Beauty and the Beast.

"Tale as old as time, true as it can be."

Image


“Scusa, Evangeline . . .”

The quiet call for your attention broke through the peaceful trance you had been in, as you sat there in a frumpy leather chair twirling a rose around in your white gloved hands and humming a treasured melody.

“Hm – oh, Bianchi?” Owlishly, your coal black orbs blinked at her.

As everyone was well aware, you and the “Poison Scorpion” Mafiosa were rather close, but nevertheless it was not often that she managed to seek you out.

“Si, I’ve got something to discuss with you ~” She called uncharacteristically pleasant as she approached you.

“Oh, well . . . I’m listening, Bianchi.” You murmured politely turning your attention to her and no longer gazing mournfully upon the rose.

“I really didn’t – I don’t want to leave you here, Evangeline. But I can’t stand it; I’m going to Japan – to track down Reborn. You of all people should understand that.”

Despite how alone you suddenly felt at the very mention of the departure of your closest friend, a brief smile worked its way upon your lips.

“Ahah, of course I do, Bianchi ~” You replied empathetically as she smiled warmly at you.

“And on that note – I’ve brought you something . . .” To your surprise, Bianchi removed from behind her back a manila folder that she quickly presented to you.

“What’s this?” You replied, gently taking the folder from her grasp.

“Something that would surely be of use to you, Evangeline.” Bianchi began, ruffling your dull pink locks.

“You should be grateful, though. I had to kill this lardass to gain access to it.” She added, sporting a cocky grin the sort of expression you were used to seeing from her.

Although her behavior amused you, the small smile suddenly vanished from your face.

Upon flipping open the folder, you were startled at the playful and somewhat sinister expression that stared up at you.

“Bianchi? But this –” You began in disbelief, tracing the outline of his photographic grin.

“Tch. I feel really stupid that I didn’t realize who he was before – that he was so important to the family. Even when you’ve been searching for him all this time . . .” Bianchi trailed off, her eyes softening as she watched you.

You were numb to her rambles however your mind unable to concentrate on anything but the boy from your childhood – your macabre prince.

Belphegor . . .” You whispered and suddenly – you felt like you’d be perfectly fine, whether or not your best friend left the country.