Status: On Hold.

A Life as a Pirate

The Curse

Pintel and Ragetti came back down a while later and began to “wash” the floor.
“Shiver me timbers,” squawked Mr. Cotton’s parrot.
“Cotton here says you missed a bit,” Gibbs said to Pintel.
“You knew William Turner?” Will asked Pintel.
“Ol’ Bootstrap Bill. We knew him. Never sat well with Bootstrap, what we did to Jack Sparrow. The mutiny and all. He said it wasn’t right with the Code. That’s why he sent off a piece of the treasure to you. He said we deserved to be cursed. And remain cursed.”
“Stupid blighter,” said Ragetti.
“Good man,” Gibbs growled.
“Well,” Pintel continued, “as you can imagine, that didn’t sit too well with the captain.”
“That didn’t sit too well with the captain at all,” chuckled Ragetti. “Tell him what Barbossa did.”
“I’m telling the story!” Pintel shouted at him. “So, what the captain did. He strapped a cannon to Bootstrap’s bootstraps.”
“Bootstrap’s bootstraps,” chuckled Ragetti.
“And last we saw of Ol’ Bill Turner, he was sinking to the crushing, black oblivion of Davy Jones’ Locker. ‘Course it was only after that we learned we needed his blood to lift the curse.”
“And that’s what you call ironic,” said Ragetti.
Barbossa walked down the steps, “Bring them.” He then threw the keys at Ragetti.
Pintel and Ragetti then opened our cell door, bound our hands and pulled us out to the boats. Tears started to slip down my face. I hid them with my long brown hair. I stared out into the open ocean, knowing I would never see it again.
“Being a pirate was fun while it lasted,” I whispered looking over to Will.
He frowned slightly but said nothing back to me. We left the boats and headed into the very familiar treasure room.
“No reason to fret. Just a prick of the finger. A few drops of blood,” smiled Pintel.
“No mistakes this time,” growled another pirate. “They’re only half Turner. We spill it all!” The pirate pushed Will and I up to where Elizabeth had been standing earlier that day. Two pirates held Will down and one held me down. The other pirates were standing around cheering.
“Begun by blood,” shouted Barbossa. “By blood…” Everyone stopped cheering as Jack came walking through the crowd.
I glared at him, my eyes watering even more. He had betrayed me. He should have died on that god forsaken island.
“Jack!” Gasped Will.
“It’s not possible,” whispered Barbossa.
“Not probable.” He said weaving around the pirates up to Barbossa.
“Where’s Elizabeth?” asked Will.
“She’s safe, just like I promised. She’s all set to marry Norrington, like she promised. And you get to die for her, like you promised. So we’re all men of our word, really. Except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman.”
“Shut up!” snapped Barbossa. “You’re next.”
The pirates leaned me over and Barbossa placed the dagger at my throat.
“You don’t want to be doing that, mate.” Said Jack.
“No, I really think I do,” whispered Barbossa.
“Your funeral,” grumbled Jack.
“Why don’t I want to be doing it?” He asked removing the dagger from the throat and standing up straight.
“Well, because…” he slapped away one of the pirates hands, “because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy, is floating just offshore waiting for you. Just hear me out, mate. You order your men to row to out the Dauntless. They do what they do best. Robert’s your uncle. Fannie’s your aunt. There you are with two ships. The makings of your very own fleet. Of course, you’ll take the grandest as your flagship, and who’s to argue? But what of the Pearl? Name me captain. I’ll sail under your colours. I’ll give you ten percent of me plunder. And you get to introduce yourself as Commodore Barbossa. Savvy?”
“I suppose in exchange, you want me not to kill the wench and the whelp.”
Jack took a step closer, “No, no, no. Not at all. By all means, kill the whelp. But the wench, ‘ow ‘bout you give her over to me, aye? But don’t kill the whelp just yet. Wait to lift the curse until the opportune moment. For instance…” Jack reached down and picked up a few of the coins. “After you’ve killed Norrington’s men. Every,” coin drop, “last,” coin drop, “one,” coin drop. I watched Jack’s hand seeing that there was still one left but he shoved it up his sleeve.
“You’ve been planning this from the beginning,” growled Will. “Ever since you learned our name.”
“Yeah,” smiled Jack.
“I want fifty percent of your plunder.” Shouted Barbossa.
“Fifteen.”
“Forty.”
“Twenty.”
“Twenty five, and I’ll give you the girl,” smiled Barbossa.
“We have an accord,” Jack said smiling and then shook hands with Barbossa. Barbossa nodded to the pirates and they pushed me over to Jack. He caught me and quickly put an arm around my waist, holding me next to him. “All hands to the boats!” he called to the pirates. “Apologies,” he whispered after he realized what he did. “You give the orders.”
“Gents, take a walk,” he smiled.
“Not to the boats?” questioned Jack.
Barbossa didn’t say anything to him. I turned and twisted trying to get out of Jack’s arms. “Let me go you lying, thieving, pirate,” I hissed at him.
“Shush,” he hissed into my ear. “Trust me, love, I will get you and your dear brother out of here unharmed.”
“Why in hell should I trust you,” I growled. “You’ve never given me reason to.”
He turned me around to face him he placed my forehead against his, “Trust me, love. And this would’ve been easier if you hadn’t givin’ him your name.”
“You already had,” I growled at him.
“No, I hadn’t. I only said there were two of you.” He looked sad. “Please, trust me.” After a moment I slowly nodded to him. “Good. Can you get your dagger out of your boot without being noticed?” I nodded. He smiled, “Good. Do that.”