Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Fifty

I finished shopping and made my way back to Brian's car with the bags. I got them in at the backseat before climbing into the car next to Brian. He looked really worried and sad as he tried to smile as he looked at me.

”Did you get everything?” he asked me.

”Yeah... Is everything okay?”

”Matt just called me, and, uh... Jimmy's in a hospital,” he mumbled and swallowed hard. I sat there shocked as I looked at him.

”What? Why? What's happened?” I asked quietly. I thought I was going to cry.

”He drank too much and god knows what else he took...” he muttered and shook his head while biting his lip. God, what a horrible day. First Ashley and Zacky, and now this. What the hell was going on? I had gotten married, only yesterday, and this should have been the happiest time of my life. Instead of being in bed with my husband, we sat in his car worrying about our friends and family. And I couldn't help but wonder, why was all this bad stuff happening now? Why now, now that I was finally happy and married?

”Should we, uhm, go back home?” I whispered.

”That's not going to help,” he muttered, ”And I think we should at least try to enjoy our honeymoon.”

”I don't think we can enjoy it after all this...” I admitted. He patted my thigh before letting out a sigh and resting his cheek against the steering wheel.

”This is bullshit,” he muttered, ”This can't be happening now. Everything was fine, for fucks sake!”

”Hey, calm down, okay? Please?”

”Soon I'll get a call that Matt and Val have split up, too, or my parents have died or some shit like that,” he mumbled and closed his eyes. I swallowed hard. He opened his eyes and looked at me, realizing what he had said.

”I'm sorry, Amanda,” he said and sat up straight, ”I didn't mean it like that...”

”It's okay. Don't worry about it,” I said and tried to smile.

”I'm sorry.”

”Shh. Don't talk about it,” I told him, ”Uhm...”

”Let's go back home. We'll come back here some other time,” he said finally and started the
car.

”Are you sure?”

”Yeah.”

We drove back to Brian's parents' summer place and got our stuff before getting back on the road. I could not believe how shitty the day had been. It had started out as a nice one, only to turn out to be like this. I was worried about Jimmy and so was Brian.

As we drove home, we didn't really talk.

”Are we going to the hospital? To see Jimmy?” I finally asked, breaking the silence.

”They don't let friends see him yet. Only family,” he muttered.

”But we are his family!”

”Exactly. Apparently, because we're not related to him, we don't get in,” he explained.

”That's stupid.”

”That is utter bullshit, I tell you.”

”Hmpfh.”

The rest of the ride was spent in silence. And when we got back home, I felt really depressed. I didn't remember Zacky was there, at our place, so when I walked into the livingroom I flinched when I saw him there sitting on the couch, watching TV. He seemed to be just as shocked to see me.

”What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to come back next week?” he asked and put his beer away.

”Yeah...” I mumbled. Brian appeared in the doorway next to me.

”What's up?” Brian asked and wrapped his arm around my waist.

”Why are you back already?” Zacky asked him.

”After all that's happened today and last night, we couldn't be away from everyone,” Brian explained with a sigh.

”Oh...”

”So, uh, do you wanna talk about something?” Brian asked and Zacky nodded. I decided it was my time to leave so I walked up to the bedroom and put down my bags. I sat down on the bed with a sigh and closed my eyes for a second.

I didn't like this at all. I didn't like it when one of my best friends was in a hospital. I was really worried, but I understood that there was nothing I could do. I only hoped Jimmy was okay.

-

I woke up when someone turned on the lights. I rubbed my eyes and looked around the room until my eyes landed on Brian.

”You do realize we haven't had sex after we got married?” he asked me as he pulled off his shirt.

”Yeah...”

”It's been, like, a week since the last time...”

”I don't care. I won't have sex if Jimmy's in hospital and Zacky is here,” I mumbled and got under the sheets. I rested my head against the pillow and closed my eyes again.

”I figured that...”

”Mmhm...”

”Amanda?”

”Yes?”

”Promise me that all this won't come between us. Promise me it doesn't change our relationship. Promise me that,” he said. He turned off the lights and soon I felt him join me in bed.

”Yeah.”

”Say you promise me,” he whispered and I felt his arms around me as he pulled my back against his chest.

”I promise,” I mumbled.
”Good. I just want you to know that everything will be fine. Even if something happens, you'll still always have me,” he murmured and kissed the back of my head.

”I love you,” I whispered.

”I love you, too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww shucks! I'm really going to end this soon...