Sequel: My Only One

No Idea That I'm Even Here

Last Day of High School

Brittany-
It was now a few days before graduation. The guys got signed on Valentine’s Day. This year has been the best year ever. I got a boyfriend who was the best guy possible, I was going to spend all summer on tour with my best friends and my boyfriend. Oh yeah, Aubrey and Alex were finally together. Rian and Kara were still going strong. Zack was currently single. He caught his girlfriend cheating on him. Let’s just say her father bought her a new nose after I talked to her.
“I can’t believe it! High school is over!” Aubrey jumped on me as I left the classroom.
“I know!” I laughed. Everyone was saying their goodbyes and crying. The high school era of our lives was now coming to an end. Jack came out after talking to our teacher and picked me up.
“We did it.” He whispered in my ear.
“Yeah, we did.” I smiled. The six of us stood in the hallway as it emptied out.
“So this is it. We’re leaving Dulaney.” Alex sighed.
“High school is over. You actually sound sad Alex.” Rian chuckled.
“I kinda am, I mean now we’re in the real world after Friday.” He said as we started walking down the empty corridor.
“Yeah but we got signed, and we’re going to be on tour all summer.” Zack smiled.
“I know, that’s going to be amazing.”
“Yup and I get to spend it all with my amazing girlfriend.” Jack grinned down at me. “Who is also going to leave me for college.”
“Jack, I’ll still see you. No matter what. I love you.” I hugged his waist. “I’ll come visit you on semester breaks and on the weekends.”
“I know but I’ll miss you so much though.”
“Like I won’t miss you.” I joked. “Jack you’ll be on the road all the time. It’s going to be hard, but think about when we see each other.”
“Good point. I do love that part.” He wiggled his eyebrows. I playfully shoved him as we made our way to his car. “So are we still on for tonight?”
“Yes, tonight is just me and you. I promise.” I smiled. Jack had planned something for me tonight since it was also our three months today. Three months isn’t a big deal but with Jack it didn’t matter because we were both very much in love and nothing could or would change that.
That night I stood in the bathroom getting ready for my date with Jack. He refused to tell me what we were doing or where we were going. All he told me was to dress comfortably and don’t go all out. I applied some makeup and ran my brush through my hair before spraying some hairspray in it. My phone buzzed from the counter. Jack. ‘Hey I’m running a few minutes late but I’ll be there shortly. Promise.’ I quickly typed a reply, ‘Alright see you when you get here :)’. I went back to fixing my hair. As I finished my phone buzzed again. ‘I’m sorry I’m leaving now, love you so much <3’ I smiled and typed, ‘Love you too boo <3 drive safely’. I walked down to the kitchen to my mother.
“I see you’re going out with Jack again.” She laughed. “You two are always going out.”
“Yeah Mom, he is my boyfriend now.”
“Yeah I’ve noticed. It took you guys so long to realize you loved each other.” She smiled. There was a knock at the door. “That’s probably Jack.” I rolled my eyes and went to open the door. Jack stood there with crimson red roses.
“Hey Jacky.” I hugged him.
“Hey lovely.” He pecked my cheek and handed me the bouquet. “Alright we’re going to be late if we don’t hurry up.” Jack drove us up to a lake. He got out of the car and came to my side to open my door for me. He held out a hand to help me up. I looked around at the sun setting over the lake. Stepping behind me he put his hands over my eyes and guided me to our destination. He removed his hands. I gasped as took in what was in front of me. There was a picnic table with a red table cloth under a white lace one. There in the middle sat a vase with a single red rose.
“You did this?” I looked up at him. He nodded.
“Yep, this is why I was late.” We sat down and ate the dinner which consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Jack and I talked about life after graduation, me going to college and him touring. “Britt, you know I love you with all my heart right?”
“Yeah I know, and I love you just as much.”
“Good, because I have something to ask you.” He fiddled with his hands. He looked up from his hands and met my eyes. “Alright, this isn’t easy.”
“Are you cheating on me?” I gulped.
“No, baby, no. I couldn’t do that to you. It’s not that. I’m not breaking up with you either. It’s just- I’m really nervous about asking you this.” He stuttered.
“Well Jack, you know you can tell me anything.”
“I know, but it’s just I love you so much and I know you love me, but I can’t come out and say it. It’s hard.” He put his head in his hands. I got up and sat next to him.
“I love you, Jack Barakat, more than anything in this world.” I placed my hand on his cheek. He took my hand and took a deep breath.
“Okay, here it goes. I’m in love with you and have been most of my life, ever since I first met you. And I know we were only a couple for a few months and all but I got you this as a symbol of my undying love.” He pulled out a small black velvet box. “It’s a promise ring. I want us to be together forever, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we’re too young to be engaged and we haven’t been together long enough either but, I really want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
bum bum de bum... comments?