Status: On Hold.

A Life as a Pirate

The Hunt

Three hours later.
Will stood up quickly and looked out to the docks. “They left hours ago, Will.” I said gazing out into the bay were most of the ships were destroyed.
He turned to me, “And Elizabeth? Do they still have Elizabeth?” I nodded. He quickly turned and ran for the fort. I quickly followed behind him. “They’ve taken her. They’ve taken Elizabeth,” he said to Commodore Norrington and Governor Swann.
“Mr. Murtogg, remove this man and his sister,” the Commodore said without looking up.
Mr. Murtogg went to take Will and I but Will shook him off. “We have to hunt them down. We must save her.”
“And where do you propose we start,” asked the Governor. “If you have any information concerning my daughter, please, share.”
“That Jack Sparrow. He talked about the Black Pearl,” Mr. Murtogg spoke up.
Jack. I thought. Of course he’d know something about the Black Pearl.
“Mentioned it is more like it,” spoke one of the other guards.
“Ask him where it is,” snapped Will. “Make a deal with him. He could lead us to it.”
“No,” sighed the Commodore. “The pirates who invaded this fort left Sparrow locked in his cell; ergo they are not his allies.” He turned to the Governor. “Governor, we have established they’re most likely course.”
I jumped and took a quick intake of breath as Will slammed his hatchet down into the table. “That’s not good enough,” he snapped.
“Mr. Turner,” the Commodore said as he removed the hatchet from his table and map. “You are not a military man, you are not a sailor, you are a black smith,” he said walking around the table to us. He grabbed both of our arms and pulled us away from the others. “This is not a moment for rash actions. Do not make the mistake that you are the only man who cares for Elizabeth.” He then handed the hatchet back to Will and turned back to the others.
Will turned and started to walk to the cells. “Where are you going?” I shouted at him.
“We need to find Elizabeth. And the only man that can help us is Jack. So ergo we are going to go to Jack, make a deal and then hopefully be on our way to find Elizabeth,” Will said imitating the Commodore.
I smiled. “You know, you’re really bad at imitations.” I smiled as we jogged down the steps to the cells.
“You,” said Will. “Sparrow.”
I peered inside the sell and saw the marvelous Jack Sparrow basking in the sunlight.
“Aye?”
“You’re familiar with that ship, the Black Pearl.”
“I’ve heard of it,” Jack teased slightly.
“Where does is make birth?”
“Where does it make birth?” he said sitting up, “Have you not heard the stories?”
Will turned to me and I raised my hands up. “I only know of him,” I said pointing to Sparrow. “Not any ship.”
Jack rolled his eyes and laid back down, “Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sailed from the dreaded Isla de Muerta. It’s an island that can’t be found, except,” he sat up again, “by those who already know where ‘t is.”
“The ships real enough, therefore its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?”
Jack began to inspect his nails. “Why ask me?”
“Because you’re a pirate,” I snapped at him.
“Careful there, love. It is true I am a pirate,” he sat up. “And I ain’t very friendly when I’m mad.”
“You are a pirate,” Will snapped as well.
“And you want to turn pirate yourself, is that it?” He teased.
Will grabbed the bars in anger, “Never.” Jack smirked. “They took Miss Swan.”
“Oh! So it is that you found a girl.” He said leaning on his elbows. “I see. Well if you’re intending to brave all, hasten to her rescue, and so win the fair lady’s heart, you’ll have to do it alone mate. I see no profit in it for me.” I rolled my eyes, typical pirate.
“I can get you out of here,” Will said quickly.
“How’s that? They key’s run off.”
“I helped build these cells. These are half pin barrel hinges.” He turned and grabbed one of the benches. “With the right leverage and the proper application of strength. The door with lift free.”
“What’s your name,” he asked. “Both of you.”
“Will Turner,” Will said first.
“Jezabell Turner,” I murmured.
He smirked at Will. “That would be short for William, I imagine. Good strong name. No doubt named for your father, aye?”
“Yes,” Will said slowly. I frowned at the pirate’s knowledge.
“Uh huh. Well Mr. Turner,” he said standing up, “Miss Turner. I’ve changed me mind. If you spring me from this cell, I swear on pain of death, I shall take you to the Black Pearl and your bonny lass. Do we have an accord?” Jack stuck his hand out from the cell.
Will took it, “Agreed.”
“Agreed. Get me out,” Jack smiled waving his hands.
Will then pulled down on the bench that was wedged in and the door lifted up out of its hinges, releasing the pirate. The pirate began to slowly climb threw.
“Uh, hurry. Someone will have heard that,” I said to him as he walked the opposite way.
“Not without my effects, love,” he smiled grabbing his sword, pistol, coat, and other things off a hook. I rolled my eyes and we then quickly exited out of the cells and down to the docks.
“We’re going to steal the ship?” asked Will as we stopped in the water underneath the stone bridge. “That ship?”
“Commandeer. We’re going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term. One question about your business, boy,” Jack said turning to Will. “Or there’s no use going. This girl. How far are you willing to go to save her?”
“I’d die for her,” Will said instantly.
“Oh, good. No worries, then.” He turned to me, “And you. Are you coming or staying? ‘Cause the sea is really no place for a woman, love.” He smiled.
I growled, “I’m going with you.”
“No, you’re not,” Will said turning to me.
“Oh, really? I think I’m old enough to take care of myself, William,” I snapped.
Jack rolled his eyes, “Are you done?”
“Yes, let’s go,” I said ignoring Will’s stare.
“Well good,” smiled Jack.
We crept over to one of the life boats that were lying on the beach and hid under one of them. We listened for the Royal Navy to trot by and then we squatted up and quickly walked into the water. We walked under the water with the boat above our heads, keeping the water from our faces.
“This is either madness or brilliance,” Will spoke from behind me.
“It’s remarkable how often those two traits coincide,” Jack smiled looking back at the both of us.
We finally reached the Dauntless and climbed up the back side, using the crate that was tied to a barrel that Will had stepped in. Jack drew his pistol and Will and I drew our sword as we walked down onto the main deck.
“Everyone stay calm!” Jack shouted to the men on the ship. “We are taking over the ship.”
“Aye! Avast,” Will shouted stepping up next to Jack with his sword held up.
The men laughed at Will and I couldn’t help but laugh as well. Jack turned to look at Will with a, are you stupid look.
“This ship cannot be crewed by two men, and a woman. You’ll never make it out of the bay,” he smirked.
“Son, I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.” Jack then lifted his gun and pointed it in the man’s face. “Savvy? Now I suggest you get off this ship, now.”
The men then quickly loaded the life boats and started to row back to the docks.
“Sir, they’ve taken the Dauntless!” The man shouted from the boat. “Commodore! They’ve taken the ship! Sparrow and the Turner’s have taken the Dauntless!”
“Um, Sparrow. We might have a problem,” I said turning to the boys who were releasing the sails.
“Captain,” Jack emphasized. “Captain Sparrow.” I turned to glare at him. “And don’t worry, love. It’s all part of the plan.” Jack then went up to the wheel and stood with his pistol on his shoulder.
I walked up looking over to the side and Will came running up. “Here they come.” Jack only smiled.
The Interceptor quickly caught up to us and the sailors and the Royal Navy swung over onto the Dauntless. Once all the men were on the Dauntless Jack, Will, and I swung over to the Interceptor. Will walked down the line and cut all the ropes and Jack ran to the wheel to steer the Interceptor away from the Dauntless. I watched as a few of the sailors tried to swing back over to the Interceptor but fell into the water.
Jack pulled off his hat and waved it to the Commodore. “Thank you, Commodore, for getting us ready to make way. We’d have had a hard time of it by ourselves.”
The Royal Navy took aim at the Interceptor but none hit us. I giggled as we successfully made it out of the bay.
“I cannot believe that actually worked!” I cried, laughing. “This is what it’s like to be a pirate?”
“Aye, darlin’. Isn’t lovely,” chuckled Jack.
Will was giving me a disapproving look. I giggled dancing around the deck. I didn’t care. This was the most fun I’d had since I was little. I leaned over the railing and gazed out to the open sea. A few clouds were in the sky but nothing but open water was on the horizon.
“It’s beautiful,” I whispered watching a few sea creatures swim under the clear water.
“Aye,” I heard Jack say from behind me. “The open sea is always beautiful, young Miss Turner.”
I turn to Jack and smiled, “Please, call me Jezabell, Jack.”
He smirked and put a finger into the air, “Ah, it’ll Captain Jack to you, love.” He then scampered off to the wheel to set our course. Smiling I shook my head and turned back out to the sea.