Status: On Hold.

A Life as a Pirate

Unwelcome Wedding Guest

“Come on, Will! Hurry up!” I shouted to him as I finished fixing my hair into nice curls.
“I just gotta,” he mumbled shifting a few things around, “Ah! Here it is,” he said hopping into the room putting on his boot.
I grabbed his hand, “We’re late already! Let’s go!”
I opened the door to find, one, that it had started raining, and two, a bunch of men in red coats had bayonets pointing at our faces.
“Arrest them,” a man snapped from the background.
Instantly, I had cuffs on my wrists. “What is this about,” I growled at the men.
“Do not speak, Miss Turner,” the man that had givin the order earlier said. He had on a long black cloak and was a head shorter than I was.
We walked down to where Will and Elizabeth were to be married and she came running towards us. “Will! Jezabell,” she gasped. “Why is this happening?”
“I don’t know,” Will said to her. “You look beautiful.”
“I think it’s bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.”
“Make way! Let me through,” the Governor commanded as he walked through the crowd. Two of the men crossed their spears blocking the Governor. “How dare you! Stand your men down at once. Do you hear me?”
The man in the black cloak turned around and removed it, “Governor Weatherby Swann, it’s been too long,” he smiled.
“Cutler Beckett?”
“It’s Lord now, actually.”
The men removed their spears, “Lord or not, you have no reason and no authority to arrest this man and woman.”
“In fact, I do. Mr. Mercer?” He said holding out his hand. He opened a leather pouch and from it Beckett took out a piece of paper. “The warrant for the arrest of one William Turner and one for Miss Jezabell Turner.” He handed the papers to the Governor.
“This warrant is for Elizabeth Swann,” he gasped.
“Oh, is it? That’s annoying. My mistake. Arrest her.”
“On what charges?” she commanded.
“Aha. Here’s one for William Turner. And I have another one for a Mr. James Norrington. Is he present?”
“What are the charges?” Elizabeth yelled.
“Commodore Norrington resigned his commission some months ago,” said the Governor.
“I don’t believe that was the answer to the question I asked.” Beckett said to the Governor.
“Lord Beckett,” growled Will, “In the category of questions nor answered…”
“We are under the jurisdiction of the king’s governor of Port Royal and you will tell us what we are charged with,” Elizabeth snapped at him.
“The charge,” her father said looking at the papers, “is ‘conspiring to set free a man convicted of crimes against the Crown and Empire and condemned to death, for which the…’” Governor Swann stopped short.
“For which the punishment, regrettably, is also death,” smirked Beckett. “Perhaps you remember a certain pirate named Jack Sparrow.”
“Captain,” the three of us said at once.
“Captain Jack Sparrow,” I growled.
Beckett smirked, “Captain Jack Sparrow. Yes, I thought you might. Now if you would please escort this man and women down to the cells. And make sure they are in separate cells.” Beckett then turned away as we were taking down into the all too familiar cells. The man shoved me inside the cell once he had taken of my cuffs.
I went over and curled up in a corner while Elizabeth and Will talked with one another. This had been about Jack? But we hadn’t even seen him in months and they’re just now coming after us for it. I closed my eyes thinking of Jack. Remembering anything and everything about him. His warm skin, his long brown dreadlocked hair, his warm chocolate brown eyes.
I stood up and looked out the small window in the cells, out to the sea. He was out there somewhere. Sailing the seas, being a pirate. I sighed and rested my hand on my chin. I gazed out at the sea as the sun began to show.