‹ Prequel: Disgrace.
Status: comment for updates

Deception.

Sometimes even the truth is hard to explain

Sometimes even the truth is hard to explain
Chapter one

”Look Will, we’re back in Huntington Beach” I tell my 3 year old son as we drive by the city sign. It has been 3 years since I left Huntington Beach, California with my newborn son. I never wanted to come back but I had to for my grandfather's funeral. William has grown since I left; he has turned into a cute little chubby boy, looking a lot like his father except he has my brown hair color.

I start chewing my lip as I park by my mom and John’s house, my old home. It looked the same, just more dead. All the playground things they had are gone; doesn’t anyone with kid visit them anymore? I sigh then get out of the car taking William out too, then goes up to the front door and ring the bell. I do hope Zacky doesn’t live here anymore; first off, it would be embarrassing because he must be around 27 or something. And secondly, I really don’t want to see him. I gulp as the door opens but I'm happy to see that it’s my mom.

“Oh my god! Raina I’m so happy to see you!” she tells me hugging me being careful with William. I just smile not saying anything, I am happy to see her, I’m just not happy about all this coming back. She pulls away then looks at the child in my arms.

“And this must be my grandchild?” she ask me. I nod slightly looking at William.

“This is William, William this is your grandma” I tell him. He looks at her then giggles and waves slightly. Me and my mom laughs and she steps aside letting me then closes the door after me. I look around in the house that used to be my home, before it all happened. After what Zacky did to me I never counted this as my home, more like a prison I had to stay in for 9 months before I could leave. She leads us into the kitchen then look at William.

“Do you want to see a movie William?” she asks him. He looks up at me for approval, I nod to him and he then looks at her and smiles.

“Yaaa!” he shrieks. I laugh and take him into the living room then help him finding a movie he can see, after arguing with him for a while about why he can’t see Saw, we settled on Lion King 2. I swear that kid is just like his father sometimes, only wants to see horror movies. I walk back into the kitchen and settle down in front of the cup of coffee that my mom has made for me while I was arguing with William. She sat down on the other site of the table and looked at me smiling.

“He’s a cute little boy” she tells me before sipping from her cup of coffee. I smile to her then sigh.

“Yeah, but he can be trouble sometimes, we have our argues.” She laughs then sigh looking towards the living room, I look down at my cup and let the silence settle between us.

“You know, he does remind me of someone” she says quietly, I just roll my eyes. Instead of all the excuses I had come up with when we left New York, I simply just said.

“Took you long to figure it out.” As soon the word had left my mouth I regretted them. My mom looks at me then toward the living room again. Then she gets up and leaves the kitchen. I don’t move or get up; I stay in my spot and drink my coffee.

“Oh my god!” I hear my mom shriek out from the hall way and she comes running into the kitchen looking at me, “Zacky is his father?!” I sigh looking at my coffee then nods to her. She sits down looking at me, and silence once more falls between us.

“H-how?” she stutters, I look at her. Trying to come up with something to say, but sometimes even the truth is hard to explain.

“Maybe you should ask him how, mom.” I say. Just as the words leave my mouth the front door goes up, and I hear the voice I never wanted to hear again.

“Hey Ann, what’s up?” Zacky’s yells into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for grammar mistakes. but I'm only human <.<
hope you like it. comments means more chapters :)