Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Fifty-one

The next morning I woke up to the sound of Brian talking on the phone. I was too tired to open my eyes so I just kept them closed as I lay still in bed.

”We're coming to see you later today,” Brian said, ”Do you need anything? Yeah... You ass, you keep doing shit like that to yourself and you'll end up dead in no time. Yeah, fine. Bye.”

”Babe?” I opened my mouth after opening my eyes, ”Was it Jimmy?”

”Yeah... We can go over there at three,” he told me as he sat down on the bed and rested his hand on my stomach.

”My boobs aren't exactly down there and my ass is a little lower,” I mumbled, ”I assume you were aiming for either of those...”

”Oi, oi! Aren't you funny,” he exclaimed with a grin as he leaned down, closer to my face. He touched my cheek as he looked at my lips.

”You look very beautiful,” he murmured.

”You do too. Pretty, indeed.”

”What has gotten into my baby? You're not my Amanda, you're some cocky, funny woman!”

”I know. Now, let me get up, will you?” I tried to sit up but he pushed me back down.

”Not until I get a kiss,” he murmured with a wink. He got on top of me and made sure I wouldn't get up as long as he was there.

”Babe? You turn me on, especially in the morning when you do stuff like this,” I murmured as he pressed his lips against mine.

”The feeling of your fit, sexy body pressed against mine like this...” I whispered as he gave me another kiss. I closed my eyes and parted my lips as his tongue found mine.

”Have you hit your head? You've turned into a horny teenager!” he told me after we'd kissed for a while.

”You make me feel like a horny teenager,” I admitted with a grin as I finally managed to push him away from me. I sat up on the bed.

”Brian? I really am in love with you,” I told him as I got up and ran a hand through my messy hair.

”Really? Is that so? It's been a while since you last told me that.”

”I told you I love you last night,” I said.

”But you haven't said you're in love with me,” he pointed out.

”Well, now I said it. I'm completely in love with you.”

”Nice.”

”You're not going to tell me how in love with me you are?” I asked and crossed my arms over my chest. I cocked an eyebrow.

”I can show you,” he said with a shrug as he walked to me. He put his hands on my waist and looked at me.

”Well? Show me,” I mumbled just as he leaned down to kiss me. He swept me off my feet and lifted me up. I wrapped my arms around his waist (which isn't really all that easy as it seems) and kissed him back.

-

We got to the hospital and Matt and Val were there already, standing outside the building. They stood in front of the huge glass doors, holding hands.

”Did you go see him already?” Brian asked as we had reached them.

”Who? Jimmy? Yeah. They only let a few friends in so you better go before someone gets there before you,” Matt said.

”Okay.”

”Oh, did you two have fun in Vegas?” Val asked with a smile.

”Uh... Well, not really,” Brian said, ”She slept the whole ride there and we drove back the next day. Pretty much just sleeping.”

”Oh... I'm sorry.”

”We'll go back some other time,” Brian told them before they left and we went in. Some nurse told us where to go and soon we had found Jimmy's room.

I was already ready to start crying as we opened the door. I saw Jimmy lay on the bed with his eyes closed. Oh my god, it was horrible. It only hit me then that he could have died. I swallowed hard and lifted my hand up to my mouth as a few tears rolled down my cheek.

”Jimmy?” Brian asked carefully. I think he was freaking out too. He held my hand tightly as we walked closer to the bed. Jimmy opened his eyes and gave us a grin.

”Well look at you two! All married and shit,” he exclaimed suddenly. I flinched and my eyes flew wide open.

”Oi, sorry, didn't mean to scare you, Manda,” he said with a laugh as he grabbed my other hand.

”Don't you ever do that again, Jimmy, I was worried,” I mumbled and sniffled as I tried to wipe my eyes.

”I'm sorry. I won't scare you anymore.”

”I'm not talking about that... You know what I mean,” I whispered.

”Oh... Oh!” Jimmy seemed to be happy. He was smiling his wide smile as he looked at us.

”So what's going to happen now?” Brian asked.

”Well, I was thinking of going home and having a beer,” Jimmy told him with a shrug.

”Oh ha ha. You're not going to drink anything until you've got your life back on track again,”
Brian muttered.

”You could move in with us,” I said suddenly, ”That way you wouldn't have to be alone and we could make sure you don't do anything stupid.”

”I'm not a kid, Amanda,” he said and rolled his eyes.

”But you act like one.”

”Kids aren't allowed to drink and smoke and do shit like that. But I am,” he said.

”I'm just really worried,” I mumbled with a sigh.

”I can tell.”

”You're our best friend, Jimmy.”

”Right, well, maybe I could stay with you for a little while? If that makes you two feel any better,” he mumbled.

”Thanks, Jimmy.”

I gave him a hug.

They let Jimmy come home with us. We drove by Jimmy's place and stopped to get him some clothes and stuff like that. When we got back in the car, Jimmy opened his mouth.

”And I don't want to hear you two fucking in the middle of the night,” he told us. My eyes flew wide open and I turned to look at the back seat where he was grinning like an idiot.

”Don't worry, we'll do it during the day when you're wide awake,” Brian said as he started the car.

”Brian!” I exclaimed and slapped his thigh. He laughed.

”Is she good in bed, Gates?” Jimmy asked.

”Hey, hey, hey!” I shouted and turned on the radio.

”Would I be married to her if she wasn't?” Brian exclaimed over the music. I gasped.

”I'm kidding, baby,” he said with a laugh and patted my thigh.

”You better be,” I muttered and looked out of the window.

”Maybe she's horrible, maybe that's why she got mad,” Jimmy said with a laugh after Brian had turned off the radio.

”Man, you're talking about my wife. She's amazing - in bed, too. And if I weren't sticking up for her right now, she would beat the shit out of me,” Brian said and chuckled.

”You're whipped, dude,” Jimmy said. I saw him shaking his head.

”I'm just married.”