Status: depends...

Shape of My Heart

Chapter Twelve

Buzz. Buzz. I opened my eyes slowly and saw my phone lit up on the bedside table. I groaned and sat up to check what it said.

“Who is texting you at three in the damn morning?” Nick asked and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He sat up next to me.

“Kelsi.” I sighed and opened the message.

Kelsi: I’M FREAKING ENGAGED!

I laughed and replied: I know! I was there! Ha. Now go back to sleep.

“Watch this.” Nick smirked and grabbed his phone. I’m guessing he texted Kelsi, because she texted me no less than a minute later.

Kelsi: Tell Nick to stop being so perverted! Night! X

“What did you say to her?” I demanded and took his phone. I don’t know why Katie told you to go back to sleep. Shouldn’t you two still be doing the nasty? “Nickolas!” I threw his phone at him. “That’s horrible!” I laughed and put my phone back on the bedside table.

“Yeah, whatever.” He laid back down. “Come on.” He patted the area of the bed next to him. I rolled my eyes and laid down next to him, nuzzling a little closer than usual. “Goodnight, Katie.” He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer to him. “I love you.” I nuzzled my head into his chest.

“Goodnight, Nick.” I kissed his chest. “I love you too.”

Kelsi’s P.O.V.

I sighed and tried to go back to sleep. Ten minutes passed and I finally gave in. “AJ.” I whispered and sat up. “Psst! AJ!” I shook him. “AJ!” I yelled this time. AJ jerked upright and rubbed his eyes. “Oh, good you’re awake!” I smiled. “Okay, so I was thinking, for the wedding, we could do like this medieval times theme. You’re all dressed like a prince, and I look like a princess, the bridesmaids can look like the servants, because you know, they had cute dresses too. Oh! And-” AJ cut me off.

“Kelsi. It’s three in the morning.” I sighed.

“And?” I asked and smiled.

“Four more hours sweetie.” He patted my cheek and rolled over to go to sleep.

“Fine. I can wait four hours.” I nodded. “I will wait four hours.” I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling. I couldn’t do this for four hours! I sighed and debated on texting Katie again. The next thing I knew, it was noon the next day, and I was just waking up.

Katie’s P.O.V.

“Katie…” I heard Nick whisper in my ear. “Katie, time to wake up.” He kissed my cheek. I rolled over to face him. “Good afternoon, sleeping beauty.” He smiled and pecked my lips.

“It’s afternoon, already?” I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. “Can we turn the heat on? It’s freezing.” Nick nodded and felt my forehead.

“You were shaking all night, baby. No matter how many blankets I put on you. Are you feeling okay?” Nick asked and kissed my forehead.

“Yeah, I feel fine. Just a little cold, that’s all.” I shrugged and got out of bed. I’m not gonna lie, I was pretty dizzy…

“Are you sure?” Nick looked concerned as I grabbed onto a bedpost for support and nodded.

“I’m fine. I can’t be getting sick two days before tour starts.” I stated. “It’s not allowed.” I walked over to the door and nearly fell over on my way.

“Okay, you’re going back to bed.” Nick said as he caught me. I nodded as he lead me back towards the bed.

“I can still go with you guys on tour, right?” I asked. If I couldn’t this would be the first time in Backstreet Boys history that I didn’t. I was genuinely worried.

“Of course. We get our own buses this time. It’ll just be you and me, and I can perform sick!” Nick smiled, hoping to cheer me up. It worked.

“Good.” I nodded. “I need to pack a few more clothes though!” I started to kick the blankets off me but Nick held me down.

“No, you can do that tomorrow!”

“But-”

“No, buts! Now, lay down, I’ll bring you up some soup, and when you feel better, then you can pack, okay?” I pouted in defeat.

“Fine.” I rolled over and closed my eyes.

~*~

After what seemed like hours, Nick finally brought up my soup.

Finally, I’m starving.” I sat up as Nick placed the tray on my lap. “What took you so long?”

“I forgot to turn the burner on.” He mumbled and coughed awkwardly. I smirked and took a bite of soup. Nick watched closely as if he was making sure I wasn’t going to fall over and die.

“Nick, it’s just a small cold.” I smiled and placed my hand on his cheek gently. “I’ll be okay. Promise.” Nick looked down and nodded.

“I’ve never seen you sick before, and it worries me. You were always at home or in your room with the door locked until you were better.” Nick laughed. “Remember when Aaron tried to come in and see if you were okay when you were sick that one time? You nearly took his head off with your pillow!” I laughed along with Nick.

“Yes! He went running out of the room ‘mommy! Mommy! Katie tried to kill me!’ I had to explain that I didn’t want him to get sick!” I laughed and Nick looked at me with concern on his face. “Nick…”

“I know I shouldn’t worry,” He sighed. “but I can’t help it! You were my best friend for the longest time and now you’re my girlfriend. I can’t just sit back and watch you be sick.”

“You can and you will, Nick.” I stated firmly. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

“At least you’re keeping your soup down. That’s a good sign.” He kissed my forehead. “Still warm… I’m going to get the thermometer.” He jumped up off the bed before I could protest.

“You worry too much!” I called after him and took another bit of my soup. When Nick finally came back with the thermometer, I had finished my soup. “Took ya long enough.” I joked and set the tray aside. He smirked and rolled the thermometer across my forehead.

“One hundred point two.” He read aloud. “You’re staying in bed.”

“I need to pack!”

“I’ll pack for you!” He turned his back to me and began to rummage through my drawers.

“You have horrid taste! You don’t know how to pack girl clothes!” I began to get out of bed.

“Then you tell me yes or no on what you want me to pack.” He picked up a few shirts. “And get back in bed!” My mouth dropped. How did he know I stood up? I flopped back down on the bed and watched as Nick grabbed some more clothes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, you guys! School's just started back, and I've been busy with homework and college applications... yay, senior year! :D Thanks for reading! If you like it, please comment and subscribe! Let me know what you think, okay? I love you all!

XO
Lindsay!