Sequel: Second Heartbeat
Status: Active

Changing Your Stars

The Never Ending Day

As soon as the bell rang Cam was right there. “HOLY SHIT! HE KISSED YOU!”

I smiled so wide it hurt my face. “I KNOW!” I hate to admit this but I felt like a giddy school girl. Wait maybe cause I guess I am.

“Dani is going to freak.” She said laughing as we walked down the stairs and out of the room.

Standing right outside the door waiting for us was not only Dani but Jimmy and Brian as well. “Hey guys what’s up?”

Jimmy pushed off the wall. “Where’s Zacky?”

I turned ten different shades of red. “Uhhh the principal’s office?”

Brian laughed. “What did he do now?”

Cam blurted it out before I could respond. “He kissed Kinz! In the middle of fucking study hall!”

Dani squealed and rushed over to Cam and I. “Oh My God! He kissed you?!”

I nodded grinning from ear to ear.

“Was it good?” Dani asked completely oblivious to the fact the boys were still standing there.

“From what I saw it was.” Cam interjected with a smirk.

“We’re gonna be late if you dames don’t get moving.” Bri said from beside Jimmy. I flinched at the look I saw on his face. There was no missing the hurt clouding his deep brown eyes. How had I not realized he liked me?

Jimmy walked over and once again rested his arm on Dani’s shoulder. “Beauty before age.
We’ll catch you guys later.”

Cam rolled her eyes. “Of course Dans would get escorted to class.”

Brian grinned at her, extending his hand. “I can fix that.”

Cam took his hand and they walked away together. Normally I would be feeling alone and sad but I just couldn’t stop smiling. I took the long way to my class so I could pass by the office. I smiled as I saw an extremely bored looking Zacky playing the hell out of an air guitar. He ran his hand through his hair moving his black hair out of his eyes.

The grin he gave me when he saw me passing by made my heart do triple time, thumping so hard in my chest I was afraid it just might break my rib cage. Our little moment was ruined when the principal opened his door and called him in. I had to run to make it to my next period without being late. For once I didn’t mind the whole introduction thing. I was still on cloud nine and NOTHING was going to ruin that.

Of course you know what that means; the universe does everything in its power to do just that. It was bad enough that I was currently sitting in biology, my least favorite class. Like I WANT to dissect poor defenseless animals that freakin reek from the chemicals they’re stored in to preserve them. Add to it that we sit at these high dumb tables with old wooden chairs that there’s NO WAY to sit comfortably in and you see where I’m starting to go with this. Now all things considered that wouldn’t be enough to put even a slight dent in my mood but the jock who was sitting beside me could.

“Name’s Mark, looks like we’re going to be partners for the year.”

Mark had shaggy brown hair, dark brown eyes, perfect white teeth and a body of a guy who spends hours in the gym. Everything about him screamed cocky asshole to me. From the way he grinned at me like he ‘knew’ I thought he was hot and should be grateful he even noticed me, to the I’m the shit tone to his voice, to his expensive clothes, all the way down to how nothing was out of place, not a hair, nothing. I couldn’t stand him or the way he was looking at me.

I didn’t even bother to fake a smile as I glanced over at him. “Sure does.”

Did my response or lack thereof stop Mark? Of course not. “So you’re new?”

I rolled my eyes as I looked over my biology book. I wanted to say nope I just like being introduced to the whole class, but I didn’t. “Yeah.”

Mark scooted closer to me until he was in way too much of my personal space for me to be comfortable. “You know if you need help finding your classes I could show you around.”

I gritted my teeth at the arrogant tone of his voice. He was just like every other guy I had ever known, thinking they were God’s gift to…well…the world. “I have a couple of friends that are helping, but like thanks.”

I don’t think this boy was use to being rejected. “Then what about the city? There are a lot of really cool places only locals know about, I could show them to you.”

I turned my head towards him slightly; he was still WAY too close. “Uh thanks but between work and school I don’t have a lot of free time.”

“That’s cool. Where do you work at?”

OH COME ON! Can’t he tell when a girl just wants to be left alone?! “Board Dreams.”

“Sweet, you surf? I love surfing.”

I wanted to hang myself a little more with every passing second. I thought guys didn’t like to talk? Why the HELL was this one yakking my ear off? I started to doodle on my paper hoping he would get the hint that I wasn’t interested in anything he had to say. “Nah.”

“Ever try?”

“Nope.”

The cocky grin on his face made me want to hurl. “I could give you lessons.”

I just looked at him. “Don’t really have the coordination for it.”

“I’m at the beach every Saturday if you change your mind.” Oh God did he really just wink at me? I’m going to be sick.

I’ve never been so happy for the bell to ring before in my entire life, it was straight music to my ears. I all but ran out of class just to get the hell away from Mark. Standing outside seemingly waiting for me was Zacky. I was never so happy to see that boy. I raised a brow at him, a small smirk on my lips. “Waiting for me?”

Zacky grinned down at me. “Only for my entire fucking life.”

Rolling my eyes I pushed him playfully. “You’re so full of shit.”

He clutched his heart dramatically. “You wound me.”

I laughed, completely forgetting about my horrible biology class. “I somehow doubt that.”

“So I’ll see you Saturday?” Mark asked as he walked out of the class room.

Both Zacky and I turned to look at him. “Uhhh doubt it, sorry.”

He gave me his most charming smile. “You should really try and come. It’ll be fun.”

I just stood there with my thumbs hooked under the straps of my backpack not believing this. I mean he just didn’t give up! “I’ve already got plans, sorry.”

“No biggie we’ll just hook up next Saturday.” Mark finished the statement with a wink, no doubt for Zacky’s benefit, before turning, walking away before I could correct him.

“What the fuck was that about?” Zacky asked as we walked down the hall. It turned out his last class and his next one was a room or two down from mine so we could walk together.

He sounded so pissed I had to look at him. Yep, Zacky was pissed. His hands were clenched into fists around the straps of his back pack and his mouth was set in a firm line. Even pissed off he was still hot, maybe he was hotter because of it. I don’t know. I was cautious when I answered. “You mean with dickhead?”

That made Zacky grin slightly. “Yeah, he ask you out or some shit like that?”

“He tried to convince me to let him give me surfing lessons.” I rolled my eyes. I mean the very thought was ridiculous.

Zacky laughed, hard. “Can I watch?”

I backhanded his stomach. “No. I’m not going anywhere with that ass.”

He rubbed his stomach still chuckling slightly. “What? Not only would I get the entertainment from watching you try, but I get the added pleasure of seeing you in a bikini.”

I shook my head laughing as we stopped outside my class. “You’re as bad as Bri.”

Zacky’s green eyes darkened ever so slightly as he gazed down at me. Lifting his hand to my face he ran his thumb over my bottom lip. “I’m worse, but you’ll learn that soon enough.”

My heart took off as the air around us changed into something charged. Leaning down he kissed me again. Although it wasn’t nearly as long as the last one it still left my head spinning.

I was beginning to love Zacky’s smirk I thought as I looked up at him. “We’re all hanging out at Matt’s tonight, you coming?”

“I don’t know. Is it going to be worth my time?” I asked pretending to be extremely bored at the very thought.

An evil grin lit up his entire face as his hand trailed down my arms, grabbing a hold of my waist and pulling me towards his body. He leaned down placing a kiss on my neck before lifting his head just enough to whisper in my ear. “Baby I’ll make it worth your time.” My entire body broke out in goose bumps from the deep roughness of his tone.

“I…” I cleared my throat trying to find my voice again. “I…” I had to clear my throat again which caused Zacky to chuckle. “I don’t want you to get any ideas mister.”

“Me?! NEVER!” He said trying to look innocent. Kinda hard for a guys with tattoos, piercings, and a splash of purple hair. He did however, look rather adorable to me if I’m being honest.

I rolled my eyes grinning at him. “Uh huh. Should I be expecting Wilbur to fly me out to NYC next time I go to visit too?”

Zacky laughed. “Make sure you ask to see his pilot’s license first.”

I shook my head at him. “You better get going so you’re not late to class.” I said pushing away from him even though I really didn’t want too.

He snorted. “Like I fucking care.”

I gave him my best disapproving motherly look. “You should.”

He shrugged and it was a slightly cocky gesture. “Not when I’m going to be a famous rock star.”

I laughed until I realized he was serious. I wanted to tell him to be real, that things like that rarely happened. I mean yeah it had for my dad and his friends but they were the exception not the norm. Still I couldn’t bring myself to voice my misgivings. Instead I smiled up at him. “Guess I should get your autograph now while I can huh?”

His bad boy grin was back and I knew he was thinking something naughty. “You can have a lot more of me then that. All you have to do is say the word.”

I laughed even as I could feel the blush creeping up my neck. “I’m going into class you perve.”

He chuckled. “You know you like it.”

“Whatever. I’ll see you tonight.” I pushed him towards his classroom before ducking into mine quick before he could say anything else. I couldn’t stop smiling for the rest of the day.
My last two classes were my favorite. How awesome was it that this cool offered dance classes?! Dance had been my first love since my mother had enrolled me in my first class at the age of two.

Sadly I had all but given it up about four years ago. My mother had told me it was time to focus on ‘real’ things. That my dream of being a famous dancer or Broadway star was just that, a silly childhood dream I had outgrown. She had forced me to become a straight A student, co captain of the cheerleading squad, she even went so far as to sign me up for anything she thought would look good on a college application.

Until this past year I hadn’t realized how much giving up dance, the one thing I loved to do, had cost me. I hadn’t realized how much I hated my life and who I had become. I also hadn’t seen a way out of the mess I was in. Then one day as I sat there staring at the mess of pills my mother had left out it had all become to clear.

I shook my head as if that would clear the dark thoughts away. I wanted to stay in Zacky’s light. I wanted to hold on to the feeling of warmth and happiness that filled me when he was around. He was quickly becoming the breath of air I had been slowly suffocating without.
No. I would never try to talk Zacky out of doing what he loved. I would never tell him his dream of being a rock star was unattainable. I would support him in any way I could, period. Dreams did come true if you fought for them hard enough and I couldn’t imagine Zacky not doing exactly that.