Status: On Hold !

Endless Nights

Blush

"Not many people can rock the beanie look with curled hair,but you can,"she complimented when I reached her.

"Thank you,"I told her sincerely.

"Okay so Halloween is over,and my family has a tradition,"she informed with an excited smile,"that we throw a costume party the Friday after Halloween and I was wondering if you would come?Its basically a dance and Im going to invite everyone from school and-"she continued.

"I don't mix well with parties,"I interrupted.

"Don't worry,you'll be fine.I just think it will help you,"she assured.

"And what do I need help with exactly?"I asked.

"Well,getting friends of course,"she stated.

"I can get friends,I choose not to.Since when has a teenage girl ever needed friends?I don't want friends so I don't need help making them,"I told her harshly.

This conversation made my semi-good morning a bad one.Why couldn't she and my mother just grasp the fact that I'm very independent and don't need anyone?

"I'm not saying that,I just think you should live with friends.Life is too short to be alone,"she tried to ease the tension that now filled our conversation.

"Whatever,just drop it."

"So you'll go?"she pleaded.

"Only if you never speak of my choice to be anti-social and don't try to force friends upon me,"I compromised.

"Promise!Yay!This is going to be amazing,we need to get you a costume because I doubt you went trick or treating on Sunday,"she smiled.

"Not anymore,grew out of it,"I lied.

"Well I think I have an outfit that would work good with you.Anyways,the party is in a couple days and I already have people handing out fliers and spreading the word,"she told me as we boarded the large yellow school bus.

She followed me towards the back,still blabbering about her party.What was it about parties that made people so happy?So a bunch of kids come together and dance,whats the big deal?I can do that in my room.

I tuned Jaseyla out as we drove to school.Maybe I would start driving myself to school.Space was kind of a foreign concept to Jaseyla,though I could tell she was trying.

Jaseyla had stopped talking to me and began chatting with a girl across the isle.

"I heard he is super cute,"the girl stated with a giggle.

"Whats his name again?"Jaseyla asked.

"Elijah Sterling,Eli for short,"the girl sighed.Jaseyla didn't reply for a moment.

"Why did he move here?"she finally asked.

"Foster care,poor kids being bounced from house to house,"said the girl who sounded more then interested in the stranger that was the topic of their gossip.

"Hm..."Jasyela hummed.

She seemed almost on edge after that conversation.Not like she was worried or scared,but something in between.

When we got to school,there was a large group crowded around someone.I wanted to see but thought better of it if it were just a fight.Through the heads of people I could see it wasnt a fight.Just a boy.

He had black hair that if it weren't spiked it would have flown over his face and just above his eyes.From where I stood I couldn't make out the color of his eyes but I figured they were blue.His skin was ivory white,it made me think of Jaseyla's pale skin.He was tall and lean,though through his cloths you could definitely see the profound muscles around his arms.

His facial expression seemed annoyed.Almost like he wasn't expecting a welcoming party on his first day.Girls were the majority that swarmed him like a pack of tigers.I could hear them begging him to walk them to class,to hang out with them a lunch,to be their date to Jaseyla's dance,so many invites that he seemed to shoot down almost immediately.

His eyes shot over to Jaseyla and then away again after she said something about how the girls at this school were going to be annoying.Now I could see his eyes.They were a dark sapphire blue.Beneath his deep blue orbs,his eyes were dark,as if he hadn't slept in days and was tired.

He wasn't in hearing range,yet he seemed to hear Jaseyla after she spoke his name.

"Eli isn't even that cute,"she mumbled with a teasing smile.His head jerked over and also shot a teasing smile.

Of course I thought he was cute.He had a small rounded chin with even cheek bones.His hair shined in the slightly sunny morning.His eyes were brilliant against his white skin and dark eyebrows and curly lashes.He was stunning.There weren't words to compare how gorgeous he was.

His beauty reminded me of Jaseyla,who was blabbering on beside me,though I was still staring at Eli.His lips curved up into a wonky smile that I knew only he was capable of.His teeth showed slightly and gleamed in the light.

I wasn't sure if he was smiling at me,but that didn't stop me from blushing.I knew that if I blushed,it would be more then noticeable so I tried to hide my face in my hair,only to fail.

"Why are you blushing,Alexa?"Jaseyla asked.

"Nothing,its just hot,"I lied.She nodded,not believing me for a second and looked around until her eyes halted on Eli and his goofy smile.She didn't say anything but shot him a glance that I didn't understand.

"Lets go get breakfast,I'm hungry,"she ordered,hauling me towards the cafeteria.

"Your hurting my arm,"I informed her when her grip in my arm got a little to tight to be comfortable.Her grip was like have a steal rod wound tightly around my arm,it felt unbreakable.The pale white fingers released me slightly once we were at the door of the cafeteria.

Great,bruises for tomorrow, I thought as I rubbed my arm in the place where her hand held me too tightly.

"Do you now him or something?"I asked.

She contemplated her answer before speaking,"Cousin,one I'm not fond of."she said point blank.

That explains why they look similar,I thought.

"So,I'm so excited for Friday,its going to be amazing!"Jaseyla began then shot into a story about all her past Halloween parties.

When the bell rang,I was glad to have a reason to get away from Jaseyla.In my environmental class everyone chattered.I could hear some girls still gossiping about Eli and some boys chatting about Jaseyla's upcoming party.

Mr.Gray walking in and wrote "Quiz" on the board.The groans from the students filled the room as Mr.Gray laughed silently.

"Remember,note books are due tomorrow and your benchmark is next week,"he announced,passing test sheets out to the students.More groans and complaints erupted from the students.

When the late bell rang the door opened,forcing everyone to look over,except me.My eyes were glued on my test as I finished the first question.

"Sit by Alexa,Alexa raise your hand,"Mr.Gray ordered.I raised my right hand,the one I wasn't using the write with.I didn't hear the chair in front of me scratch against the tile but I could sense someone was in front of me.I put my hand back down and looked over.

Eli said in the dimly lit room with a smirk on his face as he watched me.I felt confused as to why he was smirking.I shook my head and finished my test.When I finished I noticed he finished his as well.

He pulled a scratch piece out and began scribbling on it,then shoved it towards me.His writing was old fashioned,how he managed to write so neatly was a mystery to me.

Hello was written on the first line.I felt my cheeks getting warmer as it sank it that this note was meant for me.

Hey I wrote on the line underneath his in my large left handed neat print.I shoved the paper back to him and watched as his wonky smile came into contact with his face.

The left corner of his lip was pulled up while the right corner was opened to reveal his teeth.It was a crooked smile that seemed perfect,despite his flaws.His deep blue eyes met mine as he pushed the paper back to me.

You seem quiet he sated in his clear cursive.

Naturally.Does that bother you?I asked,shoving the paper back to him.

Not one bit (; he replied.

My cheeks flushed madly as I read the winking face that seemed completely out of place with his writing.I heard him chuckle and felt inclined to blush more.His chuckle was low and delightful to hear.

The class started to begin conversations as they finished their tests.I could see the girls behind Eli gawking at him and I could see the jealousy in their eyes as he sat across from me.

"Alexa,"Eli hummed.

I shot my head towards him instead of the girls behind him.

"Such a beautiful name,defender of men,"he smiled.

"Is that what my name means?"I asked,my voice louder then usual.

"Indeed,its Greek,"he informed.

"Funny because I'm not Greek,I'm Italian,"I stated with a smile.

"Before the bell rings,lab day tomorrow!Hair up,girls,earrings out,pants that don't go past your butt,boys!"Mr.Gray announced,with the bell ringing seconds after he finished.

I passed my test in and picked up my backpack.Eli was already ready to leave,waiting by the door.When I reached him he began to walk with me.

"Whats your next class?"I asked him,hoping to hear his smooth voice.

"Economics,"he answered with his wonky smile.

"Your a senior?"I caught on.Economics was a senor class,one that not many juniors got into.

"Yes,are you as well?"he asked.

"I'm a a junior,"I stated.

"You seem older,"he confessed.

"I've never heard anyone say that,"I admitted half-heartedly.

We took another step and I realized I needed to go out to the Lincoln building.

"Are you going to Lincoln?"he asked,looking at the door that I was gazing at.I nodded and he smiled his wonky smile.

I exited the Washington building with him following shortly after me.To an onlooker,it would seem that he was casually walking behind me,but his small conversations told me that he was walking with me.Girls swarmed him as we reached the Lincoln building.I glanced over to see him desperately trying to get out of the crowd.I decided it would be better if I just let it be,less drama to deal with.

I jogged up the stairs and found my next class.The teacher began the lesson once the late bell rang.I didn't even bother to take notes.My pencil glided across the paper but in random scribbles.I wasn't in a focusing mood.

The next few classes were much the same.Boredom filled my mood along with the moods of all the other students in the classroom.I noted that no one was taking notes except the one AVID student who was only taking notes due to the need for them that her AVID college prep class demanded.

At lunch I didn't bother to get lunch.The massive crowd that waited outside the door to the cafeteria to be let in discouraged me.And the length of the window lines just on the other side of the wall made me sigh.

I took my seat on the planter and closed my eyes as the sun made the white concrete hurt my eyes.

"Okay so the lunch line is ridiculous!"Jaseyla exclaimed,slamming her brown rectangular tray that had a salad in a clear container,straight onto the red planter."I mean,whats up with all the freshman deciding 'hey I'm gonna get lunch today when I'm not even gonna eat it'. It bugs me,"she vented.

She blabbered on with her complaints on the sudden want for school lunch as I people-watched.A white light in the center of a group of darkly tanned girls started to make its way towards us.As it got closer I noticed it was Eli,surrounded by girls again.

"Okay girls,I'll talk to you later,"he told them,trying to make them leave.They pouted but began to walk away with the loud protests.I couldn't help but laugh at them.

"Jaseyla,"Eli greeted,his wonky smile in place.

"Eli,"she sighed.

"Awkward cousin moment?"I asked,eying the both of them.

"Guess so,"Jaseyla answered.

"Actually,Jasey,can I talk to you really quick?"Eli asked.

I giggled,"Jasey." She shot me a playful smile and stuck her tongue out as she and Eli walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty please comment?
Comments make the world go round!