Sequel: My Only One

No Idea That I'm Even Here

We Are Broken

Brittany-
What was I going to do? Part of me wanted to listen to what he had to say. The other part didn’t, it hurt too much. I tripped and fell trying to walk away, hitting my head and blacking out.
“Brittany!” Jack yelled walking closer. After a few minutes I woke up.
“Are you okay?” Aubrey asked worriedly furrowing her brow.
“Yeah. I’m fine.” I tried getting up. Finally getting to my feet I dusted myself off.
“Easy, you probably have a concussion.” Jack said worry crossing his features.
“I’m fine Jack.” I huffed turning away from him.
“I’ll drive you home.” Aubrey said.
“I’ll get your car.” Jack said. Reluctantly I handed him my keys. Aubrey and I got in her car, and when we got to my house I laid on the couch. Jack came in seconds after. “You should go to a doctor, just in case. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
“Jack, I’m fine.” I said bluntly not bothering to look up at him.
“Will you be okay long enough for me to take him to get his car?” She asked.
“Someone should stay with her.” He paced back and forth. “At least until her mom gets home.” He glanced at me.
“Jack!” I snapped loosing myself for a moment. “I’m fine I don’t need anyone here especially you!” He ran out slamming the door behind him, but not before I saw his crushed expression on his normally joyful face.
“Why did you do that?!” Aubrey yelled looking at me like I’m insane.
“I don’t know. I’m a bitch. I’m just confused about everything.” I started crying. “I got pissed at my best friend, he hates me but I’m in love with the guy.” This was insane, but love is insane.. I loved Jack, but I hurt him.
“It’s about damn time you admitted you’re in love with him. He doesn’t hate you. He’s in love with you just like you are with him.” She had a huge grin creeping up on her face.
“Okay, I’m going to take him to get his car. I’ll be back.” And with that she walked out.

Jack-
It was official. She hated me. I felt like giving up. Nothing could hurt more than knowing the one person I love with all my heart despises me it was like a knife in your heart getting pressed in deeper and deeper. Like Rian said, “If you love something let it go.” Aubrey drove me to go get my car saying little until we were almost to the car.
“Hey don’t be too down on yourself.” She said quietly giving me a side glance.
“Why? I fucked up. She hates me.” I said miserably looking out the window.
“That’s not true.” She looked at me . We pulled in the school parking lot.
“Yeah it is.” I said as I got out of her car. “Thanks for the ride. I got in my car and drove home. As I sat at the stop sign I hit the steering wheel, once, twice. I broke down, I couldn’t handle it. I pretty much lost the one thing I loved more than anything, more than life itself. It sounds silly only because I’m only seventeen, but I love Brittany with all my heart and nothing can change that.
When I got home I went up to my room not saying much to anybody not even my mom. Fuck this shit I thought rolling up my sleeves as I grabbed the razor from the bathroom. I took a deep breath before slicing my wrist watching as the blood run down my arms I bit my lip from the pain. The warm, crimson liquid on my arms seemed to mock me, reminding me how much I fucked up. Before someone could see me I was up in the bathroom rinsing all traces of it away. I bandaged up my arms quickly and retreated to my bed. I broke down and cried. I knew she hated me now. I should have never told her to forget the kiss. I had to tell her I love her even though she hates me. My mom called me for dinner but I didn’t go down. I needed to choke on my misery. After dinner My brother Joe came up to talk to me.
“Why didn’t you eat?” He asked through the door.
“I’m not hungry.” I said shifting my position.
“Does this have to do with-”
“Leave me the fuck alone about her!” I ran out of my room and to my car. Without a second thought I drove to the beach where I went with her. I sat in the sand thinking about what I had done for a few moments, and then I knew what to do. Even though I really messed up, I needed to talk to her. I pulled out my phone to call her. I sat there staring at the numbers on the screen contemplating just forgetting about it and going home. Before I could talk myself out of it I hit call.
“Hi Jack.” She answered almost inaudibly.

“Hey Brittany, look I need to talk to you, it’s really important. But first I want to apologize for being an asshole.” I said before she could interrupt.

“Yeah, it’s fine. I’m sorry for yelling at you. Can you come over? I need company. Plus I miss my Barakitty.” She replied I was almost crying because I was so happy.
“I’m on my way.” I hung up with her and ran to my car with a small smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?