Status: updates at least every friday!

Keep Your Heart Wide Open.

don't let love just slip away.

Gianna continued to stare in awe at the stage as she watched the blonde boy sing into the microphone, eyes closed. She could tell how into the music he was. It was inspiring. She couldn't take her eyes off of Joel as he moved around the stage, bending down to give the lucky few in the front row some high fives. She shook her head and moved back behind the table, ripping her phone from her bag. She scanned her contacts and pressed 'call' as she saw the one she was looking for.

The phone rang twice until it was picked up. "Yes?" She laughed. "O'Callaghan. We need to talk." She heard a soft chuckle on the line and smiled. "What's up?" She laughed quickly and continued on. "That CD you gave me. You didn't say that it was This Century." John once again laughed into the receiver and Gianna could practically hear him smirking. "So you listened to it, huh?" Gianna rolled her eyes. "Of course I listened to it. I love it. They're...incredible." Once again, John laughter filled her ears. "I knew you would like it." She sighed. "Why didn't you tell me it was them?" "I wanted you to be surprised." Gianna chuckled. "Mission accomplished." They said their goodbyes as Gianna allowed to John to keep warming up for his own performance.

She hung up the phone and sat back down in the chair, helping a few people who wanted t-shirts. She smiled as she looked back up at the stage as This Century continued to play, filling the venue with beautiful music. Gianna found herself once again flipping through the same magazine, tapping her fingers along to the rhythm of the music. After a few more songs she heard the band quiet and some club music come on, while the time between sets began.

A rush of people came to her booth wanting This Century merchandise, and for about ten minutes straight she handed out t-shirts, bracelets, and CDs. When the crowd finally calmed down and she was able to sit, she closed her eyes. She then felt the table rock as someone put their hands on it. She opened her eyes and smirked at the boy standing in front of her. He smiled right back. "So. What did you think?" Gianna put her hand on her chin, pretending to think it over. "Well...it wasn't that bad." Joel's crooked smile dropped to a slight frown and she laughed as she hit him lightly on the chest. "Oh relax. I'm just kidding. You guys were great. Really." She twirled a piece of hair around her finger, something she only did when she was nervous. Joel smiled, brushing his own hair out of his eyes. He turned around and saw a few girls standing huddled in a group staring at him. He turned to Gianna and bit his lip, walking towards the girls. "I'll be right back."

Gianna watched as Joel joined the group, chatting with them and posing for multiple pictures. She watched as their faces lit up as they stared at him. Gianna turned back to the table to be faced with a girl who looked as if she could be no more than twelve years of age. She quietly spoke to her. "Can I have the white t-shirt in a small, please?" Gianna nodded and smiled, she had been one of the few to say 'please' that night. She looked at the small girl. She knew that other girls may have been angry because of such a young girl at the concert, but Gianna felt differently. If she liked the music, then she deserved to be there just as much as they did.

She watched as the girl was about to turn away and spoke out to her. "So you like This Century, huh?" The young girl turned around and walked back up to Gianna. "They're my favorite band. Meeting Joel would be like a dream come true." Gianna smiled at how genuine the girl was. It was refreshing. She looked down at her new friend and smiled. "Well, I might just be able to help you out with that." And with that, Gianna stood up and walked over to Joel, who was still standing with the same group of girls. She leaned over and whispered in his ear. "Your biggest fan is at the merch table, and would love to meet you." Joel turned his head to the table, smiling as he saw the small girl, waving to her. He turned to the group of girls in front of him and backed away. "Excuse me," he said, Gianna trailing behind him.

Gianna smiled as she watched Joel with the girl, signing her poster and taking a picture. He talked to her for about five minutes before the girl had to go. Once again Joel made his way to to the table, sitting on the end. Gianna rested her chin in her hand as she heard The Maine begin to play. "That was really nice of you, you know." Joel tilted his head. "What? That? That was all you. I wouldn't have even known she was there if you hadn't gotten me." Gianna smiled. "Yeah, but you just made her night. Trust me, she will treasure that poster and picture for the rest of her life." Joel looked down at his hands. "It's the fans like those that make this worth it. Not the fake ones. The real ones."

Throughout the entirety of The Maine's set, Joel sat at the booth with Gianna, signing autographs and talking to fans. Even without exchanging words, Gianna liked the company that Joel provided. She was comfortable around him and it hadn't even been twenty four hours. Before they knew it, The Maine was finished; the concert over. They were bombarded with the last stampede of fans wanting to buy merch and when the coast was clear, they finally began to pack up. Once all of the boxes were filled, money tucked away, and equipment loaded on the bus, the bands went back outside to meet up.

Gianna stood in the circle next to Joel and John, the other boys around. John looked down at his the time on his phone and smiled. "It's only midnight. Well children, the night is young. What's next?" There were a few suggestions but the winner was going to the nearest club to celebrate a successful first show. John lightly elbowed Gianna in the side and looked down at her. "So what do you say, Gi? Up for a party?" Gianna looked around John, eyes locking with Joel's brilliant green ones, and smiled. "Yeah. Why not?" She smiled at John, but not before looking back at Joel to find him staring at the ground with a smirk on his face. Sooner or later, Gianna was going to figure this boy out.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! (: AWESOME feedback for last chapter!


also, I'm super stoked because I won tickets to see This Century tomorrow night! (tonight?)
So excited to see them live again. Any word on how the Young and Useless tour has been?

Love you guys<3 Hope you enjoy!