Status: On hiatus until I get feedback and/or ideas.

Under My Armor, I Lost It All

I'll tell you when the numbness goes away

I dont know how long I sat on the floor of the hospital crying.
But it seemed like forever.
I just lost my mom.
The only parent I had left.
And did not want to go home.
Expecially not with George there.
Who knows what he'd say.
I got up off the floor half a hour later.
And looked for Aiden.
I found a note on the table that had my name on it.
I opened it and read:

Alms. Mom is still with you. In your heart. You should know that. Plus shes with dad now. :) As for why Im not there. I got a call from Skylar and Paige. And they need to get in the house. George is supposedly out again. No one is gonna tell him shes gone. We have to go to the lawyer in the morning for mom's will. Go to Zackys. Hes home now. Promise.
X2O Aiden.


I folded up the letter again and put it in my pocket.
Looking up at my mom.
I grab her cold hand and kiss it.
"I love you so much momma." I whispered.
I looked at her hand and noticed my parents wedding ring still on her left ring finger. I carefully take it off and place it on my middle finger.
Kissing my moms cheek and saying goodbye once more.
I leave the room with tear stained cheeks and walk down the hall to the elevators.
Pushing the ground floor button I stand there thinking of the good times I had with my parents, and then my mind wanders to George. What are we gonna do about him?
The elevator door opens and I walk out.
Steven is standing there with a box of chocolate and a very big teddy bear.
He hugs me and says his apologies.
And I leave.
I walk from the hospital to Zacky's.
Which is only about six or seven blocks away.
When I get his house, I ring the doorbell.
Brian answers the door and hugs me.

"Hi Bri." I whisper.
My enthusiasm sucked out of me.
"Whats wrong?" he asks.
"Come to the living room and I'll tell you all." I say.
We walk into the living room and I spot Zacky right away.
Dropping my chocolate and bear I run to Zacky.
I jump into his arms and start balling.
He rubs my back soothingly.
"Shh." he whispers.
"I dont know what to do Zacky. My momma is dead!" I cry.
I hear everyone gasp and I feel Zacky's tears fall on my face.
"Im sorry to ruin your night guys." I mumble.
"Its fine dear. How are you holding up?" Matt asks.
"I'll tell you when the numbness goes away." I say.
They just nod their heads and after 10 minutes, I slowly drift off into sleep in Zacky's arms.

~Zackys P.O.V.~

I look down at Almondy curled up in my lap, her body slowly moving up and down as she sleeps.
I know this is really hard for her right now. It's hard for me too. Alyse was like my mom ever since I became friends with Almondy when we were 5.
I met Almondy back when she moved across the street from us in Hunnington Beach. It was her, her sisters, her brother, and her mother and father. Her dad was actually really nice and he'd invite my family over for dinner every Friday night. Almondy and I were instantly best friends the night I went over to her house for dinner. When we were in 6th grade, her dad died and her family packed up and moved to San Fransico. A couple months later, my parents devorced and my dad moved to San Fransico while my mom stayed in Hunnigton. So during the fall/winter seasons I was with my dad. During the spring/summer seasons, I was with my mom. I met Brian and Matt my freshman year of high school. I also met Jimmy.
Jimmy wasn't up at my house right now because he had some family things to do, but Matt and Brian didn't really have anything to do so they came up with me.

"I feel really bad about what happened with Alm's mom today. I really hope she can get through this." Matt whispered to us with a sad frown.
Brian nodded his head and looked over at Almondy.
Her blonde hair was sticking to her face and her mascara was running down from all the tears she has shed.
I lightly move her bangs out of her face and kiss her forehead.

"I'm going to take her upstairs to lay her down. I'll see you two in the morning." I told the guys before I got up and carried Almondy upstairs to put her in bed.
Brian and Matt nodded and went to the spare bedrooms that they've been using the past couple days.

After I layed her down and covered her small body with the comforter, I went downstairs and broke down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this chapter :)