Blind Me, Love Me

Rain.

“Ms. Tsang, if you would, please join the rest of the class in our discussion for today’s topic.” Professor McGonagall interrupted her own lecture to pull the atramentous-haired teenager's attention back into the classroom from wherever it was for the past five minutes.

It was raining today. Not the usual drizzle, but a heavy down pour that began with several booming rays of lightning and crashing thunder. Just the very thought of it being so close and on Thursday, too, so close to the weekend, it was all just too depressing. Everyone wanted it to end. They wanted it to be dry and stop being so humid.

The professor continued her speech on animagus transfigurations, something Amory had previously studied and used on her own time already practicing her own owl animagus shape. She laid back in her cold seat, pretending to be interested despite having known every word and every part of the discussion already in the back of her head.

It was only a matter of time before the boring streak of education would be interrupted as well maybe by some new weather or a student being expelled. Only time can bring entertainment just as patience brings fortune.

“That is the conclusion of today’s class. Everyone please continue studying this on page 506 of your textbooks, and I will see you on Monday!”

**

“Amory, did you look at our potions homework?” Cho, a Ravenclaw family cousin, asked as the two Asian girls headed down the hallway. She was always more into studying whatever the students were given as opposed to studying whatever she wanted like Amory was.

It was no wonder Amory was almost sorted into Slytherin. If half the Tsang family hadn’t been all in Ravenclaw, she probably would have been sent to Slytherin in a heart beat.

“I finished it already. It wasn’t that hard.” The girl remarked, tucking her own textbook to the inner side of her robes.

“I was thinking about asking Harry for help… He’s doing really well this year.” Cho concealed her own smile into a discontented sneer that she passed off as confused.

Oh, right. She fancies Harry. It wasn’t a surprise. Ever since Cedric… Well, she’s been lonely. Of course, Amory not the best person to console her because of her ever so education-driven actions, but she can see why she’d want to forget.

The rain continued it’s patterned tapping on the windows of every corridor. Cho left her cousin's side to follow Harry who coincidentally ended up by the two, so she continued walking by myself. The hall eventually cleared out. It was just the Ravenclaw and her notebook, whatever it contained, she never remembered.

“Draco?” She muttered towards the end of the approaching hallway.

It was Draco alright. He stood up from his spot in front of Professor Slughorn’s door, leaving a bottle at it’s hinges. He looked towards his new guest with no surprise yet he made no effort to conceal his actions.

“Amory.” He smiled with a foreign kindness that didn't suit his darkened stature very well.

“What are you doing here?" Amory furrowed her eyebrows together with several statements of reason. "The Slytherin common room is on the other side of the castle.”

“Just hoping that I’d bump into you.” He held out his pale hand, thin but welcoming. “Want to go to Hogsmeade?”

It wasn’t often that Draco offered to do things like this. He was very reserved, and he usually only goes to places with Goyle or Crabbe. When it came to Amory, she never knew what he was going to do. Always guessing and forever left with cliffhangers that made her flustered.

“Now?” She turned around, looking for anyone who could eavesdrop. "That's kind of out-of-the-blue."

“Do you not want to?” The blond asked with a voice that hinted of disappointment and a dropped sense of hope.

The look in Draco’s eyes today—it’s like he’s relieved. Like he’s gotten a weight of his shoulders. This was his way of saying that he’s finally ready to be happy without having to hide it. It was difficult to describe how Amory felt now about this now, but she could now openly admit that her heart was beating as fast as the wings on a golden snitch. His eyes are beautiful, so blue and so deep.

“No, I want to!” She shook my hands, a shade darker than his. “But I’m… I’m still in my robes.” She sniggled with a faint voice.

Draco grabbed the girl's hand, fitting into his like a puzzle piece in a jigsaw puzzle. “I’ll walk you over to the Ravenclaw common room, and you can change. I’ll just wait for you outside.”

Amory looked at their interlocked hands. “Draco?”

“Yes?”

She contemplated asking why he was like this today. He didn’t like a lot of the people in Ravenclaw. Everyone knew that. Some of the girls were muggle-born, and most were friends or supporters of Harry Potter. She knew he didn’t like that.

“It’s nothing.” Amory shook her head.

“I’m just in a good mood today, if you were wondering.” He smiled, another rare occurrence.

Bloody hell, this wasn't normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Keep in mind, this is supposed to be during the Half-Blood Prince.