Status: Finished

Robin's Little Sister

Confesion

~KAELYNS POV~

How could I tell Robin the real reason why I was here? I’m tired of lying. But I cant tell him about the contract, or what I’m going to do. He would only try to stop me. I shot a glance at him, waiting for my reply.
“It’s... It’s just that...,” I trailed off. How am I supposed to do this? “When you left, it was hard. Mom was always freaking out, and... and Dad started to get kind of.. Well... he was different. Him and Mom started getting into more and more fights. When I got a letter from the school, Dad sent me off without looking back. Mom was furious that he would just send me away like that, and after a few fights, Dad won,” I paused. What am I doing? I’m telling him everything! I cant do this!
“So after a few weeks at school, Mom and Dad started sending me letters. It was the usual, ‘see you when you get home, we miss you!’ thing. After about two years, Dad took me out, an brought me back home. Mom was different... she wasn’t as happy and care free as she used to be. But they weren’t fighting anymore. After being home a week or so, Dad decided that I needed to be doing... errands... for him,” I said, watching Robin take all this in. He was staring at me in shock.
“And what were these ‘errands’ he had you do?” he asked.
“Um... just going to the bank and things like that,” I told him, conveniently leaving out the part where I had to rob the bank ‘and things like that’.
But Robin wasn’t buying it. Not for a second. “Kaelyn... you’re a terrible liar,” he said.
I sighed. “Yea, I know...,” I said.
“What did he really have you do?” he asked.
Suddenly, I was furious at him. He had been gone for years, not bothering to check at least once on me, and now he wanted to know every second of the past year! “Listen Robin, its family stuff. Of course, I wouldn’t expect you to understand, you leaving and all,” I said, putting as much venom in my voice as possible.
He looked at me, shocked, and I instantly felt bad.
I sighed. “Let’s just head back,” I said.
“But-“
I cut him off. “Can you please just drop it?” I asked.
Robin hesitated. “Tell me why he burned you first,” he said.
“I told you. I did something bad, and I was punished.” I told him.
“No. I want the whole story,” he said.
“But-“
“Now, Kaelyn.”
“I... I was caught stealing from him,” I finally said, even though it was a lie. Hopefully a convincing one.
He studied my face for a moment before he finally sighed. “Alright... let’s had back.”
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!!! sorry I didnt update over the weekend! leave comments! AND SUBSCRBERS, REVEAL YOURSELF!