Status: Slow but active.

Guts

Desperately reaching for something in the dark;

Later that day, Damien and I were sat with mother in the living room when the door bell rang. Mother was first to get up from the couch, so we just settled ourselves further into the leather couch.

“Isobel, Peter! It’s so lovely to see you, please do come in!” Mother greeted excitedly.

I looked at Damien, unsure of what to make of their sudden appearance. I mean Alex obviously wasn’t with them, but still I had made sure to stay away from their home since Alex left. I huddled closer to my older brother, as mother brought Mr and Mrs Gaskarth into the living room.

“Alana, darling! My have you grown into a beautiful woman” Isobel smiled brightly at me.

“Thanks, Mrs G, you’re still looking as great as always” I complimented her as she down on the couch opposite Damien and I. “You too Mr G” I added with a giggle.

“Thank-you” he chuckled.

Mother soon excused herself to make dinner for us all, I had offered my assistance but she wanted me to stay and catch up with Isobel and Peter. I had hoped she wouldn’t have put me in that predicament. Damien had to use the bathroom, so he had abandoned me also. Typical.

“So, what have you been doing with yourself, Alana?” Peter asked me.

“This and that, really. Just working at Damien’s music store, finished college a few months back” I replied.

“Oh, really? What did you study at college?” Isobel asked me out of interest.

“I studied English language and literature” I smiled “I had always been good at it in school, and I enjoyed it” I added.

“That sounds very interesting, Alana. I remember when you and Alex were younger, when you stayed round with us you were always pestering us with books. You’re a very intelligent girl” Peter smiled brightly.

Alex. It was about time, the subject of him came into conversation.

“Gosh, that was years ago! They were really good books though, you always said you enjoyed them!! Alex…how has he been doing?” I asked, curiously. Though it didn’t really bother me, I just wanted to be gracious and ask.

“That’s true, sweetheart” Isobel smiled, “He’s been doing good thanks for asking Alana. Tour has been kicking it out of him, but he seems to be happy at the moment, he would have come to dinner this evening, but he was so tired, we let him stay home and catch up on sleep” Isobel added softly.

I just nodded, a soft smile on my face. I was glad he couldn’t make it this evening, that would have been awkward. They didn’t know that Alex and I had stopped talking, seeing as it was hectic before he left, it just looked as though we had grown apart. If only that was the case. Damien came back shortly, a smiled plastered on his face, all I could do was scowl at him for leaving me alone. Mother called us into the dining room not long after, we made conversation that was set for the time we were eating, before I retreated back to my bedroom where I settled myself into bed, thinking of Alex’s return to Lutherville.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update of the day...well evening. I hope you like it ! Thanks for those that have subscribed !! Please comment !! :') <3