‹ Prequel: Disgrace.
Status: comment for updates

Deception.

Same last name.

Today is the dreaded day, the day for the double date with Deena. when she told me it was Zacky who was to be my date, I stopped myself from calling it off. Knowing Deena she would want an explanation, and I could not give that to her. What would I say? He's William's father, and he raped me when I was 16 years old. no I could not, even though I hate Zacky for what he did to me, I can not ruin his life.

"You look so good in that dress!" Deena tells me bringing me out of my thoughts. I just smile and fix the dress, then put my heels on. William is not at home, I arranged for my neighbor to look after him so he is at her place. I hope he behaves, he can be a little out of control at times.

"Are you ready to go? We have to be at the restaurant in 15 minutes" Deena reminds me, I sigh picking up my jacket putting it on then looks at her. she has been finished for over half an hour, complaining that I was being slow by purpose. if she only knew..

I lock the door after us as we make it down the stairs and out on the street. it was not overly crowded tonight making it easy for us to hurry down to the place we are meeting the guys, which lay pretty close to my apartment. We get there in 20 minutes, only 5 minutes late, Deena quickly spots Matt hurrying over to him. I slowly follow her standing behind Deena as they greet each other with studying each others throat with their tongue. Gross.

"Matt this is my friend, Raina Hart." Matt looks at me then frowns, I gulp hoping he hasn't recognized me.

"Do I know you from somewhere?" he ask, I rip my brain for what to say. I have to come up with something.

"N-no I don't think so." I tell him smiling slightly. he nods seeming to take the lie, but his eyes told a different story. he leads us to the table, and to the person I least wanted to see, Zacky. When he sees me he gets up nearly pushing the chair over, I force my body to stay even thought it really wants to run.

"Zacky, this is Deena, the girl I told you about, and her friend Raina" Matt tells Zacky, he nods never taking his eyes of mine. "And ladies, this is my good friend, and band mate, Zacky Baker." we shake hands and sit down at the table. we order the food we want to eat, and afterwards an awkward silence spread across the table.

"so, Raina, how long have you lived here?" Matt asks, giving me the same look he gave me when I lied to him about not knowing who he was. I gulp slightly giving Zacky a quick look, then looks down.

"For about 3 years now.." I tell him, he nods and I got the feeling he was not done questioning me.

"Where are you from?" oh god, not that question. the water brings in our food and I look down at what I have ordered suddenly feeling sick just by looking at it. "Well? you are getting off that easy." Matt tells me filling his mouth with the food he has ordered. I breathes in quietly looking at him.

"Huntington Beach." I tell him.

"Really? What an coincidence! Me and Zacky are from there too, it has one of the most beautiful beaches, why move away?" at this point I knew he remembers me, and trying to get the reason why I left.

"'Coz of personal reasons" I quickly glimpse at Zacky. "I wanted to start on a new with my son, that is all I'm going to tell about it." Matt looks at Zacky then back at me.

"you have a son?" before I can answer Deena cuts in.

"oh yes she has, William, he's so cute, and he has these cute green/brown eyes and a love for horror movies, even thought he's only 3 years old." Matt looks at me with big eyes then at Zacky, who just looks down at his lap. Deena looks around the table.

"has I said something wrong?" Yes Deena.. Yes you have. Matt looks at her then shakes his head smiling and kisses her, she smiles back then looks at Zacky.

"It's funny though, William shares the same last name as you.. and not Raina's.." That was it for me. I got up, pushing the chair over, and quickly walks for the exit of the restaurant. I can hear Deena yell my name but I don't care, I need to get out of this place.

as I get out on the street I slow down a bit, taking a deep breath, letting some fresh air in. I needed that, and I need to tell Deena the truth if Zacky or Matt doesn't beat me to it. I reach my apartment building and walks in and up the stairs towards my safety place. Just as I have put my keys in the lock, ready to unlock the door, a voice from down the stairs makes me freeze in the spot.

"Raina!" Zacky, he must have followed me without me knowing. he starts making his way up the stairs, and I quickly unlocked the door getting inside slamming the door closed. A foot stops the door from closing completely and I whimper running to it trying to force it closed. But he is still stronger than me, pushing the door open. I step back getting tears in my eyes, as he closes the door looking at me.

"P-please go a-away.." I stutter as a weak demand. he shakes his head taking a step towards me, I take a step back then turn around and run for somewhere in my apartment where I can lock the door and lock him out of my view. I guess he saw it coming, because he had a firm grip around my waist holding me back. I start freaking out, thrashing in his arms. he groans then push me down on the ground getting on the top of me, holding me down. this only made things worse, I panic even more.

"Let me go!" I scream at him trying my hardest to get lose. he shakes his head at me.

"Not until you listen to me Raina!" he tells me. I quiet down looking at him with tears in my eyes, hoping he will not hurt me. he sigh.

"Look I'm sorry for what I did to you 4 years ago, I felt bad afterwards, that's why I never was home.. I cannot take back what I did to you, but you should try to let it g-"

"Let it go?!" I scream at him, cutting him off. "I was 16 years old Zacky!I was practically a child! who does that to a child?! I lost my teenage years because of what you did to me!" he looks at me with guilt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry.." he whispers. He then gets off of me looking at the ground, I get up dusting myself off. He looks at me with tears in his eyes.

"I know I did wrong, but that doesn't mean that you can keep my son away from me.." I glare at him then starts punching him in the chest, he grabs my hands, and I growl looking at him.

"I have EVERY right to keep William away from you! He doesn't need a father like you!!" I yell at him. Before he can answer a voice cuts him off.

"Mummy, who that?" I snap my head towards the door seeing my neighbor, Mrs. Smith, with William in her arms. I gulp getting my hands lose from Zacky, and walks over grabbing him into my arms and thank Mrs. Smith. as she closes the door William looks at Zacky with his fingers in his mouth.

"is dat mummy's bruther?" he asks. I look at Zacky, he doesn't say a thing, I sigh then carry William into his bedroom putting him to sleep. When I get out from the room, Zacky is still standing in the same spot looking towards the door I'm emerging from. I sigh then walks over to him grabbing his arm pulling him towards the front door.

"Go Zacky." I tell him. he looks at me, then stops shaking his head.

"No, not until we have talked!" he demands. I sigh then open the front door.

"Come back here tomorrow, around 3PM, then we'll talk." I tell him, he seems to be satisfied with that, nodding quietly then walks out. I close the door, locking it, then put my head against it. tears find their way to my eyes yet again, and I start dreading for tomorrow. Why is this happening to me..
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the long wait, I hope you like it :)