Status: completed

The Wood

Part one

On an ordinary day I am in front of the window. I look out. I look at the wind that lifts the leaves and carries them away, I hear his voice which comes forcefully into my brain and makes me shudder. Then like a flash, a dream. Pure adrenaline flows through my veins for a moment. I jump up and I feel the woods calling me. Now I know. "Dalu" I whisper. I rushed out. Before going out I wear the scarf that she herself, in some strange way, I know she gave me. "I'm coming," I open the door and I’m on the bike. I pedal fast. I feel all the urgency to get to Mekrik. I arrive at the crossroads. Mekrik right, left Shijui. But in front me there is the forest. You cut a lot. through the woods I remain still a few seconds, staring at the hair swaying ominously. The fog is rising. At shaking me thinks a bird, who suddenly gets up in the air screaming. I snap forward and I rush into the woods.
Fear makes me ride faster. But the trees are too dense and the terrain too rough for me to continue with the bike. I get off and carry it by hand. Silence. The silence overwhelms me. As I walk on dry leaves, I try not to think, not to hear, but the fear of something multiplies my hearing. The slightest swish makes me jump and hair stand on head and my heart threatens to burst. I'm walking when I feel someone looking at me. I feel his hate, his lust for blood, the desire to kill and massacre and tear. I feel that it is impatient. Something moved, and that rustle melts my legs. I abandon the bike and start racing. I go at random, fast, made mad with fear. I feel that he follows me. But I run and run and run. I have to run, flee, escape. It is for my life. He's reaching me. I feel my legs give up and take me cramps in the calves but I do not stop, I keep to run. I do not see a root I fall on the ground. Immediately I get up. Breathless I get up and resume my escape, but cannot do it. Just a tiny pebble makes me fall. I scroll down a small embankment. I slam against some plants. I arrive at the end, with my mouth full of earth, hair full of leaves and scratched face. This time I cannot get up. My heart begins to beat wildly, my breathing is laboured. Something grabs my wrists, and with an irresistible violence pastes them to the ground. I realize that I howl. Some roots bind me to the ground. I hear the leaves rumbling. I raise my head. Finally. At last I have seen it.
It advances slowly, majestically, wrapped in a long black cloak. It looks like a vacuum that is approaching swallowing everything that surrounds it. The flowers fade, the birds stop singing, the air is filled with the its scent. Is coming and while walking slowly toward me, he extracts something. A dagger, black with two serpents carved on the handle. He rises it and shows me its perfect point, greedy and eager to taste my meat. I'm left breathless and horror takes possession of me. It is not for the dagger, it is not because it would kill me, not because I would die, I am out of breath because I see his hand, putrid, rotten, full of blood and soil. White in spots where you can see the bone. Raises his hand, now on top of me and again I remain shocked. Oh God! It can not be true! God ... Who is this man? ... Demon? ... Vampire? What is it? I recognize that face in the horror. I do not understand, but I know I know. In my head billion of voices resonate and scream something. The hand gets up and delivers a blow. The dagger is cold and fast through my stomach. Every inch of cut skin is a new throe. On my belly runs a hot liquid. My blood. The pain is strong, very strong. Every inch of my body gained from the dagger is a second less of my life. Life. I feel it drain away as the blood as the knife still has not tired of me. Then I feel it while it gets stuck into my spine. Pain. Pure pain. But then finally, in the delirium I do not feel much, not anymore.