Beauty and the Beast.

"Tale as old as time, tune as old as song."

Image


It was to be expected.

After all, something bad always happens to the prince that turns out to betray the princess.

"Ah, adverse reaction. . .the prince has become the frog~?"

Although, you weren't entirely sure if you were hallucinating due to how tired you currently were from your journey home, or if your eyes were simply allowing you to fulfill your guilty habit of wishful thinking.

Either way, in your opinion there was definitely a frog with a comically large cranium standing within the doorway.

". . .What?" The amphibian questioned dully.

At this you were sure of two more things:

One - Belphegor seemed to have hit puberty judging by the new-found and extremely deep tone of his voice.

Two - It was odd that as a frog his princely lips did not move.

"Belphegor, dear, it's most improper to go against the natural flow of fairy tales." You chided lazily, a teasing smile finding its way to your lips.

"Belphegor -- ? Look, lady, I'm sure that this ugly hat resembles that phony prince's face quite a lot, but it's not him. Neither am I, just to be clear." The same lackluster tone replied.

It was then that you saw it, the face of the rather tall man who had been holding an abnormally huge frog-faced hat.

He was beautiful, but he was not Bel.

And thus, you cursed your small-stature and sudden case of drowsy stupidity.