Love Song of the Sea

Welcome to Hell.

Image


“Who’s a good girl? Who’s a good girl?!”

I exclaimed, scratching my beloved pet on the belly.

Coco howled monstrously in response, the bright pink bow upon her raggedy tail, flying back and forth as she wagged it.

“Andromeda, your father will not be pleased if you continue to domesticate the Hellhounds. . .” warned a voice.

I turned to see my dear mother, looking as lovely as ever from where she stood at the doorway.

I scoffed at her, an amused expression gracing the both of our faces.

“Like you care, mother, you know you find it entirely too entertaining." I retorted as I ceased petting Coco.

I quickly wiped the palms of my hands on the ends of my dress with a disgusted expression. Hellhounds, as adorable as they were, somehow managed to always leave my hands with a greasy feeling that I tended to dislike. . .

A smile broke out across my mother’s features as she replied, “Very true, darling.”

“PERSEPHONE, ANDROMEDA! GET THE DOOR!”

I grimaced as my father’s voice rang throughout the pits of, you guessed it, Hell.

“I’M WORKIN’ ON IT!” mother exclaimed back brashly and at that precise moment, Coco and her siblings sprang forward down the hall.

“Well then,” my mother began, placing a soft hand upon my pale shoulder.

“It seems that we have a bit of company. . .” she smirked.

My mother was the type of person to look forward to any sort of visitor we received in the underworld, most of which came only to visit her.

But, because she was indeed Hades’ wife, I couldn’t blame her.

Mother and I followed our hellhounds’ example and made our way into the entrance way of our lovely abode only to find three visitors cornered by the hounds.

Mother quickly called them off using a bit of Greek speak in order to do so.

“What are those things?” questioned one of the visitors in panic.

I took offense to this - they were not things, they were my babies♥.

“Hellhounds.” mother shrugged in response.

“Well, maybe you should feed them!” exclaimed another visitor, although I found the one that had spoken first to be much more attractive.

“Of course we feed them, don’t we girl?” I cooed, patting my knees as Coco came bounding over to me. Whilst she lapped at my hand with her thick, disgusting tongue, mother got all sensual with visitor number two, aka Goatboy.

“Satyr, Hm. I haven’t had a Satyr. . .” mother said, her tone completely sultry.

“Mother!” I exclaimed, utterly appalled.

"-visit before” my mother finished promptly, rolling her eyes at me.

“PERSEPHONE!” exclaimed father, almost like he knew what she was up to.

“WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE TAKING THE TWO OF YOU SO LONG?” he questioned snidely.

Mother said nothing and continued to size up the Satyr with her lustful gaze.

“DON’T IGNORE ME!” Father continued.

“Or what?” mother challenged, rolling her eyes at him.

“Here we go again. . .” I sighed, stroking Coco’s fur.

What will you do?! I’m already in Hell. . .” Mother added angrily.

“Aren’t we all?” I agreed lamely, placing a comforting hand on mother’s arm.

- - -


"I have a question!” The Satyr squeaked as we made our way down into father’s lair, so to speak.

“I know all about Persephone and Hades, but who are you?” The Satyr continued, drawing everyone’s attention to me.

“I—” I began only to be cut off as we reached father’s lair.

“My darling Andromeda!” Father exclaimed.

He marched forward to hug me and then kiss mother sweetly on the cheek.

Her reaction to which was presumably a scoff.

“We have visitors~” Mother stated as father decided to act like he wasn’t the one who told us to get the door in the first place.

“Ah, it seems we do~” father stated curtly before turning to smile at visitor number one.

“WELCOME~” he beamed, holding his arms out as if someone would actually hug him.

“You have your father’s looks.” he added after an awkward moment of no one stepping forward to embrace him, he directed this comment yet again to visitor number one.

I raked my brain for any recollection of who this person could possibly be.

“Hm. . .” I murmured aloud, tapping my chin in though.

Father’s? He must be a Demigod then, mustn’t he?

In order to have a father that my father actually knew, anyway. . .

“Always the, uh, lucky side of the family.” Father smirked as Goatboy laughed in disbelief.

“Wait, you’re Hades?” He questioned.

“Oh, hah, sorry. I just, didn’t expect you to look like this man. . .” Goatboy continued coolly.

“Kind of stylish, huh?” He added as an afterthought, obviously not knowing when to shut his mouth.

“Would you prefer that I looked like this?” Father questioned smugly before stepping back and going all Human-torch meets Halloween monster on us.

The three visitors looked absolutely terrified as mom scoffed and stood there, unfazed.

“NO! NO! STICK TO THE McJAGGER THING! IT WORKS FOR YOU!” Goatboy panicked as dad roared and snarled in their face.

This is why I would never be able to get a boyfriend -_-‘

“You’re very brave coming here. . .come closer~” Dad taunted, wagging a finger at them.

Dad then proceeded to pull the first visitor close and talk to him privately.

At this, the other two visitors: Skank and Goatboy snuck closer in attempts to eavesdrop.

Naturally, when Goatboy walked by mother was all sultry with him again.

“Mother, who are they?” I questioned her in what I thought to be a hush-hush tone.

“Demigods, darling. And a very handsome Satyr of course~” Mother added with a grin.

Demigods?” I asked rhetorically. Seems that I was correct after all XD

“Grover Underwood, Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson~” The Satyr introduced himself, his voice barely above a whisper.

“Percy Jackson, hm?” I stated, testing out the name on my tongue.

“Let my mother go!” Visitor number one, Percy, ordered to my father.

I paled at this.

“I don’t remember anybody being imprisoned here, besides us—“ I stated in confusion as father threw a tantrum and threw a vase/bowl thing to the ground.

It promptly smashed into little pieces before smoke rose up and a human woman appeared.

Percy went running to the woman and hugged her, tossing a shield down on his way.

Father and I both looked at it curiously.

“And it’s sparking because. . .?” I drawled out, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Zeus’s master bolt. . .!” Father called, removing a huge lightning bolt from the confines of the shield.

“Bolt?. . .THE LIGHTNING THEIF!” I exclaimed, pointing a dainty finger at this so called Percy Jackson.

At this the entire room became tense as father smirked in victory.

Liar~” He breathed, holding the lightning bolt in his hand like a trophy, at best.

Something tells me this does not bode well. . .
♠ ♠ ♠
***I recently learned that sneaked is actually the original correct conjugation of to sneak even if it sounds a bit weird in comparison to snuck. So, don't think I'm a grammatical idiot or whatever for continuing to use snuck - I'm just a bit colloquial after all. ;0