‹ Prequel: Maid of Honor
Sequel: The Newlyweds
Status: Complete ♥

The Bride

Eleven ♥

“How bad was he last night?” I asked Maria while we changed for another photo spread that we were getting to do.
“Oh my gosh. I didn’t even get him into the bedroom. Kenny passes out next to the toilet in the bathroom floor.”
“John passed out in the hall,” I laughed. It was so bad that I couldn’t even carry him. He’s a heavy, skinny man.”
“A heavy skinny man?” She asked me, laughing. “You don’t hear that every day.”
I shrugged.
“I know, but it is so true. He’s a fatty.”
“That’s not very nice.” She laughed.
“But when I woke up he had dug himself to the couch, so I left some advil and water on the coffee table,”
“Great future wife stuff,” Maria winked playfully. “Kennedy was already up, drinking coffee when I woke up. Although he looked really sick,”
“That’s probably like the most I’ve even seen him drink,”
“They were wild,” She laughed with me. “But with a reason to celebrate.”
“Oh please, those guys would celebrate Ground Hog’s day if it meant they could drink as much as they wanted.”
“This is very true,” She agreed quickly. “When did Julie say that she was flying in?”
“I think she’s coming in like a week or so? I honestly have no idea.”
“Dang,” She laughed. Moments later she was called out to work on her spread. I was attacked by hairstylist and make-up artist. They tugged and pulled at my features before I was actually ready to go do my spread. It didn’t take long at all, but when I was done, my feet were killing me. Standing in six inch high heels in the same pose for a while causes some pain. I kicked my heels off, and quickly changed into a pair of my vans. I was finally out of the high fashion outfits and back in my everyday wear. I scooped up my phone, and I dialed a number that I had stolen from John’s phone while he was passed out.
“Hello?”
“Hey! It’s Dorinda, John’s fiancé. We’ve met a few times before, but I was at the bon fire last night,”
“Dia, right?”
I laughed.
“Yeah, that’s me. I was um…calling to ask you to do John and I a huge favor.”
”What is it?” He chuckled.
“Could you meet me at the local Starbucks?”
”I’ll be there in twenty minutes?”
“Sounds lovely.” I laughed. “Bye,”
”Mmhmm.” He hummed before we hung up.
“Who was that?” Maria questioned, making her way up to me.
“Just going over some things for the wedding,” I replied with an simple shrug. “But I do have get going soon. I’ve got a meeting in twenty minutes.”
“That’s awesome?” She looked slightly confused.
I nodded and picked up my purse.
“I’ll see you later, okay?”
“Okay. Bye doll,” Maria called as I walked toward the exit. I waved to everyone as I passed before I made it to my car. I drove slowly toward the Starbucks. I got out, and looked around, not seeing him anywhere. I ordered a venti iced vanilla coffee. Once it was done, and he still wasn’t there, I grabbed an empty table to sit down at. No later than five minutes later, he walked inside and ordered some coffee for himself. He found me shortly after and smiled as he approached my table.
“Good to see you again, Dorinda.”
“You too, Dirk.” I replied, wrapping my arms around the photographer in a quick hug. We both sat down at the table, having our coffees.
“So what can I do for you and Johnny?” He chuckled lightly.
“I wanted to know if you could possibly, maybe, photograph our wedding?”
“I’d love to.” He stated, smiling. “When is the wedding?”
“February 3rd.” I replied.
Dirk pulled out his iPhone, typing quickly, and then he stood up.
“Let me make a really quick call,” He stated before he walked a little ways away from our table. After a few more minutes, he walked back over to the table and smiled down at me. “You got yourself a photographer.”
“Thank you so much!” I nearly squealed before I stood up and hugged him quickly. “This honestly means the world to me.”
“No problem. I have to go, I’ve got to get to an appointment to go to.”
“Alright,” I laughed before we went our separate ways.



I was sitting alone on the back patio in my pajamas with one of John’s really old hoodies. Again, I had my glasses on, letting my hair flow, and a stack of wedding catalogues in my lap. In my left hand I had a pen, able to mark the dresses that I liked the best. To my right side sat a table with a notepad, and a can of Arnold Palmer sitting here. I was having the worst time finding a wedding dress. I understood that finding the dresses took a while, but I never understood that it was be this fucking stressful. I’ve been at this for three hours since I got home from coffee with Dirk. All of the dresses just seemed to end in one big blur. I got the point where I wanted to kill Vera Wang. Just kidding, but it was pretty bad.
“There you are,”
I jumped, and nearly knocked over my Arnold Palmer. My quick reflexes grabbed the can before it could fall. John laughed as he walked over to where I was sitting, flashing me his amazing smile.
“I didn’t even hear you,” I stated as he was steps in front of me.
John swopped down and placed his lips against mine slowly.
“I noticed.” He chuckled. “What are you doing out here?”
“Clearing my brain while trying to do the impossible,” I explained.
“What might the impossible be?” He questioned as he picked up my feet that were lying in the long patio chair. I whined in protest, but he ignored me. John sat down where my feet where and placed them in his lap. He took off my black, flip flops and put them beside my chair.
“Picking a wedding dress,” I stated, looking down at the pile I had. “What am I gonna do, Johnny?”
“Calm down?”
“If only…” I trailed off. “This is fucking stressful,”
“Do you need any help? It is my wedding too.”
“Yes, but you promised me that I get to plan it.”
“Correction, you get to pick when and where,”
I let my head drop back on the chair, and groaned.
“I’ve picked both. I have my bridesmaid’s dresses, the shoes, the place, the date, and the photographer,”
“Great. Now all we need is your dress, what I’m going to wear, a wedding cake and a place for the reception.” He smiled. “Wait…when did we get a photographer?”
“Today,” I semi-smiled at him. “Dirk’s photographing our wedding,”
“Dirk Mai?” He laughed.
“The only Dirk I know…and I’m pretty sure the only one you know,”
“That’s awesome, baby.” He smiled at me.
“He would do anything for you,” I joked playfully. “How’s the hangover?”
“Better now,” John laughed. “It was bad when I woke up and had to take care of myself.”
“I’m sorry. I had a early photoshoot and then I met up with Dirk for coffee.”
“When did you get back here?”
“Nearly four hours ago. I’ve been out here since. I’m so stressed,”
John smiled and his hands started to massage my feet.
“Feel better?”
“Not yet, keep going,” I sighed. “Doesn’t this bring back memories?”
“I always massage your body.”
I smirked and raised my eyebrows at him.
“Hmm…really?”
John caught on to what I said.
“God, you have such a boy mind.”
“Best of both worlds, baby. I have the mind of a boy and a vagina. I’m fucking awesome.”
“And the mouth of a truck driver,”
“That’s what I get for having you as a best friend.”
“Excuse you, but I’m your fiancé now.”
“Still the best friend comes first.” I smiled at him.
John rolled his eyes.
“Have you thought about music yet?”
“John, does it honestly look like I’ve thought about the music?”
“No?”
“Bingo.”
“Can I be in charge of that?”
“Of course you can, babe,” I replied with a huff. “However, we should choose our song together,”
“Nothing too cheesy,”
“Of course not,” I giggled.
“Would it be cheesy if I said that I want I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing to possibly be our song?”
I beamed.
“You know that’s my favorite song ever.”
“I also know that is your favorite band ever.” He replied with a sweet smile.
“Exactly,” John smiled at me. “I’ve already got the perfect playlist going up in my head right now.”
“You’re too cute,” I laughed. “I can’t wait. Are you going to tell me when you’re done?”
“No, no I’m not,” He smiled. “But I know that you’re going to love it.”
“Why thank you?” I laughed, slightly confused. “How do you know that?”
“Because I know you better than you know yourself.” John wiggled his eyebrows and then stopped rubbing my feet. “Care to show me what you have picked out?”
“I don’t even want to look at it.”
“You know what you need?”
I sighed heavily.
“No, what do I need?”
“You need a vacation.”
“John, I just got back from New York a week ago,”
“You were in New York for work, Dia. I’m talking right on vacation. You deserve it, baby”
“Fine, John. What do you have in mind?” I snapped, looking at him.
John smiled.
“I’m glad you asked. Be right back!” He called, standing up quickly, flinging my feet in the process. I almost laughed as he disappeared. I moved the wedding boots to the concrete ground beside my flip flops while he was gone. Slowly, the tall man came back with his hands behind his back. I eyed him carefully as he got closer.
“What are you doing?” I laughed as he started to sway his lips.
“I’m trying to be seductive. Is it working?”
“Not really, no.” I answered with a small smirk. “What are you up too?”
“I got us tickets somewhere.”
“Where?” I asked slowly.
“DISNEY WORLD!” John yelled, throwing up his arms. In his right hand were pamphlets. “We leave in two days. So you better get packing for three days of awesomeness with yours truly.”
“You’re seriously taking me to Disney World just a few weeks shy of our wedding?” I asked him. “What about the honeymoon.”
“Chill your pants. I’ve got that one planned out too.”
“Oh really?”
“Yes, I do.” He smirked. “Buttt Kenny helped me a tad bit.”
I rolled my eyes.
“John this is ridiculous,”
“No it’s not!” He stated. “I’m stressed, you’re stressed, and we just need to get away.”
I huffed, but smiled brightly at him.
“When’s our flight?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER! UBER CUTE!!

Five comments to update?
♥ Rae