Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

Kinzington Peace Rubin is what most who don’t know her would call a spoiled rich girl. Her father is the famed musically brilliant Rick Rubin. She was born and spent the first ten years of her life living in New York City. While her mother, Sofia Clifton, and her father never married she had a good relationship with both. When she was ten her mother met Preston Mears, the agent for all of the biggest stars in LA. Six months later they were married and Kinz moved to LA.

She now spends the school year with her mother and step dad in California. She goes to a private school filled with the children of the rich and famous. She was perfectly happy with her life until tragedy struck. Her little brother Neil drowned in the family’s pool a year ago today. Kinz watched helplessly as her mother drank to forget the pain, and eventually everything else. Her step father no longer even comes home, having his own apartment and girlfriend in the city.

Struggling with her crumbling life she turns towards the wrong crowd. Gone is the perfect young lady her mother demands she be. At the end of her sophomore year she is informed that her mother is no longer dealing with her and her attitude problems. Her final two years of school will be spent in an all girl boarding school.

Kinz begs her father to do something when she goes to visit him that summer. Her father, while he loves her, isn’t very good at being a dad. His music is always first, something Kinz accepted a long time ago. What the two of them come up with is that she will spend her last two years with her Godfather and uncle, William, who lives in Huntington Beach California.

William Rubin is a prominent business owner of several skate/surf shops. He is a beach bum at heart and has made a living doing what he loves. It’s working at his shop on Main Street that Kinz makes her first friend, a crazy coworker by the name of James Sullivan. She could never guess how making friends with ONE person could change the entire course of her life. But after meeting him and his friends she soon realizes just that has happened. Now she needs to figure out if she’s strong enough to embrace the new Kinz and take what she wants out of life before ‘green eyes’ is gone forever