Status: Active.

You're So Infamous for Leaving Me a Mess

Break Your Little Heart

I walked out of the venue, not knowing where I’d be going. I just found out that Jack almost cheated on me, and as Alex said, I thought Jack was better than that. I guess not.

Sure, I was upset, but I wasn’t going to cry over a boy, or try not to. I stopped by now, but I was pretty sure Jack was something more. Plus, he said he loved me to Alex.

..But he still cheated on me.

I continued to walk and heard foot steps jogging behind me.

“Carter, hold up.” I turned around to see Jack, and couldn’t help but smile my bitchiest smile ever.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m sorry, seriously, nothing happened. I promise.”

“Don’t you have a show to be at?” I spat out.

“Carter, c’mon.” He said reaching out to my hand, but I pulled away.

“You need to go, your show starts.”

“I’m not leaving you. I almost made a huge mistake. I’m sorry, I really am. Please, can we talk about this later?”

“Maybe.”

“Yes or No.”

“Fuck Jack, I don’t know. I’m really not even in the mood to be around you right now. You can either try right now and be late to your show, while having no progress, or get the fuck out of my space and give me time.”

With that, he gave me a sad look, nodded, and walked back to the venue. I wasn’t really sure how I felt about him right now. I mean, you can’t really change all your feelings about a person so quickly, but I wasn’t sure anymore.

I found a small cafe and grabbed a coffee, then finding a seat in the corner. After about an hour it seemed like, I’d done nothing but stir the coffee around. Then the door, jingled and I felt someone sit next to me.

“Hey Carter.” The voice spoke, and I looked up to see Zack.

“Hey Zack, How’d you find me?”

“Eh, the guys thought you’d be wasting away at a bar, but I knew you’d be here. This is just your kind of place.”

“You think they’d know that..”

“Eh, they’re nuts, Carter. Always will be.” Zack chuckled.

“I agree with that.”

“I thought you might, now I am here to find you, but I figure we have plenty of time. Are you okay?”

“I’m not sure.” I spoke honestly.

“That’s understandable.”

“When did you find out.”

“Honestly, earlier that day, but I knew it was up to Jack to tell you.”

“He wasn’t going to.” I whispered.

“Jack’s a good guy, the guilt would have eaten him alive.” He laughed lightly. “But Carter, it doesn’t matter who knew. You know now too. What do you think you’re going to do?”

“I have no idea.”

“Well, don’t give up on Jack.”

“Like I did with Alex?” I asked.

“Yeah, you’re finally gettin’ it, kiddo.” He laughed, ruffling my hair.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you did just give up on him.”

“I know, I wish I hadn’t..”

“And why’s that?” Zack challenged.

“I’m not sure. Something was different with him..”

“Then why’d you let him go?”

I was about to answer Zack when Jack and Alex walked through the door.

“Shit, Carter. We were worried about you.” Alex said.

“Well, here I am.”

“Zack, why didn’t you text or call us?” Jack asked.

“Does it matter?” I still asked, a little irritated that Jack hadn’t acknowledged me yet.

“I’m sorry Carter.” Jack said, coming over, trying to hug me, but I didn’t really let him. “Can we please talk?”

I would have said no but he had the best goddamn puppy dog eyes.

“You have two minutes. Guys can you leave us alone for two minutes?”

They nodded, and Jack sat down across from me, just staring at me.

“You’ve wasted about fifteen seconds, let’s go.”

“Okay, what you heard sounded really bad. I was so fucking drunk, and you could have asked me to write a check from 5,000 dollars and I wouldn’t remember. I didn’t even realize what was happening. Nothing happened.”

“Because Alex stopped you..”

“I know, but I probably could have stopped myself. Please, Carter. I don’t want to lose you.” He was almost pleading with me, but I wasn’t sure I bought it this time.

“Gimme time, Jack.”

When the words came out of my mouth, his face dropped facing defeat.

I got up and walked over to Zack and Alex.

“So is everything good?” Alex questioned.

“Eh, not really. I need time.”

“I’m sorry, Carter.” He said, and hugged me. That’s when it hit.

I hadn’t hugged Alex since, and I forgot how right it felt to hug him. I missed him, and his hugs.

“Thanks, Alex.” I smile, and I walk past outside and began to walk aimlessly.

“Carter, hold up!” Alex called from behind, causing me to turn around.

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay, and I don’t want the bullshit. It’s a yes or a no.”

“Honestly, Alex. I would expect you to do something like that, not Jack. So no, I’m not. I mean, of course I like Jack, but I also thought being with him I’d be safe. I wouldn’t be getting hurt.”

“I can tell you right now, Jack’s the nicest guy you’ll ever be with, Carter, and I’d be lying if I said it doesn’t bother me that you two are together.”

“We’re not.”

“You know what I meant.”

“I guess so.” I sat down on a random alley corner, and when Alex sat next to me, I leaned my head up against his chest.

“I miss you, Carter.” Alex confessed.

“I’m honestly not sure what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything, but you can tell me you miss me too, that is, if you do.”

I didn’t respond, I just looked forward, and then up to Alex noticing him looking down at me. He looked from my lips to my eyes, and leaned in to kiss me. I tilted my head up into his kiss, and I felt his sweet lips on mine. Our kiss lasted a good amount of time, before he pulled back smiling.

“I miss that too.” He said, and I laughed.

“I do too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I'm barely updating anymore! :[

I've had an amazing social life lately AND AND AND I JUST SAW THE MAINE LAST NIGHT! woooop. i got pictures and autographs, but look at me and kennedy<333333333333 click me! :)

ALSO: I haven't started it yet, but it would mean a lot of you guys checked out my new John Ohh story! It's about going back in time. I'm working on it, so it'd mean a lot if you gave it a chance!!

anyway<33 comment/subscribe:]