Status: Finished

Robin's Little Sister

Three, Two, One

~KATHERINS POV~
I got to the park earlier than Kaelyn and had agreed on, because, well... I've always been like that. Always the first to show up for things. Besides, knowing Kaelyn, she would probally be an hour earlier just to say she got here before me. Seriosly, that girl worries me sometimes... But you have to love her.
I laid down on the grass, and started looking for shapes in the clouds. Just like Kaelyn, I was a kid at heart. Of course, she preferred skipping rocks, but still.
I spotted what looked like a person karatie(sp?) chopping a piece of wood. Ugh... Everything reminded me of karati. I'm a black belt, and my parents wont let me practice here. Grr...
I looked again, and I saw a cloud that looked like a bee. Which then reminded me of the spelling bee I was missing this week. UGH! There I go again! I really need something to do... I rolled over, and saw two, bright, green eyes, staring at me. I screamed, and Kaelyn laughed. She sat up, and looked at one of the park benches. I saw the green dude from yesterday at the pizza parlor.
"Thanks BB! I'll call you when you need to pick me up!" Kaelyn shouted. The green guy smiled, and nodded. He got up and began walking towards a sweet car.
Kaelyn watched him until the car was out of eye view. Then she turned to me. "Thank you so much!" she said.
I laughed and stood up. "How could I refuse? Your my best friend!" I said. "So what did you want to talk about?"
"A few things, actually...," she said sheepishly.
"Ok... One, two, three?" I asked. "Or three, two, one?" Kaelyn smiled. This was a game that we played all the time at school. One, two, three, was most important to the one that hardly bothered us. Three, two, one, was the oppisite. Least important, to most important. Of course, you could have more or less, it didnt really matter.
Kaelyn sighed. "Hm... How about three, two, one?" she finally said.
"Ok, shoot," I said.
"First of all, I'm sorry I didnt tell you about me having a brother," she started. "I didnt want to tell anybody, because-"
"Because he's a superheroe?" I said.
She laughed. "Actually, I didnt even know he was a superhero until my dad took me out of school and told me. But I didnt tell you because... Because he ran away from home when I was little. I was six, he was eight," I she said.
I whistled. "That was pretty young, dont you think?" I asked.
She shrugged. "My dad hated Robin, Robin hated my dad," she said. "We're half brother and sister. His dad died before he was even born. Then, well, Mom met Dad, and for some reson, he's always hated him as far as I can tell," she said.
I could tell she was thinking of something else, but I let it be. If she wanted to tell me, it would pop up sooner or later.
Kaelyn sighed. "Dad sent me here for a reason. When Robin left, he didnt want me to have any contact with him. He just vanished from my life. And then, all of a sudden, Dad pulls me out of school, tells me he knows where Robin is, and that he wants him home. Wants to apoligize he says. Whatever...," she muttered. She then looked at me. It time for my part.
I sighed, trying to think. "Well... What does your dad even want Robin for? Besides to 'apoligize'?" I asked.
Kaelyn closed her eyes, and seemed to hesitate. Finally, she sighed, and looked at me. "He wants to hurt him," she said, and I saw a tear slide down her cheek. "He wants me to bring my brother into a trap," she said, looking at the ground now.
I stared at her, my mouth open. "Kaelyn... A-are you sure? I've met your dad. He's so nice! He would never...," I trailed off. Kaelyn was shaking her head, her hand over her ears. I sighed. This is what I love about her. She's so strong on the outside, always looking out for everyone. But on the inside, she's so breakable.
"Kaelyn... Just... Hear me out ok? Your probaly just overreacting. Your mom probaly just wants you to see your brother. I bet your dad didnt want you to come, but your mom won the argument," I said, trying to calm her down.
Kaelyn shook her head, but let it go.
"Anything else?" I asked.
She nodded. "Its... Its about... a certian boy...," she said.
I gasped. "Shut up! No way! Who? When?" I asked.
She laughed a little, and I knew that within a few minutes, she would forget about the little thing with her dad. I mean, really, he's SO nice!
"Well... Its... Beastboy," she mumbled.
I gasped. "The green guy? Shut up!" I said, slightly pushing her, and laughing. "Now, tell me, when!?" I asked. "tell me every freakin' detail!" I said.
Kaelyn was laughing. "It was last night. Him and a few of the guys played a prank on me last night, and I went into his room to get revenge, and it just... Happened," she sighed. She had a dreamy look in her eye. Her head was tilted back, looking at the clouds.
My eyes widened, and I gasped. "I know that look! Your in love with him! Already?" I asked. It took her a month before she fell in love with Bradly! And here, it was only a day!
Kaelyn blushed. "I do not! I just... Really, really like him," she said.
"Ugh, whatever! Your the worst lier ever!" I said.
She smiled. "Ok, maybe a little...," she said,her face as red as a cherry. "But you cant tell anybody about us! If Robin finds out, he will kill us. Well... Not me, but BB," she said.
I smiled, and did the whole 'zipping your lips and throwing away the key' thing. We both laughed. "Ok, I promise," I said.
"Good," she said, then started dragging me away from the park.
"Uh... Were are we going?" I asked.
"Look, I didnt get any breakfast this mourning, and its lunch time! Im STARVING. C'mon... I'm buying," she said, and held up a twenty dollar bill. We laughed, and started walking to the pizza place, talking about nothing, just catching up.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hope ths explained sum!