I Don't Want A Bloody Dad!

He's Not My Dad, He's A Complete Stranger

[[Frank’s pov]]
“I’m sorry Frank. Scarlet has made it clear she doesn’t want to see you and…”
“What do you mean she doesn’t want to see me? I’m her father for crying out loud!”
Are they telling me, that my own daughter doesn’t want to see me? How dare they!
“I’m sorry, but it’s Scarlet’s own choice. She’s old enough to make her own mind up. We can’t force her.”
Who the hell is this dude?
“I don’t care! She’s my daughter and I want to take her home. I’m not leaving until I see her!”
He, I think his name was Malcolm or something, has started fidgeting with his watch. I can’t believe this. He’s telling me I can’t see my baby and he’s adjusting his watch?
“Let me see her!”
That girl Kate left and went through a door. I’ll bet you anything that Scarlet is in there, that’s why she keeps coming in and out.
I wonder what Scarlet is like. I haven’t seen her since she was two, and she must look different by now. I don’t really care what she’s like, as long as I can see her. She’s my baby girl.
Okay, everything has gone quiet. I looked up and there she is. My little angel. She was looking at her feet so I couldn’t see her face. But she had long black and purple hair, and she was wearing jeans and a My Chem t-shirt.
Oh, so she’s a fan then.
I smiled.
Next thing I know, she was on the ground with her eyes closed.

[[Scarlet’s pov]]
Ouch my head hurts.
“Goddamn it!”
“Scarlet, watch your language.”
“I can hardly watch it, it’s not visible.”
“Don’t you get smart with me missy.”
Shut up Malcolm. Owwwwiie my head hurts. I tried opening my eyes but the light was too bright.
“Aw fuck I’m blind again people.”
“Hypochondriac.”
“Shut up Charlie.”
And the burning got less, so I opened my eyes. I noticed I was lying on my bed, in my bedroom. Obviously.
But just for the fun of it, “Where am i?”
“You’re in your bedroom.” Malcolm answered me. “You didn’t make a very good impression, fainting like that.”
What the fuck was he talking about?
“Malcolm, speak English for us lesser mortals.”
“You’re father. You didn’t make a very good impression fainting in front of him.”
“And I care…?”
So I didn’t imagine that part then. So my father actually is…Him.
“Fuck.”
Malcolm glanced over to me, “What was that dear?”
“Nothing sorry.”
I looked over to Charlie on the end of my bed. I could tell he looked a bit confused about all this. But his eyes had that “don’t worry about it” look they sometimes have.
And Id trust Charlie with my life, so I’m not going to worry about it.

“So then. Where is he?” May as well ask, to be polite and all that.
“Your father?”
No dimwit. Santa Claus.
“Yes my father.”
“He’s downstairs, waiting for you to wake up.” After this Malcolm walks out of my room to go see, I suppose, him.
“I can’t believe this shit.” I lay my head down on my pillow. Nice and cool, just the way I like it.
“Are you going to see him then?”
I looked up and Charlie was staring intently at me from the end of my bed. I sighed.
“I already did. I fainted. I might die the next time. You never know.”
“Oh wise up Scarlet, he’s your father.”
“No he’s not. He’s a complete stranger.”
“He’s bloody Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance!”
“Yeah. So?”
Hearing Charlie say that kind of made it a bit more real for me. My biological father is Frank Iero. From My Chemical Romance. One of my idols.
I groaned and laid my head back down on the pillow.
I could hear Charlie sigh beside me. I just ignored him. What does he know like?
“Just come down and see him. I’ll be with you if you want.” I could hear the hopefulness in his voice.
“You’re just looking to meet a rock star.”
“HELL YEAH!”
I laughed to myself. Trust Charlie to think of something like that.
“Okay, come on then. I’m not promising anything though.”

[[Frank’s pov]]
“Okay Mr. Iero. I’ve been talking to Scarlet since she woke up, and she has expressed no interest in meeting you whatsoever.”
Is it just me, or is this guy full of himself for some reason.
“Can’t I just talk to her?”
“No I’m sorry sir. She’s expressed her wishes and we have to enforce them. She wants nothing to do with you.”
Damn it! I’m not letting her get away from me this easily once more.
There was a knock at the door, and that teenager that was with Scarlet earlier appeared.
“Amm Malcolm, I need to talk to you.”
“Can’t it wait Charlie? I’m kind of busy.”
I looked up at him and he was staring at me. He must be a fan too. I gave him a smile and he looked like he could have died on the spot.
“Charlie? What is it? What do you want? Malcolm was sounding a bit exasperated.
“Just come outside.”
Malcolm followed Charlie outside. I didn’t look like they were coming back anytime soon so I decided to take a nosy around. There was photos on the walls of a crowd of kids, and a few individuals. I stared at the group photo, and there she was. Scarlet. In full black, eyeliner a plenty. I chuckled to myself, because apart from her and Charlie, the rest of the kids were all in colours. I glanced at the single shots too for one of her. There was no singles, but one of her and Charlie. She’s smiling. She looks so cute like that. I wonder if I’ll ever see her like that myself.
I could feel some tears pricking the back of my eyes, so I stopped looking at her photo and sat down.
The door swung open and someone walked in. I guessed it was Malcolm back again so I groaned.
“Back again are you? That’s good.” I hope he knows I’m being sarcastic about that.
But there was no answer, and I could tell the person was just staring at me. I swung around and gasped a little bit.
Scarlet was standing just behind me, on her own, and the door had been closed. It was just me and her alone in Malcolm’s office, to talk.
Aw crap what am I going to say to her?
“Uhh hey.”
Uhh Hey? Was that the best I could come up with? My god like.
“Hey.”
At least she responded a bit. I motioned for her to sit down in the chair beside me but she just ignored me. Not a good sign. I gulped and sat back in my chair again.
“So Scarlet, how are you? How’s school?” I’d talk about anything at this point, just to watch her.
“Cut the crap. Why are you here?”
Uhoh that’s not good.
“Umm, Malcolm got in contact with me. He said your mom had died and that you were here and I drove down a quick as I could.”
“Yeah, but why are you here?”
She’s confusing me. I just told her why I was here.
“ I mean, why are you here now? You haven’t been here for the past 13 years.”
Oh. Now I know what she means. Crap what am I going to say?
“Scarlet, what did your mother tell you happened between us?”
I could see her thinking. She had the weirdest expression on her face. I laughed a bit into myself.
“She told me that you had left us when I was 2. That we moved out of the house after you did and that she never heard from you since.”
Did her mother really tell her that?
“Sweetheart, that is complete lies. You’ve got to understand. When you were 2, me and your mom was having a rough patch. One night after a serious fight, she packed up you and her stuff and left in the middle of the night. I called her so many times asking her to come back, to let me see you again but she never answered. I followed her for about another year, but then I lost track of you both and I didn’t have any way of getting in contact. I’m so sorry sweetheart I didn’t even know if you were still alive never mind where you were.”
“That is bullshit” You walked out on us!”
“No I did not! Don’t you blame that on me! I tried to find you!”
“No you didn’t! Mom wouldn’t lie about that!”
“Well obviously she did because you believe lies. That’s not what happened. She took you away from me.”
I couldn’t see her eyes, because they were under her fringe and her head was bowed. But I could hear her. Sniffling. She was crying.
I stood up and began over to her to put my arm around her but she stopped me.
“Don’t you dare! I don’t ever want to see you ever again!”
She began over to the office door.
“Scarlet sweetie wait, please.” I was practically begging at this point.
“No! Fuck off I hate you.”
She hates me. My daughter hates me. This can’t be.
She opened the door and ran out into the hallway. I collapsed onto the ground and curled up into a ball on the ground. Malcolm came rushing in to see what had happened, but I didn’t hear anything he said to me.
“She hates me. She hates me. She hates …”
I had to stop saying it because my tears were choking me and I found it hard to breathe.
My daughter hates me.
What had I done to deserve this?
I just lay there, crying on the carpet, rocking back and forth.
My baby never wants to see my again.
She hates me.

[[Scarlet’s pov]]
“No! Fuck off I hate you.”
I opened up the door and just left Him standing.
“Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!”
Shit what have I done? I thought I was going to go back into the office again, but I stopped myself.
He’s been gone for 13 years, and then He says some shit about mom taking me away?
“Utter crap.”
Fuck him. He can go to hell.
I passed Malcolm in the hallway; he was running into his office. He ran straight past me.
“Am I invisible or something around here?”
But I continued up to my room, passing Charlie and Kate. They both look confused.
“Don’t worry guys; I didn’t kill him or anything.”
“But Scarlet, that’s your...” Charlie started.
“Yes. I know.”
“But then, why did you…”
“You don’t understand,” I sighed, “no one does.”
“Scarlet, please.”
“No. Just…just fuck off.”
I dashed up past Charlie on the stairs and down to my room. I collapsed on the bed, grabbed a pillow and screamed into it.
What the fuck am I going to do? He left us on our own and then blames mom.
But He is still my father, and I’d been longing to meet him my whole life.
And now I’d just ruined any relationship we could ever have had.
Just fucked it all up, in a matter of less than 10 minutes.
“Typical.”

I lay quietly listening to my breathing until I heard a car pull out of the driveway. I got up and looked out my window. It was a black Mercedes. And I could see His head through the window pane.
I lay back down on my bed, and curled up.
And for the first time, I cried over my dad.
I knew I was never going to see Him again.
And that scared me.
More than I thought I would.