Life of Illusion

The Twins, the Girl, and the Movie

“Ahhh.” I stretched my arms above my head, stomach content at the milkshake settling in it. “What else is there to do around this quaint little place?” I asked James and Oliver.

“We could go up to Burmingham...” Oliver suggested.

“You can take pictures of fancy buildings.”

I yawned, “On second thought, let's go and watch Harry Potter. I kind of want to see how young you looked. How old were you?”

“Uhhh...fifteen by the time it came out in theaters.” James answered.

“Let's go.” I said definitely, “I really feel like I need to see this.”

“Sure.” Oliver laughed as we got back in his car.



“Back so soon?” Susan asked.

“Uhh...yes.” I nodded, not offering up any more detail than that.

“We're going to watch Harry Potter since chucklehead here hasn't seen them.” Oliver told his mother, pointing to me.

“What kind of rock were you hiding under?” Susan asked, surprised. I smiled at how close we were already.

“Not rocks, books.” I said, “I don't see why I can't live with my imagination. I think I just didn't want my image of the characters to be ruined by the movies.”

“We didn't ruin anything!” They exclaimed.

“Not a bit. You are perfect Weasley twins.” I laughed.

Oliver put in the movie while I sat in the middle of the couch, a twin on each side of me. “It's a little bit before we show up, but it's worth it.” He joked cockily.

“Okay, wait. Who plays who?”

“I play Fred.” James said.

“And I play George, obviously.” Oliver informed.

I turned to James, “I'm so sorry.”

“What?”

“You died.” I frowned, “And I was so upset. I mean...I cried! Fred and George are my favorite characters....and then...she just offs one of them!” I explained. “I had to stop reading the book for a little bit.”

“I was pretty gutted, as well.” James agreed. “I was one a bullet train in Japan and the moment I read that part, the guy comes up and asked for my ticket. I was like, 'I just died, mate, leave me alone!'”

I laughed, though there was nothing humorous about Fred dying. “So, how was that for you then, Ollie? Filming it?”

Oliver shrugged, “It was strange, seeing him all cold and stiff and the like. So strange...and emotionally draining. I mean, all I could think about was if it was actually James.” He frowned.

“That must have been hard.” I said sympathetically.

“It was.”

I tried focusing on the movie, but honestly, I was zoning in and out. I don't know what it was about movies and television shows, but they never ever held my attention. I mean, when I was younger, I only watched television as a mode to put to to sleep.

I just didn't like my mind being inactive like it always was when watching something on a screen. I didn't like focusing on something that didn't make you think.

“We're almost there.” James pointed out to me. I don't know if he knew I was zoning out, or what, but at that moment, I focused.

“OH MY GOODNESS!” I exclaimed, “Is that really you?” I asked, whipping my head back and forth to look at the two. The twins nodded, proud. “You're adorable!” I cooed, pinching each of their cheeks and shaking their heads a bit.

“Ow. Ow. Ow.” They chanted in unison, until I let go of their cheeks. “That hurt.”

“Goodness, what on earth happened?” I said, staring in wonder at the screen, “You were so cute.”

“Hey!” They protested, looking appalled.

“All I'm saying is, you turned out much much better looking...?” I gave them my most innocent toothy smile. They narrowed their eyes at me, like they didn't believe me for a second. With one pointed look at each other, they looked back down at me, “What are you up to?” I asked, seeing the scheming in their eyes.

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” They said, turning back towards the movie. I tensed up, pulling my knees up to my chin, they were definitely up to something. I actually focused on the movie, to keep from getting overly suspicious of the two mischievous men sitting on either side of me.

Quirrel was shouting about the troll when it happened.

Oliver took my legs, while James had me up under the armpits. They drug me off the couch and started swinging me. “Guys!” I shouted, but all the while laughing, “What are you doing?”

“Punishment.” They said together, while I squirmed helplessly.

“You act like you're children!” I shouted to them as James tossed me over Oliver's shoulder. “PUT. ME. DOWN!” I slapped on Oliver's back.

“Like you're one to talk!” The twins laughed.

“What's going on in here?” Susan appeared from her study, “What are you doing, Oliver?” She asked.

“She said we were ugly.” Oliver shrugged the shoulder I was on, causing me to bounce, I made a squeaky noise.

“I did not! I just asked what happened between the time you were fifteen and now, that's all.” I tried to explain. “I didn't say you were ugly.”

“I heard her loud and clear.” James said smugly, “Said we were ugly as sin, mum.” He shook his head in disappointment.

“I didn't!” I insisted, starting to get dizzy from hanging upside down, the baggy collar of James sweater covering up to my nose.

“Take it back.” Oliver nudged me once more.

“No.” I rejected, kicking my feet out a little. I tried leaning up a little to look at Susan in hopes of help, but she was just leaning against the door frame with a goofy grin on her face.

“Do it or I'll--” Oliver stopped, searching for something to say.

“Tickle you.”

“No, don't!” I burst out, then realizing I should have probably denied the fact that I was even ticklish in the first place. I'm really ticklish.

“Oh, ho, ho.” Oliver let out, with a smirk on his face, I could tell. “You don't like that idea? Then maybe that's exactly what we'll do.”

“No! Not the tickling! Anything but the tickling!” I pleaded.

“Say that we're the most handsome set of twins you've ever seen in your life.” They said.

I huffed, “Fine. You two are the most handsome set of twins I've ever laid my eyes on.” I muttered grudgingly.

“Like you mean it.” They responded.

“You know, I think I like the characters Fred and George better.” I pouted.

After I gave a satisfactory recitation of their lines, I was set back down on the couch, just in time for my phone to ring.

“Hello?” I answered, walking from the living room.

“Yes, good evening, is this Ms. Kingston.” A deep, rumbling voice asked.

“Yes, this is her.” I spoke in my best professional voice.

“Yes, this is Mr. Holster from coffee house. We received your application, and we'd be interested in meeting with you for the job.”

“Really?” I said, giddy, “yes, sir, that would be great.”

“What would be an appropriate time to meet, then?”

“Any time convenient for you, sir.”

“How about tomorrow at noon?” He asked.

“That would be absolutely perfect, sir.”

“Excellent. See you tomorrow, then, Ms. Kingston.” He said, after the end of phone conversation formalities, the line went dead.

“YES!” I shouted triumphantly.

“What's this, they finally sending you to the funny farm?” James asked, smirking.

“Ha. No.” I said a little sassy, sticking my tongue out. “Guess who just got offered an interview for a job.”

“I'm going to go with you.” James nodded.

“Yes. At the coffee house just down the street.”

“Oh, poor Mr. Holster will have a great time with you.” Oliver started laughing.

“Poor?” I raised an eyebrow in his direction, “He's a very lucky man, Mr. Holster.”

“I think I feel more sorry for his son.” James gave a funny look, “poor bloke will want to rip his hair out first day--”

“--first hour--” Oliver corrected.

“--You're on the job.” James finished.

I stuck out my bottom lip, “I'll have you know, I can be professional when I want to.”

“We'll believe it when we see it.” They laughed. My bottom lip just jutted out further. I never will win with these two always ganging up on me.

But still, I smiled, I don't think I've ever made a friend this quickly, and there were even two! And to think, all I needed to do was move halfway around the world. Duly noted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Time for another update!
YES!

First thing: Watch this!
Second thing: I love you all.
You're awesome for reading/commenting/subscribing.
Keep it up.
You rock!

Peace. Love. Weasley.
Sara Michelle.
P.S. I need a new 'catchphrase' for this story...any suggestions?