Be Quiet You Might Piss Somebody Off

Number Seven

I woke up in the middle of a night. I realized that Brian wasn't in the room anymore so I got up from the bed. I walked to the door, when I heard his voice coming from the other side of the door. He was talking to someone. Soon I realized it was Zacky.

”How was the fight anyway? Amanda was crying. And she never cries,” Brian said to Zacky. I was about to open the door when I heard what he said. I froze and pressed my ear against the door as I tried to hear better.

”It was really... Intense,” Zacky muttered, ”I'm fucking sick of that. They can't live together anymore.”

”I know. It's getting worse,” I heard Brian say.

”What are we gonna do? It's not really any of our business, but Ashley's my girlfriend...” Zacky said and I heard him sigh deeply.

”I don't know, man, I don't know. Couldn't she move in with you?”

”You know there's no room for anyone else. The place is such a mess,” Zacky muttered.

”Yeah, you're right. Maybe... No. Michelle wouldn't like it.”

”Like what?”

”If Amanda moved in with me,” Brian said. My eyes shot wide open. Brian was such a good friend. But he was right. Michelle wouldn't like it.

”That would be a good idea, actually.” I heard Zacky say.

”I know. I'm getting really worried about Amanda,” Brian muttered. He was?

”Why? Because she isn't eating?”

”Yeah! She only eats whenever someone's there.” I could hear someone sigh deeply. The conversation was pretty interesting but I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted me to hear what they'd been talking about.

”It's the same with Ash. Well, not with eating, but drinking. She drinks every day!”

”I don't know what to do with them. But they can't continue living together, that's for sure,” Brian said.

”We'll figure out something. I better go before Ashley wakes up...” I pulled away from the door and ran as fast as I could to the bed. Because I knew that they were done chatting and soon Brian would come back into my room. And I didn't want him to know I'd been awake and listening to their conversation.

I had just got under the sheets and blankets and closed my eyes, when the door opened. I kept my eyes tightly closed as I felt Brian join the bed.

”Amanda?” he whispered. I didn't say anything. Then I felt him lay down and let out a sigh.

I tried my best to fall asleep, but I couldn't for some reason. So, a few minutes later, I opened my eyes. When my eyes got used to the darkness, I noticed that Brian was still awake, laying on his back and staring at the ceiling.

”Brian?” I whispered. It seemed like I had scared him, because he flinched before turning his head to my direction.

”How long have you been awake?” he asked.

”Oh, I just woke up...” I mumbled. I hoped he didn't realize I was lying.

”Oh... Okay.”

”Why aren't you sleeping?” I asked quietly.

”I... Couldn't just sleep,” he told me.

”Is it because I was snoring?” I joked with a grin. Of course I hadn't been snoring. I never did that.

”How did you know?” he asked with his wide eyes. What? I had not been snoring, for fucks sake!

”I was joking!” I exclaimed.

”I wasn't!”

”I don't snore,” I muttered.

”You do,” he said with a smile.

”So do you.”

”I don't!” he exclaimed with a laugh.

”You really do! I don't understand how someone can sleep with you,” I said with a grin. He
rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair before sitting up.

”Do you wanna go out?” He asked and turned to look at me.

”What? Right now? In the middle of the night?”

”Yeah,” he nodded, ”Let's go driving around the town. Or swimming!”

”The water is cold!”

”Then let's go drive!”

"Hmphf, fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hi! How is everyone doing? Good? Bad? I'm pretty good!

Hello new readers and a big thank you to the commenters!