Family Ties

Ch. 3 Holiday Fiasco

Ramona woke up with a headache the next morning. She couldn't believe how awkward she felt last night at dinner. She just wanted to curl up in a ball and die. Poppy kept shooting her looks and Ramona couldn't take in any longer. Christmas was in four days! Ramona knew those days would be the longest of her entire life.
Roger was the first one up that morning. He got on the phone and called Helen. She was ecstatic about him calling. She should be, since Roger never called her, ever. He wanted her to come to dinner that evening and she swore she would definetly come. This was the first time Roger had asked her to come over and meet his family. Roger almost felt sorry for deceiving her, but it was his master plan. He decided the moment Ramona came around he would dump Helen and devote his life to Ramona.
Ramona was sharing her room with Poppy and Roger was sharing his with George. Ramona snuck out into the kitchen to get some Advil. Where she ran smack into the last person she wanted to see. "Morning Ramona" Roger said in a pleasant voice. Ramona nodded at him and went about her business. She swallowed double the dose of Advil and turned around to find Roger right in her face. "Is that really okay for you to be doing?" Roger asked and he looked seriously concerned. That's what set Ramona over the edge. "You know what Roger, it is none of your business what I do! Mind your own business and leave me the hell alone, you got that? Piss off why don't you?" With that Ramona stormed out of the kitchen, passing George on her way.
Roger was surprised by Ramona's outburst, but it wasn't that uncommon for her. She was always loud, and that was part of her charm, she always spoke her mind. "What was that about?" George asked as he walked into the kitchen. Roger shrugged his shoulders and said "headache" George nodded and started pouring a bowl of cereal. "Hey George, is it okay for me to bring my girlfriend to tonight's dinner? I know you're cooking and your girlfriend is coming in." "Hey little dude, sure, it's fine. I mean I want everyone to meet Jackie." Roger nodded and grinned. This was going to be fun.
Ramona was bored. She had left in a hurry that morning to get out of the way of Roger and now she was aimlessly wandering around town. Ramona thought she might go out to a movie, or hang out with her best friend. But everyone was gone for the holidays, her friend had left that morning. A movie was boring alone and nothing good was out now. Ramona was tired of this game she played with Roger. See if he brings his stupid little twerp girlfriend. Ramona didn't care. She was going to find her own date. Not that anyone was asking to go out with her. Then Ramona had the perfect idea. Dani had an older brother that was staying home watching the house and animals. She could just kick there and hang out with Steve. He was nice enough, though a little creepy at times. Ramona headed over there and banged on the door. When Steve opened it he didn't look too happy. "Ramona what are you doing here? You know Dani and everyone else left this morning don't you?" Steve looked bad, maybe hung over. "I know that Steve. I'm just bored and was wondering if I could hang with you for a while. Maybe play video games or something with you." Steve sighed and opened the door. Ramona was happy. She had always had a crush on Steve but ever since a year and a half ago when Steve came home drunk and almost raped her Ramona was a little wary of him. Though he didn't seem drunk, and he was always apologizing for it. Ramona always carried pepper spray with her now at all times. So now she just chilled with Steve, playing xbox all day long.
Roger was kicking at home relaxing, watching a Christmas movie with his arm wrapped around Helen. The whole family was gathered around, even George's girlfriend, Jackie. Everyone except Ramona. He wondered where she could have gotten. She had been out all day. She was going to be in trouble when she got home because mom wanted to have family time and she wasn't around. Mom had cried because she thought maybe Ramona didn't feel part of the family, her being adopted and all. Roger knew she was just avoiding him. It was frustrating him but there wasn't much he could do about it. It wasn't till that evening that Ramona finally walked in. George had made dinner, ham and all, and everyone was just waiting around for Ramona to bother to show up. It put Roger in a sour mood. "Where were you young lady? You've been gone all day and I was worried sick about you." Mom was going on and on. "It's okay mom, I was just over and Dani's" Roger tensed up and stared at Ramona. "I thought Dani left for some ski thing with her family." "She did mom but I just hung out with Steve all day playing games." Roger was furious at Ramona now. He was the only one that knew about what Steve almost did to Ramona and he hated the guys guts.
Ramona saw all the anxious and concerned faces and even Roger's angry expression with his arm around his stupid little chihuahua girlfriend. Ramona was tired of it all. "Well whatever let's eat." Ramona said as she went into the dining room and sat down. Everyone followed suit. Dinner was pleasant enough for Ramona. She liked George's girlfriend and chatted away with her. By the end of the meal she almost forgot why she was upset. Almost. When she heard the chihuahua's annoying laugh she almost leaned over and slapped her.
Roger hadn't planned that Ramona would like Jackie so much and forget about his stupid girlfriend. He wanted her jealous, he wanted her upset because he himself was upset. He was mad at Ramona for spending her whole day with Steve, the drunk lowlife that almost raped her. He wanted her to be more careful with who she hung out with. He wanted her to feel the jealousy he was kinda feeling over the fact that she choose Steve, a guy who almost raped her, over him, just her brother. Well he was going to get her back somehow. He just always did that with Ramona, it was a habit formed from sibling rivalry. "Everyone I have an announcement to make." George stood up and he looked like he was on top of the world. Roger was excited for George because he knew what was coming next. "Everyone, Jackie and I are engaged." A burst of screams and cheers and congratulations swept the room up into a roar. Ramona looked almost happy, and why shouldn't she be. She had made best buds with her future sister. Mom was crying and Roger was happy. Though Helen bugged him as she burst out in tears and hugged everyone. She wasn't even part of the family.
Ramona was beyond happy for George and Jackie. She really thought Jackie was deserving of her awesome brother. She lost herself in hugs and cheering and all that good stuff. It was late by the time all the ruckus died down. Jackie was staying here and she would be sleeping in Ramona's room. She was going to be quizzing Jackie on everything because she barely knew her. Everyone was still out in the dining room talking about old memories. Ramona supposed Helen went home because she didn't see her or Roger. Ramona was walking back to her room to get ready for bed when she passed Roger's partly open door. She heard something so she stopped and peered inside. Ramona gasped at what she saw in there. Roger was on his bed with his pants pulled down and Helen kneeling in front of him giving him head. Hell this was horrible. The chihuahua was sucking on Roger's dick. Ramona wanted to kick the living shit out of Helen. She wanted to kick the living shit out of Roger. I guess he was over whatever happened between them with that kiss. Ramona hurried down the hall and into the bathroom. She locked the door and started crying. She didn't unlock the door until morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it gets a little OMG but bear with me. And I know Roger seems horrible now but isn't that what makes characters more believable when they have flaws?