Beauty and the Beast.

"Certain as the sun, rising in the east."

Image


Of course he loved you.

Why else would he have saw fit to intervene the day of your arranged marriage to none other than his twin brother, Rasiel?

"So you've been searching for me all this time, Queenie?" Belphegor inquired suddenly, his tone taunting.

You immediately flinched at the use of an old nickname.

"So you've been taking orders from Xanxus like some sort of commoner servant all of this time, love?" You countered, satisfied as the prince writhed about in his seat at your audacity.

"The prince takes orders from no one, he simply enjoys the bloodshed of those beneath him." Belphegor assured you, his grin never faltering.

"You'd take orders from Siel if he was here!" You spouted confidently.

"ShiShi, obviously Siel is still alive and yet, the prince still surpasses the would-be king!" Belphegor bellowed defiantly.

". . .Siel is alive?" You squeaked, rage temporarily subsiding.

It hadn't occurred to you that Siel had also been able to survive the slaughter of royal blood by Belphegor's lanky hands.

"Yes, why not go crawling back to the one that truly cares for you? Run along, Queenie. The prince tires of you, ushi, and won't at all mind to let such an uninteresting woman go." Belphegor insisted with a wave of his hand.

You distinctly noticed Squalo twitch at the mention of you being just a "woman."

Despite how embarrassing it was to let Belphegor talk to you like some sort of peasant in front of everyone, you managed to keep your composure.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me why you did it, Belphegor. Because I'll have you know that I am not simply just some woman, I am Lady Evangeline: The Regina Rossa and I deserve an answer."