Like You and I are Finally Gonna get it Right

I Hope Your Queen was Worth it

It seemed like forever before the bus came to a stop. Alex got up from his place beside me and paused the game, telling me to wait while he went to ask if we were stopping to have a break off of the bus. He came back in a minute or two later and shut off the game system and the flat screen, taking the remote from my hands and pulling me towards the front of the bus.

“Are you and Cam going to join us at the diner?” Jack asked, smiling.

“Uh no, we’re going to take a walk... she’s not used to being stuck in the bus. You remember how hard it was when we first started, we’ll pick up some subs or something before we get back on,” Alex waved at them and led me off of the bus.

I smiled as the fresh air hit my face, closing my eyes and taking in the sound of my feet against the pavement. Alex put his arm around my shoulders, steering me towards the center of town. He made sure he didn’t look at anyone too long beneath his beanie and sunglasses, I knew he didn’t feel like dealing with fans right now, he could sense me losing myself again.

When we came upon a park, Alex instantly decided it was the place to go; sliding his hand down my arm and lacing his fingers with mine, tugging me towards one of the benches farthest away from the jungle gym. I plopped down next to him, leaning against his firm frame.

“It’s just us now, Camryn.”

“I know.”

“Just let it all out now, okay? Let it all out.”

My face was buried in his neck as I wrapped my arms around his waist, seeking his comfort as I let out the frustrated tears that have been building up. The tears that had more to do with the fear of what wrath my brother was going to cower Alex and I under now that he knew about the past. Worst of all, I wasn’t looking forward to a probable call from my parents, a scolded conversation that would leave me broken, leave me without anyone’s trust. I just wanted to have a normal summer before college, I wanted to go to parties and watch sluts get wasted and make a fool out of themselves. But no, I was on tour with All Time Low -- with my ex who I could never find myself over as much as I despised him and my hateful, once compassionate, brother.

~~

We ended up in the middle of Arizona the next time the bus stopped, in the parking lot of the venue. Vinny was staring at me as I rubbed my eyes, not appreciating that he has woken me up before everyone else. I scooted out of my bunk and crossed my arms, waiting for him to give me an explanation.

“Get some food in that flat tummy of yours and then we are on our way!”

“Our way for what?” still groggy, I stifled a yawn.

“Uh, we’re merchers Cam. We don’t get to sleep in until set time, we get to lug those totes to our spot and set up tent. We get to deal with little teenies and point at a sign whenever they ask when they can meet the boys.”

“Oh lord.”

Sleep was another thing this summer was going to be lacking, of course I still got my full dose of bitchy teenagers. This summer just kept getting better and better. I put on a smile for Vinny so he would get out of my face. Snatching up my book bag I went into the small bus bathroom. I placed the bag down on the toilet and looked at my reflection.

“You look like shit, Cam,” I told myself as I looked over the redness of my eyes from crying and the bags that were a deep enough color make me look abused, “cold water and concealer will not help you out today. College is gonna blow.”

Without another word I got busy trying to make myself look presentable. Yeah, I was going to be sitting out in the heat under some cheap vinyl tent and not get a burn, but I was still going to sweat. I smiled as I checked the labels, thank god for waterproof makeup. After pulling on the outfit I had hung up in the bathroom, to save myself from hours of trying to chose in the morning with my indecisive mind, I started messing with my hair. My bag couldn’t have saved me, I always failed at hair products, but Jack and Alex had enough for a girl with the nastiest most uncooperative hair.

Vinny banged on the door, “Do I need to wake you up earlier next stop, drama queen? You’re hot, get over it and stop staring at the mirror, we’ve got stuff to do!”

“No, I’ll be out in a sec. Let me sleep,” I grumbled, pushing back the door and smiling at him before taking the small box of cereal he handed me.

“Thick eyeliner and red lipstick, wow Cammy.”

“Cam.”

“You’ve seriously grown up... it’s hard to believe.”

I rolled my eyes and tossed the bits of cereal in my mouth as I followed him to the compartment with all of the totes. Dazed, I watched him pull out over a dozen and put more than half of them back. He looked up at me, analyzing my body. I was about to make a snyde remark but he spoke before I had a chance.

“I’ll have a security guard or something help me, just go find an empty space by a tent and put this there,” he handed me a small tote, “the tent is in there, I’ll set it up when I get over there and show you how so you can do it from now on. I don’t want you to get hurt first day on the job!”

“Okay Vin.”

“Vinny.”

I smiled, despite myself, and made my trek out of the parking lot to the actual concert grounds. A couple people stopped me, other’s noticed my stupid ID before I had the chance to repeat what Matt had told me to before we even left Zack’s. I am Camryn Flyzik, I’m part of the crew for All Time Low, if you have any concerns their manager Matthew Flyzik. . I would feel like such a child muttering that nonsense.

~~

Vinny motioned for me to take the group of girls that had approached the tent as he continued his conversation with his actual boss, Marky. I was jealous, I had no idea what to say to the man who occasionally sent my brother free clothing, which he gave to me. My smile was partially fake as I approached the girls, but it was all forced as they babbled at me.

“Um, are you new or something? I thought Vinny did merch.”

“He’s with Marky at the moment,” I nodded my head behind me, “and yeah, I’m new to the crew.”

“Oh,” the shortest girl said, “could you like, help us meet Alex? He’s such a god, I mean, you know how it was when you first met him... you have to share that experience.”

I was like eleven when I met him... I knew the words in my head were not the ones to say aloud. So I kept up that fake perky smile and looked down at the girl that was probably a year or two younger than me.

“No can do.”

“It’s my dream to meet them.”

“They’re signing at 6:30 at the Glamour Kills tent, get in line.”

“Will you get us a spot?”

I rolled my eyes, “So what merch are you guys interested in?” I waved at the wrack behind me, “we’ve got every size at the moment, the smalls go out fast, Vinny says anyway.”

“We’re here to get gossi--oh my god!”

“No way! You totally lied to us, I don’t like you new merch girl.”

My brows met as the group of girls turned their expressions to excitement, I turned around to see if Vinny was finally done with Marky, but I was just met by Alex’s face. Oh great. He took me into his arms and kissed my forehead.

“How’s it going, Camryn?”

“Kinda trying to deal with fans right now,” I said through clenched teeth.

He looked over at the group of girls, “Don’t give this chick a hard time, I wouldn’t appreciate it. Cam’s the best, she doesn’t deserve some girls picking at her brain.”

“We just wanted to meet you,” the one said.

“Well you did, so if you don’t want anything from the tent, move along!”

I stared up at him, “Don’t be rude to your fans! They’ll spread nasty rumors about you, you don’t want that at all Alex.”

“They were being rude to you, though.”

My face was blank as I looked up at him, he truly was a changed man.