Brian and I were sitting in the kitchen. I was watching as he ate pizza. There were candles everywhere because Brian thought it made the whole situation romantic. Bullshit, I tell you. I didn't care about those kinds of things, to be honest with you. But Brian did. And I'm glad someone did.

Well, anyway, I was really tired. And I couldn't wait to go to bed and snuggle with Brian a bit before falling asleep with him. I wasn't much of a drinker so that's why we weren't out with the Avenged Sevenfold group. I bet Brian really wanted to go with them but he just didn't want me to be alone. Which was, by the way, perfectly fine with me. I couldn't help but feel like Brian chose me over his friends all the time. And I don't mean to complain, because I found it nice, but still I didn't want his friends to think like I stole Brian from them.

”Do you think someone needs a ride home tonight?” Brian asked suddenly and looked at me. He had finished eating and now he had a beer in his hand.

”I don't know, why?”

”Well, I mean, I've been drinking beer and I can't drive. And if, let's say Jimmy, calls and needs a ride home from the bar, I can't make it happen,” he explained.

”Well I'm sure someone else can give him a ride if that's what he needs,” I said and yawned.

”You think? I just feel bad if someone needs to walk home. And if something happens to someone...”

”Look, honey, you guys are adults. I'm sure everyone will make it home all right.”

”You're right, yeah.”

”And if it's so important to you, I can drive if needed,” I said.

”No, I don't want you to go out there alone if you're tired.” He was shaking his head.

”I'm an adult, too, you know...”

”Yeah, but I'm worried.”

”Well there's really no need to be worried. Now, can we go to sleep?” I asked and got up from my chair. He nodded.

”Yeah, you go ahead and I'll be right there.”

I went up into our bedroom and changed into my pajamas. After that I got under the sheets and damn, it felt so good to lay down and rest my head against the soft pillow. I turned off the lights and then closed my eyes. It only took a moment for Brian to join me in the bed. I felt his hands around me as he pulled me against him. I snuggled closer and sighed. I fell asleep...

And then, suddenly something woke me up. Brian's phone. I groaned and opened my eyes.

”Hello? Yeah... Yeah... Okay, I'll be right there,” Brian mumbled into the phone and then sighed. I felt him kiss my cheek before he sat up on the bed.

”Who was it?” I mumbled against my pillow.

”Matt. He, Val and Jimmy need a ride home,” Brian told me.

”You can't drive,” I mumbled, ”You drank beer.”

”I know... Could you... I'll come with you, though...”

”Yeah, yeah...” I forced my eyes wide open and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and then got up from the bed. I pulled on some random pants that I found on the floor. Then I got a hoodie from the closet. I bet I looked like shit, but hey, what the hell? It was propably three in the morning, no one would have to look at me. Brian was already standing in the doorway waiting for me.

We were in the car on our way to the bar where Matt, Val and Jimmy were waiting. I felt bad for them. The air was cold as fuck and they were drunk, too. They must've been freezing. We hadn't talked much on our way there, but then Brian opened his mouth.

”I was going to do this tomorrow, but what the hell,” he muttered and took something out of his pocket. I looked at his hand and tried to see what he was holding.

”Keep your eyes on the road, babe,” Brian said. I quickly looked back at the road.
”What are you doing?” I asked and turned off the radio.

”I'm going to propose,” he said suddenly. What. The. Hell. I had to look at him.

”Eyes on the road, Amanda.”

”You can't propose and then tell me to keep my eyes on the road!” I exclaimed but focused on driving again. I didn't want us to die, for fucks sake. Not when he was asking me to marry him.

”Yes I can. Now, Amanda, I'd get down on my knee and all that shit, but considering we're in a car... Anyway, I'd figured out a speech and stuff, but I just want to ask you. Will you marry me, baby?” he asked.

”Why would you want to marry me? It's three in the morning and I look like shit,” I said. We had arrived at the bar and I stopped the car. I saw Jimmy and Val and Matt waiting for us.

”You never look like shit. I just, I want you so much. I need you to say yes and be my wife and have my kids,” he said quietly. Now I could look at him. He had a soft smile on his face. Then I looked down at the ring and jesus! It was huge. There was a big diamond and everything. Oh my god.

”Please say yes...”

”Isn't it a bit too soon? We've only been dating for, what? A few months?”

”I don't care. I've never loved anyone like I love you. You're my best friend,” Brian said. Then the back doors of the car opened and Jimmy, Val and Matt all got in the car.

”We were having a conversation here!” Brian exclaimed and looked at the three of them in the backseat.

”Damn, sorry,” Jimmy muttered, ”What is that? Are you proposing? What the fuck, Gates!”

”Yes! Now, shut up,” Brian muttered. I could feel everyone watching me.

”What do you say, 'Manda?” Brian asked quietly.

”Can we talk about this later?” I mumbled.

Now, of course I wanted to marry him. But I didn't want him to propose in the middle of a night in a car full of drunken people. And especially not when I looked so horrible. And when I was tired.

”Just say yes,” Jimmy whispered.

”Jimmy, shut up,” Val hissed.

”Yeah, let's talk about this when we get home,” Brian mumbled and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks fienix66613 and HannahGatesXx for your comments! (Isn't that awesome that link thing, yeah?)