Danger zone

Two

The pain always got worse with me. It never seemed to ease up. I know I pushed people away with my drinking. Things where never easy for me. I never wanted this for myself. I never wanted to loose them
My name is Brenna.I'm 28 years old. I am originally from Iowa. I moved from Des Monies to Los Angles California to presume a tattooing career. I left my home when I was 19, knowing I would not get my career there In Iowa. I began working at the hard rock cafe, waiting tables. I hated it. While doing so, I showed my work to artist around town. None of them seemed interested in what they saw. Maybe it was because I was a girl or because I was 19. I will never know.

-Memory-
I walked myself into one of the tattoo shops in the area. I stopped in one. "Hello how may I help you" The man said. By his accident I could tell he was from Brooklyn. The man on the other side of the counter was bald and heavily tattooed. He seemed to be in his forties. "My names Brenna and I saw your help wanted sign and would like to apply for a job". I handed him my work. I watched as he scanned through it carefully, paying attention to all details and mistakes I had. I glanced around the shop. "Impressive" I noticed a man sitting across from me. He had a three tattooed on his neck. With no other visible tattoos. The man next to him was thin, jet black hair and had both arms tattooed. He also had his hand tattooed with looked like a Russian symbol. On the other side of the two men was another man. Again both arms tattooed and his hands. I looked away before I could make eye contact.
The man behind the counter handed me my portfolio back.
"when can you start"
I stood up straight "Tomorrow"
He nodded "Welcome to Insanity tattoo, Brenna. I'm your Boss, Benny" He shook my hand making it look like we just set a deal on something. I walked out of the shop feeling as there where eyes on me.
-end-

My journey went from there. As I began to work at insanity Tattoo. Not many of the workers saw me as an employee. Rather just some chick that landed a job. Big deal right?. I did rack up just as many tattoos as the guys, if not maybe a bit more one some days. But it never failed, The same six men would always sit in the stop. They never asked for a tattoo or anything. One day I confronted them about it. What I got I soon realized I should not have done it. The main man, the one with the Russian tattoo was the dick of the group that thought he could talk down to me. Just because I was a girl. And that won't go with me. I can hold my ground.
I pushed the man named Aaron or Deuce as his friends called him out of the shop. The rest just stood there and watched me. I got a pat on the back from one of them. I walked out and onto my shift. Little did they know I was still in the shop.
"Did you see that chick" someone asked. As I looked it was the man with the three tattoo.
The man with both hands tattoo nodded "Bad ass and a hot chick with a skull on the back of her neck. My type of woman".
"Slow your roll, Dyl, She won't be coming around by you any time soon" The man named Dyl gave a hurt look. Someone new walked into the shop. He had curly black hair and only one arm fully tattooed. "Where's Aaron" He asked. His voice was husky and beautiful.
That was my first encounter with The one named Matt.
"Some smoking hot tattoo worker kicked him out" Dyl said.
Then Rob spoke up "it's just a chill men, damn chill yourselves." I always had a problem with Rob. Honestly I think he was jealous that I was good tattoo artist.
I decided to clock out early that day. Benny didn't mind. I always showed up, He never had a problem with me. I walked downtown to a liquor store. And there I found my beloved.
Jack Daniels.