Status: oneshot

Gone

Loved Loss

“No, no he can’t be.” I shook my head violently as I wrapped my arms around my torso. Tears started welling up in my eyes and fell freely, not caring.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Russo.” The doctor squeezed my shoulder then walked away. I fell to my knees.

“Oh, Lizzie.” My mom said as she knelt down by me and took me into her arms, which made me cry even harder. I grabbed onto my mom’s shirt and cried into her shoulder.

“Mom, why’d he have to go!?” I yelled as I stood up. Everyone in the hospital was staring. I looked at my dad. He just sat there, not a single emotion on his face. I walked over to him and slapped him across his face.

“Are you happy, daddy? You got your wish! That piece of shit as you call him is out of my life for good. I fucking hate you.” He didn’t say anything. I wiped my eye and walked out of the hospital, getting in my car and going to the nearest liquor store. An hour later I was walking along the park, where we had first met, with a half empty bottle of cherry vodka dangling from my fingers. I walked over to the very spot Zack had proposed to me, and lied down, staring at the sun.

Tears started to fall down my cheeks freely now and I didn’t even bother to wipe them. He is dead. He’s not here anymore. He’s not going to be here to hold me when I am upset over something stupid that happened at work. He won’t be here to make me laugh or smile anymore. I won’t ever get to make love to him anymore. I won’t ever get to feel his chest heave and his breath down my neck as he hits his climax. And worst of all, I won’t be able to hear him say that he loves me.

I took another gulp of vodka, getting it all over my face in the process.

“I won’t ever see those eyes…”

We had married young, him 23, me 21, and I knew he had cancer. He had no job or degree but I didn’t care. I loved him. My father didn’t like him, well more like he hated him. He thought he was bringing me down from my career and life.

I moved to my side, the bottle tucked into my arms, spilling a little bit. He’s not going to be here anymore. He’s gone. He’s never coming back. What am I going to do without him?

A huge sob escaped, making me clutch my bottle harder. My whole face was wet from tears and my chest hurt from the pain of crying and loss.

“Why did you have to die!?” I cried. I sat up abruptly and downed the rest of my vodka. The liquid burned my throat and made me feel hot. I sat the bottle down and then laid on my back and looked up at the sky, just staring at it. Tears still fell and my chest heaved from crying.

Soon the sun was setting and I hadn’t moved from that spot. I closed my eyes and before I knew it someone was lifting me up and put me in a car.

“Watch her head, Harold.” A voice that sounded like my mom, scolded. Soon, I found myself lying in my bed with the covers being draped over me. I felt someone move strands of hair out of my face, my eyes still lazily closed.

“I love you, Lizzie. I never wanted you to go through this. I’m sorry.” My dad said. I heard him sniffle and get up, walking out of my bedroom. My eye fluttered open and was automatically met with a picture of Zack and I at the park. His white teeth were shone through that magical smile that I fell in love with and me resting my head on his shoulder, smiling as well, enjoying a picnic for out sixth month anniversary. A tear fell down my cheek. I closed my eyes, trying to go to sleep forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Word count: 690