Cursing at the Wind

Chapter 3

2010 Winter Olympics
A total of six Chicago Blackhawks were participating in the Olympic games. Jonathan, Duncan and Brent were playing for Canada, Kaner for USA and Marian and Tomas for Slovakia.

Sharpy and Adrienne had been going strong for a month now. Their relationship was moving forward but at an incredibly slow pace. There were few times Sharpy got somewhere but most of the time Adrienne would stop him, sometimes tears involved. Every time he tried to get her to tell him what was wrong and every time she told him she wouldn’t. He would drop it though because he didn’t want to upset her anymore than she already was. He really cared about her and was determined to make it work even though they had a great age difference working against them.

They were in the Olympic village right now with Duncan, Jonathan and Patrick.

"I'm gonna go dress up like a snowboarder and get photo-shopped into a picture," Patrick said.
"Any takers?"
"I'll go so I can laugh at you," Jonathan said.
"I'm with you," Duncan said.
"I guess we'll see you guys around then," Sharpy said as they guys walked off. "Is there anything you want to do?" he asked Adrienne.
"Why don't we ride one of those skyline carts?"

He put his arm around her.

"Skyline it is."

It was a short walk to the skyline boarding station and when they got there Sharpy was mobbed by a group of hockey fans.

"Patrick can we have your autograph?" a young kid asked.
"Of course."

Adrienne smiled as she watched him interact with the kids.

"All right, you guys have a good day," Sharpy said as he sent the kids off. "Sorry about that."
"It doesn't bother me."

They boarded the cart and started up the mountain.

"Are you cold?" Sharpy asked Adrienne when he saw her tighten her arms around her body.
"We're on top of a mountain Sharpy, what do you think?"
"Oh sarcasm, I like it."
"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to come out with such venom."
"Venom, you are too smart for me."
"Don't say that."

He smiled and put his arms around her.

"Better?" he asked.
"Better."

He kissed the top of her head, Adrienne looking up at him so he could kiss her and he did. One quick kiss led to a longer one and they were soon making out hundreds of feet above the ground. He unzipped the front of her jacket and slipped his hands underneath her shirt. She wasn't stopping him, a good sign. He wasn't going to try to have sex with her up here but he was going to try to go a little further than usual.

Adrienne pushed his jacket off of him and moved her mouth from his lips to his neck. He ran his hand down the front of her body and grabbed onto the waistline of her jeans. Without a problem he undid the button and pulled her pants low enough to give his hand access.
"Baby I'm going to make you feel good," he said to her as he started massaging her with his fingers.

She grabbed the back of his head and brought him down to kiss her. He thought things were running smooth until he looked up at her and noticed she was crying.

"Adrienne what's wrong?" he asked, helping her pull her pants back up.

She couldn't get two words out; her tears were coming down too hard.

"Man Adrienne I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do anything you didn't want me to."
"I did want you to, that's what bothers me."
"Then why are you like this?"

She buried her face in her hands.

"You know I can't tell you."
"Why not? We've been together for a month and every time we try to go a little farther you end up like this. What the hell am I doing?"
"I told you it's not you."
"A little hard for me to believe that when I'm the one making you cry. I don't want to see you like this anymore Adrienne."

She stayed silent and just stared out the window the rest of the way.

"I'm going back to the hotel," Adrienne said when they got off the skyline.
"I'll come with you."
"I just want to be alone."

She turned and started back towards the Olympic village.

Sharpy walked around for hours just thinking about what it could be that had Adrienne so bothered. She couldn't be surprised, she couldn't be forced to do anything and going too far in a sexual situation always drove her to tears. It all finally came together and he couldn't believe he hadn't figured it out sooner.

He ran the whole way back to the hotel, needing to get to her and put his arms around her.

"Hey Sharpy why are you in such a hurry?" Jonathan asked when he spotted Sharpy in the lobby.
"I need to see Adrienne."
"She was just having coffee with us but she went back upstairs."
"Thanks."

Sharpy rushed up the stairs and down the hall to his room.

When he walked into the room he was so out of breath Adrienne was worried.

"Are you ok?" she asked, sitting up on the bed.
"I know."
"Know what?"
"I know what happened to you. I know you were...raped."

Her face went pale and her eyes instantly watered.

"Did Jonathan tell you?"
"No, I figured it out on my own."

She was silent for a second before a wave of tears fell. Sharpy rushed to her side and put his arms around her.

"I'm sorry I kept it from you, I just didn't want you to look at me differently."
"I never would. It was something you couldn't control."
"Patrick I want to do everything with you, I really do, but every time we're close I flash back to the night it happened and I just freak out."
"It's ok. We won't do anything until you're ready. We won't even kiss if you don't want to."
"I do though, I really do."
"Come on."

He lay back and pulled her down with him.

"The guy that did it, was he your boyfriend?"
"I didn't even know him but after it happened he was everywhere."
"What's his name?"
"Alan Baker. I'll never forget his name or his face."

Sharpy sighed and pulled her close to him.

"I'll make you forget him, I promise."

A short while later there was a knock on the door.

"It's Jonathan."

Sharpy opened the door.

"What's up?"
"Just wanted to say goodnight. Where’s Adrienne?"
"She fell asleep a few minutes ago."
“So what was with the rush earlier?”
“I had to talk to her.”
“You figured it out didn’t you?”
“Yeah and I want to kill the guy that did it to her."
"So did I but she told me all she wants is to forget what happened. If we interfere it will only make things worse for her."

Sharpy sighed.

“Sitting and doing nothing is really going to get at me.”
“But you're not going to be doing nothing. You are going to help her through this. She's the one that needs your attention, not the dick that did this.”
“Yeah, you're right.”
“All right well game time is six so don’t be late.”
“We won't be. Night man.”
“Night.”

Sharpy closed the door and went back to bed, lying down next to Adrienne and looking at her. She slept peacefully, one hand gripping the sheets tightly. He gently grabbed her hand and smoothed out her fingers so they rested on his. Within seconds her fingers closed over his and she let out a deep breath.

Sharpy couldn’t help but smile, everything about her seemed so cute right then. With his free hand he reached over and shut the light off soon joining Adrienne in slumber.
The Olympics were one week down and Canada was doing great. They had completely annihilated Norway in an 8-0 game and beat Switzerland with a tight 3-2 win. It was now Sunday and the Canada vs. USA game was underway.

“God this is not good,” Adrienne said as Team USA scored yet another goal, putting them two over Team Canada.
“There's thirteen minutes left in the game, plenty of time to turn it around,” Sharpy said to her.

Unfortunately they didn’t and Canada lost to USA in a 5-3 game.

“Jonathan isn’t going to be happy,” Adrienne said as they walked towards the locker room.

They waited outside for the guys to come out, Brent and Duncan coming first with Sidney Crosby.

“Good game guys,” Sharpy said.
“We blowed,” Brent said.
“You had an off-day; you’ll pick it up again.”
“That was a great goal at the end there Sidney,” Adrienne said.
“Thanks, too bad it wasn’t enough.”
“I'm sure you’ll get them next time.”

Jonathan finally walked out with angry look on his face.

“It’s just one game J, you’ll be fine,” Adrienne said.
“Don’t try any of the happy-go-lucky stuff with me now Adrienne. I'm not in the mood.”
“I'm just trying to make you feel better.”
“Well it's not working. You don’t know what it's like out there.”
“No I don’t but I know when my brother needs cheering up. Sorry for trying to help.”

Now, almost mirroring the same angry look on Jonathan's face, Adrienne stormed out of the locker room area.

“What the fuck man? The last thing she needs is you being a dick to her,” Sharpy said before chasing after Adrienne.

Jonathan shook his head and walked off.
Sharpy caught up to Adrienne just as she walked out of the stadium.

“Adrienne you can't take what he says seriously right now. The Olympics are a big deal.”
“For me it's no different than when he used to play on the pond we had by our house. I'm his sister; he should know everything I do is for him.”
“He knows that.”
“Obviously not.”

Sharpy put his arm around her and started back towards the hotel.

“Look Adrienne, I can honestly say I have never seen a brother care about his sister the way Jonathan cares about you. He would die for you in a second. This is a tough loss for him and he's just frustrated. Sure he did get a little out of line but can you really blame him? His whole country is relying on him and his teammates to win Gold, it's a big deal.”

She sighed and nodded.

“I know. Sometimes I wish I could be on the ice with him and take some of those hits. I know I'd probably leave with every bone in my body broken but it'd beat seeing him get smashed.”
“I happen to think you’d kick ass if you were on the ice.”
“As my boyfriend you have to say that.”
“Boyfriend. You know that’s the first time you officially say that I am right?”
“Thought it was assumed, you know since we spend every second together, sleep in the same bed and publicly make out.”
“Well yeah but I've just never heard you say it.”
“Does it bother you that I did?”
“No, in fact I love it.”

She smiled and crossed her arm over his stomach to hold onto him as they walked back to the hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
More Olympics action in the next chapter and a little Sidney Crosby too.
Hope you enjoyed.