Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Fourty-eight

”I think I'm going to throw up...” I mumbled and looked at myself in the mirror. Don't get me wrong, I liked the way I looked. I actually thought I looked pretty in my wedding dress. But because I was so nervous, I felt like throwing up.

”Oh come on, Amanda, you're fine,” Val said as she sat down. I was about to sit down as well, but I froze when she glared at me.

”Do not sit down,” she warned, ”The dress can't take it.”

”Oh for fucks sake...” I muttered and instead of sitting down I leaned my back against the wall.

We were both quiet for a moment, until Val opened her mouth.
”You know... I'm sorry for, uh, thinking that you're a complete bitch,” she said and smiled sadly,

”It's just... Michelle doesn't really like you because of you and Brian, and uh... Yeah. I'm sorry, Amanda. I should've try and get to know to you before I made any conclusions.”

”I understand you,” I said quietly, ”Michelle is your sister and she more important than
someone you barely know.”

”But what matters is that I think you're amazing. You seem like a good friend,” she said and flashed a smile.

Someone knocked on the door and I flinched.

”Who is it?” Val exclaimed.

”It's me,” Matt shouted, ”And Brian.”

”What are you doing here?” she asked and opened the door just a bit, so that they wouldn't see me but she could see them.

That's when I really had to throw up. We were in a small dressing room and I had no idea where to puke so I grabbed the first thing I found, which was... someone's shoe, and let it all come out.

”Was that Amanda? Was it?” I heard Brian's voice coming from the other side of wall.

”Uh, yeah, but...” Val trailed off as she looked at me. I threw up once again.

”Is she okay? Let me in,” Brian said and tried to push the door open but Val stopped him.

”No. You can't see her yet!”

”She's throwing up, I have a right to make sure she's okay!” Brian exclaimed.

”I'm okay,” I muttered and wiped my mouth with a piece of paper. Eww, gross.

”Just let me see her, will you?” Brian muttered. I could tell he was frustrated.

”No! I'm sure you can live your life without her being around all the time!” Val snapped, ”Now goodbye!” She tried to close the door but Brian didn't let her.

”Amanda, baby?”

”Yeah?” I shrieked and grabbed a bottle of water and my toothbrush from my bag. Thank god I had it with me!

”Are you okay?” Brian asked.

”I'm fine. I'm just nervous,” I said, ”I'll be okay. Don't worry.”

”Are you sure?” he asked.

”She's fine,” Val shouted, ”Bye!” This time she managed to slam the door closed. She rolled her eyes as she turned around to look at me.

”Gosh, how do you deal with him?” she mumbled.

”Aww come on, he's just worried,” I mumbled and went to brush my teeth.

-

”And because we can't afford to pay to a band to come and play for you, we decided that our good friends, the guys from Papa Roach could play something for you!” Matt exclaimed into the microphone and everyone started screaming. Matt handed the mic to the singer of Papa Roach, Jacoby, who sat down.

”Brian, you old bastard, congratulations! You're now a married man! Here's a song that I wrote for my wife but I decided it fits this moment as well. This one's called No Matter What,” Jacoby said and they started playing.

So there we were, sitting around a table which was full of our closest friends and family (a.k.a. the guys from Avenged Sevenfold and Brian's family plus my sister). I was now married and I was happy as fuck. Papa Roach was awesome, the place, a big night club, looked amazing and everyone was in a good mood.

Let me tell you something about our guests. Because Brian's friends were pretty much my friends too, it meant that there were a lot of people. Avenged Sevenfold and their crew (plus girlfriends and wives) were there, some of Brian's musician friends (like Papa Roach) were there, my sister and Brian's whole family was there. The only ones I felt were missing were my parents, but since they couldn't be there... Well, anyway, I tried not to think about them, only because that would have made me really sad.

”Amanda? Are you okay?” Brian murmured into my ear. I forced a smile on my face and nodded.

”Yeah.”

”They want us to go dance,” he whispered. My eyes flew wide open. I wasn't good at stuff like that. I think I actually hated dancing like that. I thought it was sappy and stupid, but what the hell? I took a big sip of my wine before Brian pulled me up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the middle of the dancefloor area.

Shit, everyone was watching. I swallowed hard as Brian placed his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to his body.

”I hate this,” I whispered. He let out a laugh as the music started playing. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and we started... Moving. It wasn't really dancing, we just... Kind of walked slowly back and forth. Stupid, I tell you.

”You look beautiful,” he murmured.

”Well I feel stupid,” I muttered and rolled my eyes.

”Aww come on,” he whispered with a laugh, ”This is nice, isn't it?”

”No.”

”Kiss her!” We heard Jimmy's voice coming from somewhere.

”Can I?” Brian asked. I cocked an eyebrow.

”Do you really need to even ask?”

”Well I figured you might find it stupid, so it's better to be safe than sorry, right?”

”I'm rolling my eyes so bad it hurts,” I told him, ”Just kiss me.” And he did. He leaned down slightly and pulled me tightly against him before he pressed his lips against mine, kissing me softly.