Tears Like Diamonds

Everyone knows who he is, that charming southern boy-turned-actor-singer from Florida. Carlos Pena Jr. is one of the four making up Big Time Rush. Everyone sees him on the television screen as the humorous, slightly dim teenager. Everyone sees him on stage, singing his heart out. Everyone thinks they know him.

They don’t know about the small town he left behind, or the girl still stuck in it. The girl, who in Carlos’ eyes, got away. The girl that still means everything to him. No one knows a thing about her existence.

It was supposed to be just another show; just another quick stop home for Carlos. However, fate had other plans. Carlos comes face-to-face with his high school love, the one he left behind. In that moment, the trip becomes so much more.
  1. Different
    Things change,” she said vaguely, motioning with her hands.
  2. Could've Been; Should've Been
    He tried to close his eyes, but sleep just wouldn’t take him. His mind was filled with ‘what-ifs’ and things left unspoken.
  3. Run-ins
    The glimmer of her engagement ring caught his eye in the Florida sun, and he almost walked away right there; this was not his place.
  4. Regret
    His heart was beating erratically in his chest, and he knew he would never be over Charlotte Jensen
  5. Suspicion
    Carlos was well aware she was someone’s fiancée, he didn’t need to be reminded every other sentence.
  6. Truth
    The situation with Carlos had a way of making Holdyn so much more enraged.
  7. Confrontation
    “I’m fine,” she asserted, her jaw set