Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Thirty-one

I was already asleep on the couch when Brian came back home. The reason why I was sleeping on the couch was that I thought that Brian was mad at me and didn't want me to sleep with him. So I figured that I may as well sleep on the couch.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw him standing in the doorway, looking at me. He was leaning against the doorframe, looking as if he was trying to keep himself on his feet. Was he drunk?

”Why are you on the couch?” he mumbled quietly.

”Doesn't matter. Go to bed,” I muttered and closed my eyes again.

”Are you mad? Because of something I said?” he asked.

”No.”

”Then come to the fucking bed,” he said.

”Are you drunk?”

”Yeah, so?”

”Go to bed, Brian, please.”

”No. I want you to shut the fuck up and come with me,” he muttered.

”Don't talk to me like that,” I told him and sat up on the couch, pushing the blanket away from me. I rubbed my eyes and then looked at him.

”Amanda... Let's go... Have sex. I wanna make love to you, babe.” Now he sounded really desperate.

”You're being a jerk, you do realize that, don't you?”

”Don't be like that, baby, please...”

”No. Just no. Brian, go away and clear your head,” I told him, ”I've seen enough drunken people in my life. How did you even get home? You didn't drive, did you?”

”Maybe I did.” My eyes went wide. He knew damn well that my parents had died in a car accident because of a person who was drunk while driving. And yet he did that.

”I can't believe you,” I shook my head. I didn't mind if someone was drunk. But what made me furious was when someone acted like a jerk or drove a car while being drunk.

And maybe I was afraid that Brian would turn into someone else. That maybe one day he would be so drunk he wouldn't realize what he was doing and someone would get hurt. Because exactly that had happened to my own sister. And I hated to see it and I hated to be the one who got hit by her.

”I'm gonna regret this tomorrow, right?” His voice was so quiet that I barely even heard it.

”That's really up to you,” I told him. He took a step closer but then stopped. As if he was afraid of coming any closer to me. Then, after a moment, he walked to the couch where I was and sat down next to me. He didn't touch me or anything, we just sat there in the dark room without saying a word.

Then, without a warning, he leaned his head against mine and pulled me close to him. He was breathing heavily as he kissed my forehead. His skin felt cold against mine and I shivered.

”Go to bed,” I mumbled as he kept holding me and placing kisses on my face every now and then.

”I'm sorry, Amanda, I'm sorry,” he murmured against my cheek. Then his lips found mine and he kissed me roughly, making my head jerk back and hit the couch. He moved on top of me so that my body was tightly between him and the couch. And I knew where this was going. And I didn't want it. Not when he was drunk and when the only thing he really wanted was sex. Of course I wanted him, too. How could I not? But the way he had been acting only a few minutes ago made me just want to push him away. So that's what I did. I moved my hand up to his mouth and pushed his face away from mine. He stared at me with his wide eyes.

”What's wrong?” he mumbled against my hand. I shook my head.

”We're not doing this tonight,” I said, ”I'm going back to sleep.” He bit my hand gently and I pulled it away from his mouth. Then he got up from the couch and grabbed my hand. He pulled me all the way into our bedroom. We got in the bed and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Brian throwing up in the bathroom and I grimaced. But hey, what the hell, it was his very own fault. So I closed my eyes, covered my ears and fell back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yesterday I asked where you guys come from and got a few answers. Someone asked me where I was from. So yeah, I was born in Sweden but now I live in London.

Anyway, thank you to all the commenters (bellageller1, perfectionist326, KellShadows and fienix66613)!