Life of Illusion

Aline's Adventures in Sutton Park

I did in fact join the Phelp's for breakfast and, looked at the black sausage thing on my plate. “What is this?” I asked, poking it with the fork. “Is it overcooked?”

“It's black pudding.” James answered, smiling. “Try it.”

“But, what is it made of?”

“Just try it, and we'll tell you.”

“Something tells me that I'm not going to enjoy it after I know what it is.” I scrunched up my nose, bringing it up to my mouth. I took a bite, almost gagging. But, I still chewed and swallowed, “I'm sorry, but that was terrible.”

The twins were laughing at the face that I made, “It's made of pig blood and fat.”

“Gross!” I exclaimed, drinking the juice in front of me. “I'm sorry, but, ew. Ew. Ew.” My reaction had now caused the whole table to being laughing, I pushed the black pudding to the edge of my plate, not wanting it to taint the rest of my food.

Besides the gross sausage thing, the rest of breakfast was really delicious. Even the 'brown sauce' that James and Oliver insist that I try. Apparently, it's like steak sauce, but for your cooked breakfast.

They warned my not to put it on my cereal. As if.

“So.” I started as I helped clear the table with James and Oliver. “I was thinking, since you've lived here your whole life, and I've just moved, you could show me around the town.”

“That's a brilliant idea!” Susan cooed, “You two can show her around, get to know each other better.”

“We already know she jumps a lot.” James and Oliver said.

“Seriously, how do you do that?”

“Magic.” They joked.

“Ha. Ha.” I said sarcastically, “You're so funny.”

“Glad you think so.” James flashed a grin. “But, yeah, we'll show you around Sutton. We'll go to Sutton Park first.”

“Cool. I like parks. Let me grab my camera and change, then we can go.” I ran over to my house, changing into carpis, a teal shirt and pulled on my old and beat up converse. I grabbed my bag and camera, putting on my usual jewelry and light make up.

“You look absolutely adorable.” Susan greeted, with a large smile. She was definitely a cheery woman, and it made me smile back. James and Oliver pushed gently passes their mother, seemingly excited.

“Okay, but if we do this, you're watching Harry Potter.”

“Fine.” I said, rolling my eyes at them. I held up my camera, “We're getting a bunch of pictures.”

“I think you'll really like Sutton Park. It's so big, though, so I doubt we'll get through it all.” James explained, opening the driver's side door.

“No! I want to drive.” Oliver protested.

“Yeah right, you'd crash us into a tree.” James stuck his tongue out at Oliver.

“How about Ollie drives on the way back?” I asked, getting in the back.

“Ollie?” Oliver scrunched up his face, apparently not liking the nickname.

“You don't like that?”

“Not in particular.”

“Too bad, you're Ollie now.” I shrugged as James started the car. “This will be good. I've never been on the wrong side of the road before.”

“To us, the way you drive in America is the 'wrong side' of the road.” James said smartly, looking back at me in the mirror.

“Details.” I scoffed, waving my hand.

Arriving at the park, I literally hopped out of the car. “Park!” I shouted, laughing, earning some strange looks from people, “I guess, even in England, people look at you when you shout.”

“It's because you're weird, not because you shouted.” Oliver pointed out. “Only little kids get excited about parks. How old are you?”

“23.” I stated proudly.

“23 and still excited about parks.” James shook his head, disappointed.

I shrugged, starting to walk aimlessly. “It's really windy today.” I mentioned, the wind whipping my ponytail and bangs every which way. “Is it always this windy?”

“Mainly in November.” James said as I shivered. “Are you cold?”

“A little. I should have brought a jacket.” I said, snapping a few pictures. James paused, pulling off his sweater, revealing a long sleeve black shirt underneath.

“Here.” He said, handing the jacket to me.

“But, won't you be cold?” I asked, looking up at James. “Geez, you're tall.” I added.

James laughed briefly, “No, I'm fine.” He shrugged, “And maybe you're just short.”

“Get a room, you two. Seriously, I'm going to vomit.” Oliver jumped in. I felt a blush creep on my cheeks at his comment.

“I'm just being nice.” James defended, I busied myself with looking at an informational sign.

“Oh! They have cattle! Let's go see them!” I jabbed my finger at the sign, landing on the cattle range. The sleeves of Jame's sweater were way too long, only the tip of my finger was showing.

“You don't have to kill the sign, Aline.” Oliver laughed.

“Yeah, what did it ever do to you?” James asked, feeling offended for the sign.

“It looked at me funny.” I answered, glaring at the sign.

“Oh, it's on, sign!” James started threateningly at the sign, but stopped a couple feet from it. “I think the cows are that way.” He said, pointing to he left.

“What's you're favorite animal, James?” I asked as we started walking.

“Uhhh, I don't know.” James started, “I haven't really thought about it.”

“What about you, Ollie?”

“That's sticking, is it?” He sighed, looking up at the sky. “I guess...I like cats.”

“But as your favorite?” I asked.

He shrugged, “I haven't really thought about it either. I think only the ladies do that.”

“Pshhh, whatever. Anyway, I like giraffes.” I answered my own question. We walked a little more, every once in a while I would snap another picture, and we made small talk.

“So,” I said, looking at all the cows, inching closer. “The second part to the Deathly Hallows came out in July, what are you going to do now.”

“Well, since we just came back from release parties and promoting, I plan on just hanging out for a bit, relaxing.” James answered, stepping over a large water puddle.

“I plan on doing the same, maybe go to university.”

“Now that you're in England, what are you going to do?” They asked together.

I shook my head, “I have no idea.” I smiled, leaning against the fence to the cow grazing field. “I'm just going to wing it.” I took a few more pictures before lowering the camera.

“You didn't plan anything?”

“I don't really ever plan anything.” I shrugged, “I follow my instincts.” Then I got a brilliant idea, “I want to pet a cow.” I said.

“There's some close the the fence over there.”

“Let's jump the fence.” I suggested, looking up at the two twins. “It'll be fun.”

“We'll also get kicked out of the park.” Oliver laughed at the suggestion, as if I wasn't actually serious.

“I'm serious.” I said, pulling myself over the top of the fence. I landed with a soft thump on the other side. “Come on!” I urged.

“Fine.” James climbed effortlessly over, and landed next to me. Which just left Oliver. “Come on, Ollie.”

“Not you, too, James.” Oliver groaned, “Fine, but when we get kicked out, I'll--”

“What Ollie?” I teased, “What will you do?”

“I don't know yet.” He huffed, easing over the fence.

We had just started to pet one of the cows when a police officer shouted from the other side of the fence. “Shoot!” I laughed, walking the edge of the fence to not startle the cows. Unfortunately, there was another cop on the side we climbed over.

After a ten minute lecture, we were asked to leave the park.

“Well, that's a bummer.” I pouted as Oliver drove us back to their house.

“Why don't we go get some ice cream instead?” I asked.

“We could go get some horlicks!” James exclaimed.

“I'm sorry, what?” I asked, fearing that I heard wrong.

“Let's see....what would they be to an American...” Oliver thought out loud. “Malted milk shake?” He wondered aloud.

“How do you know so much about American slang?” I asked, leaning up in the space between the two front seats.

“Harry Potter premiers and promoting.” They said.

“Well, that's helpful. You'll have to teach me some more later. But, sure...let's go get some horlicks.”

“It sounds weird when you say it.” Oliver mentioned, “Stick to milkshake.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aline's outfit

So, I'm really really excited for this story.
Like, for real.
It's going to be really great.
I'm not going to give anything away, but it gets pretty intense.
:/

Today, I watched the J.K. Rowling story on Lifetime.
It was really good.
I cried.

Peace. Love. Weasley.
Sara Michelle