‹ Prequel: Maid of Honor
Sequel: The Newlyweds
Status: Complete ♥

The Bride

Eighteen ♥

“Good luck, babe.” I stated, wrapping my arms around John’s neck. I placed my lips to his sweetly before I pulled away and stared up in his eyes.
“I’ll see you as soon as I get off of that stage.” John stated, placing his big hands on either side of my face. “You’ll be waiting?”
I rolled my eyes.
“Of course I will be,”
John kissed me quickly before he turned toward the stage.
“Stop being an insecure bitch,” Kennedy joked before he kissed Maria and jumped off toward the stage.
“You guys are super cute.” Julie smiled.
I laughed and nodded in agreement.
“I totally love him,”
“I think we all can see that.” Maria rolled her eyes. “Are you going to the after party at Moose’s?”
“I don’t know…” I trailed off, looking at the boys who were launching into Everything I Ask For.
“I’m pretty sure your little boyfriend will be there,” Julie winked playfully. “They’re staying at Halvo’s for tonight before they leave tomorrow.”
I smiled and shook my head.
“I’ll end up going anyway…” I trailed off for a moment. “Okay. I’ll go.”
We danced around and jumped to The Maine’s music for a little bit longer before we were joined with Rocket and Before You Exit. The guys just ended Don’t Stop Now, and John was taking a long swig from his large red cup. He smirked in my direction before he went back to the mic.
“We’re gonna play a song that we haven’t played in a while. It’s a cover of Akon,” John stated before the guys started the music. I nearly doubled over in laughter. This was the weirdest cover they’ve ever done. It just didn’t make sense, especially since none of them listened to rap music. Then I started laughing louder when he started to dance around and thrust toward the audience.
“He’s shit faced,” Halvo laughed.
“Dude, he’s sooooo going to have it bad in the morning.” Justin agreed.
I rolled my eyes.
“You guys missed like a week or so ago. Kenny and John were so far gone.”
“It was bad. They were confessing their love for each other,” Maria added. “I swear…Kennedy will leave me for John.”
I shrugged.
“I can’t help that John’s an attractive, lanky man with an unusually deep voice.”
“He’s enjoying that a little too much.” Braiden stated while laughing. John continued to act like a complete dumb ass, I say this in the sweetest of ways, and eventually the horrible song ended. Their cover was better than the original, but it doesn’t make it a good song. As soon as it ended, John stole another glance at me and he smiled widely. I smiled back, feeling everything at once. It was a nice feeling.
“Okay…so how many of you have heard a rumor about us?” John asked. The crowd yelled loudly in response. “How many of you heard a rumor about me recently?”
My cheeks heated.
“Oh dear Lord…” I trailed off with a slight groan as I got curious looks from the people standing next to me. The crowd yelled.
“Well, I don’t know if you know this, but John’s getting married.” Kennedy said. I swear my eyes got ten times bigger. John laughed, looking at me, and then he sent a wink toward me. “I want everyone in this room to raise your cups. We’re gonna toast to John and Dorinda.”
John walked toward me with a smirk on his face. I shook my head quickly but it was useless. John was already pulling me onto the stage so that they could toast to us. I’ve always been awkward around his fans. I was, and still am, terrified that they’re going to hate me. Fans can be brutal. I walked close to John, causing him to laugh.
“This is Dorinda. Isn’t she gorgeous?”
I blushed and shook my head.
“Apparently the band is with her, and not the other way around.” Kennedy laughed. “Anyway…so raise your fucking glasses and toast to this amazing couple. To John and Dorinda, we love you,”
They toast and drank. I gave John and Kennedy quick hugs before bolting off of the stage.
“No we’re going to play a song that I wrote about that amazing woman.” John stated.
Here's to words that tell the truth, when it's easier to lie
Here's to staring into the sun, when you used to close your eyes
I was the dark before the dawn, the voice without a song,
The words that came out wrong but you heard me all along

Untangle me, I'm not looking for a sign,
Keep your body next to mine and set me free
Untangle me, from these feelings trapped inside
Way out past the smoke and fire is where I'll be,
I've been waiting such a long time for someone to come along, untangle me

I'm on the inside looking outside, that's the only place I've been
Hesitating, suffocating, but then you let me in
I was the storm before the calm, the hope is hanging on,
The words that came out wrong, but you heard me all along

Untangle me, I'm not looking for a sign,
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
Keep your body next to mine and set me free
Untangle me, from these feelings trapped inside
Way out past the smoke and fire is where I'll be,

Yeah, whoa, untangle me, whoa
And maybe for the first time, you'll get the best of me
The part that isn't broken like before,
The man I'm not afraid of anymore

Untangle me, I'm not looking for a sign,
Keep your body next to mine, set me free, yeah
Untangle me, from these feelings trapped inside
Way out past the smoke and fire is where I'll be,
I've been waiting such a long time for someone to come along, untangle me

Whoa, oh no baby
Untangle me,
Whoa, oh keep on waiting
Untangle me
Whoa, that's all I'm saying
Untangle me


I smiled widely. This was my favorite The Maine concert I’ve ever attended.



“I’m a giraffe!” John loudly yelled as we were huddled around Moose’s basement instead of going outside to drink.
“No you’re not.” I laughed, shaking my head.
“Ye-yes I am!” John retorted, swaying slightly as he walked to get another bottle of whiskey.
“He’s piss ass drunk.” Julie laughed.
I nodded my head before I drank some more of my mixed drink from the red cup in my hands. I was drinking, but definitely not as much as John is. Nick, Braiden, and Riley were the only ones not drinking. Even Connor and Thomas got into the fun, which is probably a bad idea, but no one cared nonetheless.
“Yupp,” I nodded in agreement.
“LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND!” Halvo shouted excitedly and pointing toward the sound system set up in his basement. “KARAOKE!”
I giggled.
“What songs are there Halvo?”
“Um…….I can’t see them,” He shrugged, causing a huge giggle to fall out of Maria’s mouth.
She was a giggly drunk.
“Where’s my Patty?” I questioned.
“He’s on his way. He’s bringing someone.”
“Who?”
“He wouldn’t say,” Tim shrugged.
I rolled my eyes and stood up. I made my way over to where Halvo was standing. I took the CD case from him, and looked at all of the songs. I laughed, and shook my head.
“I’m not drunk enough for this yet,” I admitted out loud, causing Julie to laugh too. I went over to them, and I sat down on the couch. “We need to sing this song,” I stated, pointing at the track.
Julie nodded eagerly.
“Do you think Maria can handle it?”
I nodded my head.
“Oh yeah….” I trailed off. “She knows this song by heart.”
Julie laughed and nodded for a moment.
“We’re here!” A voice announced from the stairs. I turned toward the direction and I saw Pat walking down the stairs slowly with a girl in tow. I pressed my lips together in a funny face. Pat usually didn’t bring girls with him. In fact, he was very quiet about his personal life, even from us.
“Pat, get your ass in here!” Justin yelled, nearly knocking Aaron over.
Maria giggled again before Pat and the girl walked over toward us.
“Ohhh…he was a girl!” Thomas called.
“He has a girl, you idiot.” Connor corrected, with a lazy roll of his eyes, considering he was nursing his second bottle of beer.
“Guys, this is Kendra…if you already didn’t know,” He blushed slightly.
“Patty has a girlfriend!” Jared yelled, catching everyone’s attention. “That’s cute!”
“And…they’re all basically drunk.” Pat pointed out.
“Not me,” Riley smiled. “I don’t do that stuff.”
“Me either,” Braiden stated.
“I’m a DD tonight…which sucks, because this would be more entertaining if I was just as drunk as the rest of these assholes,” Nick rolled his eyes. Julie laughed, and drank some more of her drink.
“Hey! I’m well on my way to being very fucked up,” I stated, holding up my red cup. “Third one tonight,”
“That’s a record for you,” Maria joked, but it was a messy sentence.
“Grab you and the lady a drink, Pat. Let the girl come talk to me,” I stated, patting the empty space beside me. “I am the reason you two met.”
Pat rolled his eyes, and Kendra smiled before making her way over to me. She sat down on the couch.
“You do drink, don’t you?”
“I’m underage.” She blushed slightly.
“Please, I grew up with these people…”
“Okay, so yeah…I do sometimes.” She replied with a laugh.
“How have you been?”
“Pretty good. Senior year sucks though. It’s just…lame.”
I laughed.
“That is exactly how my Senior year was,”
“Does it get any better?”
“Yeah…after it ends,” I joked back. “How long have you and Pat been like…dating?”
“Well…um…I guess a day or two after he knocked me over.” She revealed. “He’s so…he’s sweet. I really like him. He wooed me,”
“All good…I hope,” Pat said sweetly, handing her a drink and chugging his own. “Don’t scare her off, Dia.”
“Pat, the girl is dating you. If that hasn’t done it, nothing will,” I rolled my eyes.
Pat scoffed playfully.
“Where’s John?”
“I have no idea. The boy got into the Whiskey pretty early. He likes to drink too much for his own good.” I answered with a small smile. “He waddled toward the fridge to get more, and I haven’t seen him since.”
“Damn…” Pat trailed off.
I finished off my cup soon after that, and I stood up to make myself another one. Nick graciously came with me, and made me another drink. He was probably the best drink mixer I’ve ever met in my life. Of course I can’t say much, considering that my life has been dedicated to gymnastics.
“THERE’S MY FUTURE WIFE!” John shouted, wrapping his sloppy arms around me. I was being picked up from the ground, making me laugh. John gave me a sloppy kiss on the lips. I grimaced, and pushed him off slightly. “What was that for?”
“You’re way too drunk to enjoy kissing right now.” I mumbled, feeling my head spin slightly from my drink. It was strong, I knew that much.
John pouted, but then Jared entered the kitchen, causing his attention to change from me to Jared. I laughed loudly at his attention span before I walked back to the living room. For the next hour, Julie and I worked on getting Kendra completely trashed, just as much as we were. By the time, I could still talk, but barely walk, I figured that it was time. I looked over at Julie, and she smiled widely at me. She grabbed Maria, and I got Kendra. I had the karaoke CD tucked in my hand.
“What are you guys doing?” Garrett slurred.
“We’re gonna sing!” Kendra yelled, making me laugh while I put the CD.
“My dear Riley, please turn it to this song.” Julie mumbled, pointing toward the track, and he nodded.
“What song is it?” Kendra questioned.
Julie laughed, and whispered in her ear.
“How’s that gonna work?”
“I got Baby,” I called, throwing my hand up.
“I’ve got Scary,” Maria yelled.
“I can do a mad Sporty,” Kendra winked.
“YES! I GET GINGER!” Julie jumped up and down.
“Whaaaa?” John chuckled.
“Hit it, Riles.” Maria slurred.

Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you want my future forget my past,
If you wanna get with me better make it fast,
Now don't go wasting my precious time,
Get your act together we could be just fine

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends (gotta get with my friends)
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.

What do you think about that now you know how I feel,
Say you can handle my love are you for real,
I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try
If you really bug me then I'll say goodbye.

Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends (gotta get with my friends)
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.

So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me you gotta listen carefully,
We got Em in the place who likes it in your face,
we got G like MC who likes it on an
Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady,
and as for me you'll see,
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around.

If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends (gotta get with my friends),
Make it last forever friendship never ends,
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give,
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.
If you wanna be my lover, you gotta, you gotta, you gotta,
you gotta, you gotta, slam, slam, slam, slam

Slam your body down and wind it all around.
Slam your body down and wind it all around (uh uh).
Slam your body down and wind it all around.
Slam your body down zigazig ah

If you wanna be my lover.


We ended in a fit of giggled. I basically crawled back to John, and sat down on his lap.
“I wanna be your lover,”
“You already are, dumbass.” I replied with a laugh
♠ ♠ ♠
I LOVE this chapter :))

Please comment!

♥ Rae