Life of Illusion

Interior Decorating for Dummies

“So, I noticed your hair isn't ginger anymore.” I commented as we walked into the store, some random knick knack and hobby store. It was actually pretty interesting.

“Nope. We finally got around to changing it back our natural color.” James answered. “I don't know why it took so long, the movie came out in July, and we finished filming way before that. Everyone said we should keep it.”

“Maybe they just didn't want to see it go. I mean, it looked pretty good on you if I do say so myself.” I mentioned, patting their heads as I walked in between them. “Or maybe you two just didn't want to dye it.”

“That's not the case.” Oliver denied.

“Admit it, after a decade, you've gotten attached.” I wandered with them through the aisles, finally getting to the one I wanted, the picture frames. “I mean, it would be hard not to, you know.”

“Okay, fine. We like being gingers.” They answered.

“You just like being the Weasley twins.” I laughed. We came to the big picture frames, and I gestured to a large silver one, “What do you think? I think it would be good on the wall next to the counter. So you see it when you walk in.”

“You know, it would be better if it was gold, not silver.” James suggested, staring between the two large picture frames. One the silver one I was beside, the other gold.

“You think?” I asked, rubbing my chin.

“Yeah, if the walls are going to be red, I think gold goes better with the red color.” Oliver explained.

“Hmmm...” I nodded, “Yes, I agree.” I said, “Do you think that, instead of all the tables, there should be like a couch, for that lounge-y feel?” I asked. “But tables and stuff too, you know?”

“I would enjoy that. And, you could put it in the little corner with like an arm chair or something. With little pillows and a blanket.” James rambled. “Oh! And the pillows and blankets should be red.”

“Blue!” Oliver protested.

“I think...blue would clash and red is just too much...” I informed calmly. “Maybe...off white? And we can do the different colors in small amounts. Or black, that would be good as well.”

“Sounds good.” They nodded.

“Maybe a coffee table with doilies.” James said, lifting the picture frame from the display. “Are you putting anything in this?”

“I have a black and white painting of a cala lily that's big enough. Or of Paris.”

“You just have these paintings lying around?” James asked.

“No, they're supposed to go into my house, but I think they'd look better in the shop.” I shrugged, getting a couple vases and handfuls of fake flowers. “Did you see a chalkboard around here anywhere? I mean, it's a craft store, don't they have that kind of thing? We need one for a menu. And chalk.”

“No idea.” James and Oliver answered.

“Fine.” I huffed, blowing my bangs away from my face. “We'll just have to check.”

“Do I have to keep carrying this around?” James asked.

I laughed at him, “No, you can go buy that and put it in that car.” I said to him, wedging the card between his fingers and he walked off.

“Do you know why he was sulking earlier?” I asked Oliver as soon as James was out of sight.

“Search me.” He shrugged, but the smile on his lips told me otherwise.

“You know.” I stated, “but, I'm guessing I'm not allowed to know.” I pouted.

“Brother's code.” Oliver nodded, patting my head. “You'd understand if you had a brother.”

“How do you know I don't?”

“I knew your grandparents, remember? They only ever talked about you.”

“That's slightly embarrassing.” I blushed, though scared of how much they actually knew, “What did you hear about me?”

“Why? That embarrassing?”

Yes, actually. And horrific. And disgusting. And just....dark.

Oliver laughed, “Just how cute of a baby you were. Stopped really hearing about you when we went off to film Harry Potter.”

I was inwardly relieved. I was only thirteen at that time. Three years before everything started to go downhill. I blinked away the thoughts, I usually tried not to think about that time. It still made me crave things I wasn't supposed to.

“Hey, what about this?” Oliver's voice broke me out of my trance, he was pointing to a set of ornate black mirrors. “These are pretty cool, right?”

“Oh my gosh, they're perfect.” I smiled, going over to stand beside him. I took the box, man it was heavy, and put it in the cart. “I think that should be good, then we can get the couch, chair, and table. And we'll be done.”

“I know a cheap furniture place.” James said. I squeaked in surprise, jumping a little. “Ha. I did it again.” He said triumphantly.

“Not funny.” I pouted once more, pushing the cart the way to the register. “Maybe I should have taken Will, he doesn't scare me.”

“Given the chance, I think he would.” Oliver smiled, “It's fun.”

“You two are just...pranksters.”

“It's why we fit so well with Fred and George.” Oliver laughed.

“Do you like Will?” James asked, I looked over my shoulder at him, he has slowed down a bit, so he was a ways behind. I stopped.

“Of course,” I said, and James' frown deepened. “He's a nice guy, quite funny, too. I'm just surprised I made so many friends.”

“Oh, so you only like him as a friend?” Oliver asked, that same knowing smirk on his face. What did he know that I didn't?

“Yeah, I mean....there aren't really many other ways to like a person, right?” I started pulling the items on the counter for the older woman to ring up. The cash register beside hers had a gum popping teenager. Who looked bored and didn't look down from the ceiling even as she scanned items. That takes talent.

“And you know,” I started again as we walked out with our bags, “He really isn't boring and dry like you said he was.”

“You cheer him up, I guess.” Oliver shrugged.

“You do that to a lot of people.”

I didn't before. I thought. Goodness, what was up with today that I kept thinking about that? I didn't really believe in omens or whatever you want to call them, but I couldn't help but feeling something was going to happen.

And that made my fingers and eyes itch and my throat burn.

“I wonder if we should take this back before we go order some furniture.” I wondered aloud.

“Well, the place isn't far from here, so we should just go get the furniture.”

“True, I guess.” I shrugged, buckling my seat belt. “Onward!” I commanded James, pointing in ahead of us.

“It's that way.” Oliver laughed, pointing to his left.

“Onward!” I shouted, pointing the way Oliver was. This, at least, got a laugh from James. It seemed like those were rare today. I wonder what's bugging him.

We walked in the store, and I have got to say, it was pretty spiffy. It was a second hand furniture place, but everything looked in pretty good shape. Towards the back of the store, I can across a perfect off white couch.

“Holy cow!” I exclaimed, “I think this is...it's...I LOVE IT!” I pushed James lightly on the shoulder. “What do you think?”

“I think it's brilliant.”

“Oh, you British people.” I chuckled once again at their accent.

“Oh, you American people.” James and Oliver said back.

“Well, do you see a coffee table anywhere?”

“There are a few over here, do you also want an off white lounge chair?” Oliver pointed, leading me over to a group of coffee table.

“This one will do.” I said instantly, tapping a cherry wood oval one.

“You decide quickly.”

“Yeah, there's not much to decide, it's just whatever fits the image in my brain.” I smiled, getting a clerk to help with everything.

“Ahhhh.” I sighed, stretching as we exited the shop. “This has been a very successful trip, I'd say.”

“Yes, even though we didn't need to come.” Oliver and James chanted. “I don't know why we did...” Oliver thought.

“Because you love me.”

“Sure.” They said, and I had a hard time figuring out if they were being sarcastic or not.

My phone started going off in my pocket, blaring loudly 'Pocketful of Sunshine' “Ugh.” I groaned, “Worst song ever.”

“Why is it your ringtone, then?”

“So I actually pick up the phone.” I said, looking at the I.D.

Jimmie

My eyebrows pulled together, and I silenced the call. She hadn't tried to call for months, and whatever it was, I wasn't going to talk about it in front of Oliver and James.

Or anyone, really.
♠ ♠ ♠
O:

There's little hints in there for what is to come. Did you catch them?

Anyways, I hope you like it.
I liked this chapter. The thought of James and Oliver being so opinionated about interior design makes me laugh.
I don't even know why.

As always, have a great day, and I wouldn't mind a few little words of feedback.
Eh? Eh? Haha :)

Peace. Love. Weasley.
Sara Michelle.

Also, I'm thinking about changing my username to something HP related, good idea? Any suggestions?