Like You and I are Finally Gonna get it Right

When Did I Become so Cold?

The sky was the clearest blue I’d ever witnessed, the clouds barely making an appearance. I set my sketchbook down on the end of my beach towel and took in all of the people that were roaming the beach. They all looked so much different than back in Maryland, not to mention they were more built and tanned.

I rolled over, exposing my front side to the sun. My eyes instantly fell on Alex as he took me in, eyeing the exposed skin from my black bikini. He sat down in the sand next to me, his elbows on his knees, his hands dangling toward the ground. I went back to my sketchbook, continuing my piece of the waves with a surfer.

“Matt was confused why you were mad at him.”

“I’m good at confusing people,” I muttered, running my finger over the mark I made to smudge it.

“I told him why.”

I looked at Alex, my expression probably didn’t display how furious I was because he continued talking. The boy loved the sound of his own voice.

“I didn’t tell him about the sex or anything, I just mentioned that I had expressed my feelings for you. Matt stood by his word and I don’t blame him, it would have been worse if I tried to keep a relationship with you when I was getting used to this lifestyle... but now I know how to balance it.”

“What are you saying?”

Alex stared at me, as if he didn’t understand why I was questioning him. I knew what he was saying -- Matt would be okay with us dating, and Alex thought that it could work. I just needed time to think over how to reply to the question I knew he was going to ask me.

“That it’d be okay for us to try to, I dunno, go for it? Hell, I think that’s the only thing that had me keeping my head on right.”

I rolled my eyes, “No.”

“Camryn.”

I glanced up from my sketchbook, “No.”

“Do you not like me anymore?”

“I’m pissed at you. You should have told me, regardless of whatever you felt... I should have known.”

“You’re right.”

“Oh, am I?”

I turned to look at him, not expecting him to agree with me right off the bat. As I turned, he slipped one of his hands over my lower back and the other behind my neck. He drew me closer to him, before placing a kiss on my neck. I was about to make a remark when he pressed his lips to my own, without thinking I let myself slip into the kiss. My fingers clenched his hair, I kept myself from frowning when he removed his mouth from mine.

“Tell me you didn’t feel anything.”

“I didn’t.”

“Then why did you kiss me back?”

I wanted to look away from that smile that sent all of the girls wild, but I knew he would only think that I was lying to him. Tilting my chin up, I kept my eyes on his. I willed myself to not let my words falter, I spoke almost evenly.

“Haven’t been kissed for awhile,” I shrugged, “like four years.”

“You never had a boyfriend after me?”

“We weren’t a couple,” I stated, looking back at my sketchbook.

“Well, you know what I mean,” he brushed my hair off of my shoulders so it fell by my neck, “you’re so beautiful, too kind to not have had a boyfriend.”

“You kinda turned me off of men.”

His eyes widened.

“No. Not what you’re thinking, freakin’ perv.”

The ocean breeze stirred my hair and threatened to turn the page of my sketchbook. I closed it and sat back up, looking at Alex.

“Maybe...”

He took my hands and smiled, “I won’t make you regret that. Come on.”

I allowed Alex to pull me to my feet, I snatched up my belongings and stuffed them into my small bag. He still had grip on one of my hands, but he pointed for me to put my bag down. Making a confused face, I did. Alex picked me up and ran towards the water, I started smacking him but he didn’t stop.

I sucked in my breath when my body hit the waves. I came back up and glared at him, he couldn’t control his laughter. With a sly smile I ducked back under the water, tugging at his trunks until they were in my hands, I waded away, kicking up as much water as I could.

“Cam, that’s not funny.”

“It is.”

“Camryn!” he yelled.

I turned around and tossed the trunks back at him, “What makes you think throwing me in the water is going to make me date you?”

He smiled at me, “I always used to do it to you, you should have saw it coming.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Apparently my story sucks... lost a subscriber. Ugh.

Anyone have any negative comments to help me fix whatever is wrong?