Sequel: Lumos: Year Two
Status: Active, whether you like it or not.

Lumos: Year One

Tonks

"Wow. The end of the year feast." Dean said as him, Seamus, and Lanee headed back to the common room after taking a stroll around the school.

"I know. It feels like I just met you guys yesterday." Lanee added. They picked up the pace once they realized what time it was. They were supposed to be all packed yesterday, but they spent that day walking around the castle and pond, taking in what they'd miss over the summer. Even the majorty of today they spent the day doing the same exact day, none of them had even started packing.

Lanee entered her room, not expecting to see anyone. Instead, she saw none other than Hermione Granger sitting on her bed.

"Oh, hi. I noticed you still haven't packed. I told you yesterday you were supposed to." Typical that she would say that. Usually, it would bother Lanee, but nothing could spoil her mood after spending her entire weeked with her two best friends.

"Well, I thought you'd know me by now. I never do what I'm supposed to." She eyed the cuts and scrapes on Hermione's body. Everyone had heard what happened with Proffesser Quirrell and the Stone. Even though Granger was friends with Harry and Ron, no one would still never guess that she'd be breaking rules. Lanee had to respect a fellow rule breaker.

She opened her trunk and began to refold her clothes to make room for everything else.

"Would you like some help?" Hermione randomly asked.

"Uh, sure." Lanee repsonded a little surprised. The bushy-haired girl hoped over and began to help refold the clothes as Lanee gathered her things from her nightstand and under her bed.

"I have to admit, I was pretty terrfied to be sleeping in the same room as you after you punched that Villar girl." Granger admitted after a few minutes. "But after getting to know you, you aren't that bad." It was a random thing to say, but it made Lanee smile.

She finally squeezed her trunk shut, and ran back to the common room to meet Seamus and Dean who were waiting for her. The corriders were packed with stundents heading to the feast. The three slowed their pace and broke away from the herd, not wanting to go to the feast once they realized they'd have to go home the next morning. They decided to stroll around the castle and run into the Great Hall at last minute.

They took their seats just as Dumbledore was attempting to quiet everyone. Banners hung overhead with Slytherin green and a rather angry looking snake. Unfourtanley, the Slytherins held the most points. It was kind of a bummer for their first year to have their own house lose the House Cup. She spotted Helena Villar, looking rather smug and happy sitting next to Draco and Pansy. Lanee turned to Dumbledore, not wanting to stare at that girl any longer.

He annouced the obvouis, the Slytherin were in the lead. The table cheered as the others looked upset. If any other house would have won, Lanee would have been okay with it. But face it, no other house liked the Slytherins except from themselves. Not only were a lot of them arrogant, but it didn't help that the green house wasn't very nice to anyone in other house like the other houses were.

But Dumbledore suddenly began speaking again. "I have some last-minute points to award." Points to Potter for special services to the school. Gryffindor passed the badger for points. Points to Ron Weasly for playing wizards chess like a boss. Lions passed Raveclaw. Then, the most unexpected. Points to Longbottom, for courage (which Lanee had to admit was kind of silly to award points for. Gryffindor is the house of bravery and courage, points for being themselves? But hey, points were points!). With those final ten points, the Lion dominated the snake.

The Gryffindors burst into applause as the green shifted to red just like Lanee's hair did, Seamus pointed this out. She laughed as she pulled her best friend into a hug, overcome with happiness. The feast began, the food being ever better than the first feast she had at Hogwarts. Even though the food was great, she couldn't push herself to eat a lot, she was suddenly depressed when she realized she was going home tommorrow.

"C'mon 'Nee, don't be upset. No more being a stupid first year! Let's celerbrate! Don't be upset, be happy!" Dean yelled happily giving her the best hug he could while sitting down. She smiled, helping herself to some gelitan.

"Well, this was a pretty intresting year." Harry laughed.

"Who would have guessed it was Quirrell all along?" Ron added.

"So he died?" Seamus randomly asked.

"I guess, he turned into dust. Does that count?" Harry said with a smile, it was true but it sounded quite silly. One trio laughed with another, enjoying what time they had left with each other.

The train ride was too short. Lanee would miss Seamus and his knack for setting things on fire and screwing up in potions. She'd miss Dean's talent for drawing and his messy handwriting that she always made fun of (How could an artists writing not be legiable?). She'd miss sneaking into the Forbidden Forrest, Dean never going with her and Seamus running out two minutes in. The pond, the long, mysteroius corrdiers, the common room, just a few places that were so similar and she wouldn't see for the entire summer. She'd miss having her friends right be her the most.

Nothing can really describe your first year at Hogwarts. The year you finally get your wand and the expereince of really becoming a witch or wizard. Nothing can match the feeling of casting your first spell or brewing your first potion. The friends you make are the friends you'll keep forever. The magic you learn is something you really will use, unlike the things they teach in Muggle school. Lanee couldn't help but tear up a bit when she left the train, watching it as it pulled away. But then remembered she'd be back on it in a just a few months, on her way back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well book one is over! Sorry it might have been uneventful, but you gotta start somewhere. We promise it'll get more interesting as the years go on, thanks for reading(: