Status: On Hold.

A Life as a Pirate

The Black Pearl

Later that night, Will was still working. I leaned up against the wall, reading. When his hammer stopped I looked up. Will crept over to the window and pushed it open. “Will?” I asked closing my book. “What’s wrong?”
He was quiet for a moment, “Nothing.” He turned back to me, “It was too warm in here for me.”
I nodded leaning back against the wall and opened my book again. Suddenly cannon fire could be heard in the streets. I jumped up, letting my book fall to the floor. I ran over to Will. He grabbed a hatchet and a sword. “Stay here,” he said to me.
“What are you crazy? I’m going with you!” I cried grabbing a sword of my own and following him out the door.
“No, you’re not.” He said grabbing the sword out of my hands, pushing me back inside and stabbing the sword into the door, blocking me from getting out.
“William Turner!” I screeched. I thought for a moment and then smirked. Back door. I grabbed a sword and quickly walked to the back door. But it was also locked. I huffed. I turned and then saw the open window. I climbed out of it and ran towards the direction of the docks.
People and pirates were running everywhere. I hid in the shadows, trying not to be seen, but searching for Will.
“Hello there, young missy.” I jumped and standing behind was one of the pirates. “His teeth were brown and his breath was unbearably horrid. He looked down at my sword. “That’s awful sharp for a woman. Why don’t ye hand it over and I’ll direct you back to the tavern to serve us up some drinks?” He grabbed my arm.
“I don’t bloody think so,” I growled elbowing him in the face and then slashing at his throat.
I then took off down towards the docks. There out in the bay was a large pirate ship with black sails. I gazed at it knowing I had seen it somewhere before. Like an old memory. I turned hearing screams from behind me. I watched as two pirates had a hold of Elizabeth and were dragging her towards the pirate ship. Two more pirates came running by me with a chest full of treasure. I quickly jumped into the shadows. I looked back and saw Will lying in the dirt. Once the pirates had gone I ran over to Will.
“Will,” I whispered shaking him. “William, wake up.” But as much as I shook him, he didn’t wake till dawn.